You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Classic Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Classic Ghost

 

At the time I was living in my second childhood home, previously my paternal grandmother's home. My bed was directly in front of the doorway to my room and the door was usually left open. The doorway to my mother's room was directly across from my own and it too was generally always open. I was about seven or eight years old.

I recall it being a normal night and I had fallen asleep with no issue. It must have been about midnight or one in the morning when I rapidly and suddenly awoke. I sat bolt upright in bed, fully awake, and looking straight into in my mother's room. Within moments I saw this white figure go from the upper left to right of my mother's room doorway. At that time it felt like this took several minutes but in reality it had to have been mere seconds. The best way I can think to describe it was it looked like a very wispy white sheet - let's say something similar to what would be used as a classic Halloween costume or decoration. It also seemed as if I was only seeing the lower portion of it.

Naturally, I immediately flipped out and awoke my mother. For some time I remained in fear of this - thing - whatever it might have been but I have never since then seen anything like it.

It happened so quickly and seemed so cliche that to this day I wonder if it was my imagination. Yet, if it was my imagination why would I wake from a sound sleep to see that? If it were a true manifestation, why appear in that manner unless its intent was to toy with me?

Thank you for reading!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blurple, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Blurple, I think at that age you mentioned, children generally have more sensitivity towards spirits or entities. Nice narration and I liked the caption. You said that you have more experiences. Please share it with us.

Regards,

SDS
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Could it have possibly been an image from a dream you were having, at that moment you shot up, still playing out in your head while you felt awake?
Buzz_man123 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Hey, in a village near me there is a lot of sightings of what appears to be a medieval solider walking down the main street, however he can only be seen from just above the knees upward. The conclusion we reached is that the road he would have been walking on was underneath the current road.

I believe that this theory could be used for things that seem to be floating in mid air. For instance whatever the entity was it could have been stood on something in the doorway etc, maybe when the house was being built meaning his top half was hidden from view by the top of the door to you in the here and now, which would explain the feeling of only seeing his bottom half. Plus depending on the time zone he could have been wearing a tunic of some sort, or a dress.

Just thought I'd put the idea forward. To offer a variety of explanations:)

Liam
Blurple (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
rook- That does make sense and its a conclusion I have been leaning toward.

Cliney- I say that because... I suppose I didn't really know others actually saw such an apparition save for in TV/Movies.

Blinky- I do have more experiences and am just trying to sort them all out. I am new here too 😁!

Thank you all for your input! ❤
Blinky (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
I often agree that a child's eyes can be a looking glass into another... For lack of a better word-- realm.
Don't discount a very vivid dream either though! I am not discounting the encounter by any means. I would be the last person to have any rights to that.

Have you had other experiences?

BTW I am brand new to this site so everyone bear with me while I learn to navigate!

Thanks!
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
I think you titled your story well... I realise you feel you saw a 'cliche' ghost but why do you think it is a 'cliche'? Because yours is a typical example of what 100s and 1000s of people have seen in their lifetimes. This is exactly what makes your story so believable. I don't think that this spirit wanted to toy with you it just came to you as the most open minded person in the home (adults can sometimes lose their sensitivity as they get older) to let you know it was there. ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
JordanElizabethBell,

First I must ask you this...

'A past liver'? Would that be 'beef', 'pork' or 'chicken' liver... My wife loves her some good chicken gizzards... (MMM mmm good)

Second...

You never answered my question to you about 'self-freshing' would you care to elaborate on that now?

Respectfully,

Rook

LNTP
JordanElizabethBell (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
To start it could just be a friend or dead relitive watching over you or just a past liver in the house
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
You said you were 7-8 years old when this occurred. There is a chance that due to your age you were 'more sensitive' to 'feeling/seeing spirits' and because of this you 'felt/saw' the activity and woke up in time to see this spirit as it 'completed' it's manifestation... It 'vanished' because it had used up the 'energy' it had gathered to manifest.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: