You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demon Or Violent Ghost Scratches My Hand

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Or Violent Ghost Scratches My Hand

 

In one of my past stories, I talked about feeling like I was being watched, and also of a man that I had seen in my basement. Me being a very curious sort of person, I waited until my parents went out on the night of August 12 and for my two sisters to leave. Once they did, I turned my laptop's microphone on the highest sensitivity, as that is the only thing to record audio that I have, and began to ask questions. They were the basic sort of questions anyone who was investigating paranormal phenomenon would ask, such as, "What's your name? Did you die here? Are you not able to move on to the other side? Etc."

After an hour, I decided should stop and review my findings. I got nothing. No voices, no sounds, nothing. At that moment I looked at the clock, and noticed it was 9 P.M. The time where something always seems to happen to me, whether it was that apparition or the feeling of being watched suddenly intensifying. Not wanting to be alone, I went to get the phone to call my parents to find out when they were coming back.

Demon Or Violent Ghost Scratches My Hand

Halfway there though, I paused. How pathetic would that be, a 13 year old calling for his parents to come home because he didn't want to be alone? Instead, I turned around and went back into the living room to watch TV until my parents came home. After five minutes, a white hot burning sensation crept across my hand. I winced in pain as the feeling got worse, and looked down at the back of my hand.

One long scratch ran across it, curving slightly to the left, with a smaller scratch branching off of the longer one, that one going towards the right. I had not scratched the back of my hand all day, and nothing else could have caused that that I knew of. I knew that this was probably a spirit of some sort, but somehow, I knew that it couldn't have been the man I had seen the other day. That man hadn't seemed aggressive, and hadn't seemed to be angry at me nor had he seemed to hate me, so I know that it couldn't be him.

Could there be second spirit in my house who wishes to harm me? I'm really worried about my safety, because in my last story I had said that my family had been using a lot more electronics lately, which could be giving this second, more aggressive, spirit enough power to do harm to me. I fear that these scratches may only be a warning, and that whatever had caused these will slowly began to get more aggressive towards me. I'm not sure at all as to what should do about this. My parents won't believe me, because they don't believe in this kind of thing, nor do my siblings believe in this kind of stuff.

Does anyone know what I could do to stop this paranormal activity?

Other hauntings by Shadowclaw777

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shadowclaw777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
lol ps to my comment below, it's funny when she runsdown the stairs well crawls or whatever she does. When she finishes coming down the stairs and she is at the bottom of them, she sticks out her toung! Lol it's soooooo FUNNY but a serious matter too.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
Ok thanks thesandman.
I am over that now I was watching some top ten most scariest movies with my friends, and on mostly every persons list exorcist was first, so I got pretty scared at the point where I had to go to bed.
thesandman (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Crestal,

The movie you described sounds likt "the exorcist",
While the movie is based on a true story that happened to a young girl named annaleise michael, its VERY LOOSELY based on the actual story. Should you be afraid of demons? Sure, everybody is scared by things, demons are just as rational a fear as spiders or clowns, but you shouldnt be terrified of them. Dont dabble around with ouija boards or anything like that and you will be fine.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
Ok one of the reasons I am scared of demons is that, well has, any body seen the exidios or something like that I don't know how to spell it but yeah. For those who haven't, I'll give you a brief. Ok jumping way over to the middle, there is a girl, there is a demon inside of her, the demon controls her, the priest comes in and exidisese her. Another thing is, one of my friends told me that there were people in the church. The church people were performing exidios and half of them were all good, and all the others were like in really bad pain because there was a demon inside of them.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-15)
Thanks Rook when I was reading your comment on BEK's I got a feeling like I was being watched or something. But thanks again.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-14)
Crestal,

I think you would be hard pressed to find a site about BEK's that does not have at least a couple of pictures.

I've done some reading, even had my own experience with 3 of 'them'. In the case of my experience it was 3 teenagers wearing contacts... But it was still unnerving. I also think many 'accounts' are more like the one I had and that 'true' Black Eyed Kids/People encounters are few and far between.

Respectfully,

Rook
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Ok, thank you Rook I'll search it up on the ' net ' but I don't want to see any scary pictures so yeah. Also Rook is any websites about the BEK's (black eyed kids) creepy? Because I want to read about them but not see any pictures of them. Sorry for this being so long but I got one more thing to say. Have you read anything about the BEK's? If so do you feel like they are watching you or get an eiree feeling?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Crestal,

The definitions I offered are very basic and as 'non-religious' as I could make them. But both terms are easy to look up and find information on.

So check the 'net', find some books and do a bit of research. If you still have questions please feel free to ask them.

Respectfully,

Rook
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
Thank you Rook I resect your comment to help me. Thanks again for telling me what the differentce is.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
Crestal,

Demon: A non-human entity that thrives on negative energy or in a negative environment. In RELIGIOUS circles they are the Angels that sided with Lucifer and were cast out of Heaven with him. Bottom line is they are EVIL and will attempt to make you do things that 'build' an environment they can thrive in... This includes being able to posses an individual because they desire a physical body... Something they have never had or experienced.

Ghost: A spirit (soul) of a 'human' that has died. They are either a 'trapped/lost' soul who can not 'move on' because of unfinished business, sudden death (in which case they do not 'know' their body has died) or a sentimental attachment to/with someone who will not let them cross over. Or... The spirit (soul) of a dead human who has crossed over and chooses to return and interact (manifest) with the living.

Respectfully,

Rook
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
What is different between a ghost and a demon? If you know just say it in the comments like this one.
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Hello Shadowclaw,

I read this and the story that you posted before this one so I'll reply to both of them on here rather than post two separate comments. In my opinion of the paranormal; spirits can very much echo their feelings of anger, sadness, happiness or warmth etc onto anything living in the vicinity. I know that Dogs can go absolutely bonkers in the event of paranormal activity. Therefore it's not unlikely for humans to catch feelings off of spirits too. It's almost like an emotional transfer. Therefore it's not crazy to argue that the sadness you felt could be echoed from the entity.

Now for this story. Reading over your last story and this one I've come to agree with zzsgranny with the idea of the spirit desiring attention. You explain in your previous story that the spirit showed itself and it seemed in your story at least that when you felt the magnitude of sadness that the entity went away. To me the feelings that you got were the purpose of the visit. The scratch can also be a form of attention grabbing especially after the questions that you asked. Could have lured the spirit to make a grander gesture. Also a little less likely but still I think it's worth mentioning that you may have angered said spirit with the questions that you asked or the way that you worded them. They can be very sensitive. Either way, said scratch can be seen attributed to some form of communication.

Good luck with however you go about dealing with this entity and thanks for sharing your stories, they made for interesting reading.
Shadowclaw777 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Zzsgranny -
Huh...I guess you're right, never thought of that. I guess just had like, a gut feeling that it wasn't him, but maybe it is after all...I'll google "Audacity" once I've got the time, and than go back and review the recordings again!:)

And yeah, I said 'm athiest, but I'm at like, an in between area. I don't believe in god, but guardian angels and demons I do believe in. XP
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Shadowclaw: Well, sometimes spirits will do things like scratch, pull hair, poke, whatever it takes just to gain your attention... It doesn't mean they're bad, evil, or even demonic, just that they're at a loss to find a way to communicate... I wouldn't write the guy downstairs off right away...

And can I ask, when you listened to the recording did you use earphones/buds?...Sometimes spirits may think they're screaming, and to us it only sounds like a whisper, so you need to review your recordings again and again...There's a great program called "Audacity" that most ghost hunters/investigators use to review their recordings... Just google it, you can download it for free...

Now on to something that really concerns me...You've said you're an atheist, right?...Then, in my opinion, the word "demon" shouldn't even be a part of your "paranormal vocabulary"...I really don't want to spark a religious debate, but from what I understand, demons are from hell, which is an established doctrine taught by many organized religions... So if you don't believe in God, then you can't really believe in "demons"...Jus' sayin' 😊
Shadowclaw777 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Soulless -
Thanks for the advice, and after reading your comment I did show my parents the cut. They managed to admit that something was going on, but I'm not sure if they're ready to admit that it's something paranormal. From how they were looking at me, it seems like they're believing I'm cutting myself with knives when they're not at home. >.<

Rook -
Thanks! I'm going to try that, and see if it helps any!:)

Thefather -
Thanks for the advice, although, I'm not sure that method would work for me, as I'm athiest. >.>

Cliney -
Thanks for the advice; I'll try to ignore it, but as I mentioned in one or two stories, I'm a really curious person, so that'll be a little hard for me. XP

Jav-
Well, first off, I did mention that I was almost certian that this couldn't be the guy from the basement, because, just like you said, when I had seen him, he had seemed sad, not aggressive. And I also stated that I wasn't sure wether this was a demon or maybe a violent ghost. I'm almost sure that it was one of those two. Also, this has nothing to do with the story, but I would prefer it if you did not refer to me as "kid." I'm almost 14, and my maturity level is higher than most my age.

Lou -
I do admit that 9:00 would've been a better time to do this, but seeing that man in the basement had gotten me rather excited over having my own paranormal experiences. And I never mentioned feeling a presence in the house; what I said was that I had noticed it was 9 and that I didn't want to be alone, but didn't want to call my parents to ask when they were coming home, so I went back into the living room. I didn't feel a presence before getting scratched.

Pjod -
Actually, lately, I haven't been outside as much. Fargo's been having some really bad weather lately; it doesn't even feel like Summer anymore, more like a really, really rainy Fall. XP

Frochar -
Why do you think I would be dead alread if it was a demon?

Badjuujuu -
I actually mousturize, to avoid having dry and rough skin. XP

I've also gotten an e-mail from someone on the site who had a great method to talking with spirits; instead of being in my living room I'm going to try to do that method in my basement in front of the wall that the man came out of (This time at 9, Lou x3) and after that, I'm going to try Rook's cleansing method. X3
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Another possible non-paranormal source for the scratch to consider is dry skin. I have no idea what your hands are like, but if your skin gets dry it can split open. The split/crack looks like a scratch, and omg does it burn! It feels a lot like pouring lemon juice onto a paper cut. 😭
Anyway it's a thought.
Frocharocha (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
I'm sure that the man you saw on the basement wasn't a demon, otherwise you would be dead already. I think the scratches was the spirit trying to talk with you, since even ghosts screams isn't loudble by humans if i'm correct.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Realize, when you walk through brush, woods- cut the grass, garden, fishing, rubbing up against a bush or tall grass, etc... Any of these outdoor activities can cause a skin reaction to occur, much later after the activity. Considering your age, I assume your active outdoors. I'm allergic to poison ivy- anytime I go near the stuff, I get a reaction that mimics a scratch. Just something to consider.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Jav,
Will you stop getting to all these stories ahead of me? Geesh!

SC77...Your profile suggests you are a prolific ghost hunter. Your interests include demons and violent entities... And that you like to help people with their paranormal experiences...that's quite a claim at such a young age, and the fact that your previous account states you have been on one actual ghost hunt.

You spent an hour trying to communicate with the spirits in your home, with no results and after reviewing the tape realized that it coincidentally was the exact time you are ALWAYS effected by the spirits, 9:00. Didn't it occur to you that 9:00 would have been a better time to try to contact them, since that is when it always happens? And on this particular night when you felt their presence prior to being scratched...didn't it ever occur to you to turn your laptop back on and actually record the activity that was happening?

You need to either hone your skills in ghosthunting, or in creative writing, I am not sure which.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Shadowclaw,
Whoa, whoa, whoa... Slow it down there kid! You went from sad black mass to demonic scratches pretty quickly there, don't you think?
I can't tell you how many times I've looked down to find a mystery scratch or bruise. It's just the way it happens sometimes. If I were to attribute each of those mystery scratches to some malevolent entity, we'd be in a lot of trouble at my house. Plus, I thought this guy was supposed to be 'sad'?
Make up your mind, we can't do it for you.

Jav 🤔
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Shadow law... Please don't underestimate your parents I think that unless you have a history of being untruthful then why wouldn't they believe you even if they are not believers themselves. They have no reason to doubt that YOU believe something happened... Also please don't try to make contact again... If anything try to ignore it that way way any activity might 'amp up' this way your parents are more likely to witness something and then you will get some adult help... I couldn't bare for my kids to be afraid in their own home... And I think most parents will feel the same... Try Rooks cleansing method he has a lot of respect on the website and others have tried it with good results...
Let us know how you get on 😊
TheFather (1 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Coltan

You do not have to get rid of the ghosts
The scratches on your hand may be a sign of contact from the man you saw in you basement. By attempting to talk to it you may have called it to your actual house allowing it to interact with you by scratching and touching you. Next time you feel his presence try talking to it or communicating with a oujia board. DO NOT TRY THE OUJIA BOARD UNLESS YOU ARE AWARE WITH THE RISKS. If communication fails I suggest you ask what ever god you believe in to bless a jar of virgin oil with the power to exorcist demons and harmful ghosts. Then smear some on your hand and make lines on doorways and windows like your making lines for things not to pass it. Do it for every doorway and window. While you are doing it pray for it to have the powers to keep demons and harmful ghosts out and for it to protect you, your family and friends. Do it for every windows and doorways. That will keep the demon or ghost from entering and moving around.

PS DO NOT FORGET THE MIRROR
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Shadowclaw,

Don't Panic 😁 (To bad I can't make those letters gold)

Before jumping on the malevolent spirit/demon band wagon ask yourself this... Could this be a 'spirit animal' that is making contact the only way it knows how?

I like the fact you have considered the high EMF and how it may be fueling any possible activity... But all the activity may not be caused by a 'human spirit'. It may well be the spirit of a dog or cat...It's something to consider.

I offered a Method I use, I said it was yours for the asking... Well you said this...

"Does anyone know what I could do to stop this paranormal activity?"

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
SoullessMuffinz (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
If it is dangerous, I suggest not doing anything that might encourage it. For example, trying to catch it on tape, or like you did when you tried to communicate with it using the voice recorder. It, in a way, gives them permission to harm you or torment you, causing you to become more afraid, which in turn, gives them more power.

I seriously suggest talking to your parents about it and showing them the wound as proof. I was afraid my mom wouldn't believe me, too, but she took me seriously when I showed her a scar I have on my leg from a mysterious gash that appeared there a few years ago. Maybe afterwards, they will agree to get some professional help. Be careful and I wish you the best of luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: