You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Watching Us

Real Ghost Stories

Watching Us

 

My story begins 2004, my boyfriend had moved in with me. I was renting a depressing council house on an estate called Kendray. Nothing ghostly or creepy ever happened to me here before he moved in, but once he did all kinds of taps, bangs and voices came out.

Whenever I was falling to sleep I'd hear a womans voice call out my name right in my ear. One time I was fast to sleep and I heard a voice say, "get up, its time to get up," and when I looked at my phone I'd missed my alarm so that voice came in handy at least once.

But my story is about my boyfriend and I went out to visit his parents, we were going to be out about 3 hours, and I knew it would be dark on our return so I put a lamp on that was between our 2 living room windows and we left. Everything was going fine. We got back home about 9, and as we pulled up outside the front of our home we were chatting, and I glanced up to look at the house, and there, stood in the right hand window was a tall well built man. I couldn't see any features of his face or anything, just a man as plain as day, with the light from the lamp putting him in silhouette.

He stood a moment, then kind of ducked to one side behind the curtain as if he saw me looking. I turned to my bofriend to say, "Did you see that?" but he beat me to it. As I started to panic he was already up the path and inside the house looking around. As I got to the door he'd checked it out and there was no intruder, everything was how I left it. No break in, nothing. But what shakes me the most is, if I didn't put the lamp on, the mystery man would have been in the window, and we would have been none the wiser. We don't live there anymore thank God. That place got too creepy and we had to move.

Thanks for reading x

Other hauntings by pringles

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pringles, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
I noticed you said that nothing paranormal happened before your boyfriend moved in, have you ever considered that maybe there is a spirit attached to your boyfriend. This could also explain the happenings even after you have left the previous house.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Whatever that guy was, it's a bad idea to just run in when you see something wrong with your home. What if he'd been a burgler who decided to stick around?

If something like this happens again, you ought to call the cops before you enter your home, for safety's sake.
paranorm12 (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
omg, that is way creepy, check out my story, spirit in he stables, to get a bone chiller, almost
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Ahh, well I will definitely go take a look see. I didn't see your other story.:)
pringles (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
well we moved in with my brother and there's been spooky happenings here too if you read my other story you'll see what I mean, thanks for reading x
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Seems he was just curious about you guys, and wanted a closer look.:) If nothing else has happened since you've moved, it's probably safe to say that he stayed behind.
Marypatricia (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
And since you have moved has anything else happened to you guys?
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
for me, the 'voice' is just a typical manifestation of a resident 'unseen' that want you to acknowledge their presence. As for the man 'unseen' he might be either a resident or just a curious unseen that wants to see the house's new living residents

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: