You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts In Germany

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts In Germany

 

This is my first time sharing a ghost story. I have had several experiences in my life but these are the ones I had in Germany.

I have always been sensitive to "feeling" things in the spiritual realm. I've never been a scared type of person. I have always had a strong faith that God loves me and will protect me from evil.

When I was 21 years old I was married to a guy in the military stationed in Osterholz, Germany. I settled in to the apartment and started attending a church. Whether or not my husband was deployed, I always went to church.

I met a girl from the church there who's husband was on a similar deployment schedule and, as the two of us were often alone and we didn't have children, we decided to spend some time together while our husbands were away.

She invited me over to their apartment to spend the night so I brought my clothes and we stayed up watching movies her mother had sent her on VHS. (Anyone remember those?) Then we got ready for bed after talking and giggling and sharing stories about growing up. We'd had a good night. She only had one bed and I slept in it with her.

That night I felt uneasy. I've never been afraid, you understand. I am often alone when my husband is on deployment and am NEVER afraid. That night, even with her in the same room and in the same bed... I was becoming increasingly afraid. I felt things in the room. It's hard to explain. I tucked the covers up around my chin and peeped out into the darkness and I saw things floating around the room! I swear it was like something from a movie. I thought no this can't be... And I shut my eyes and counted to 10 and opened my eyes but they were still there! They seemed to know that I was noticing them and they started swirling around towards me and spiraling and twisting and some were fast and some were just hovering but the room was full of them. I was so completely petrified I could not move. I covered my head with the blanket and lay completely covered up and not moving at all the entire night.

In the light of day I didn't mention it. I just wanted out of there. Surely if my friend had experienced this kind of thing she would have told me or warned me or mentioned something. She never said anything about it as we got dressed to go into town. I was exhausted from not having slept and I didn't say much.

Our husbands came back from deployment and we didn't talk for a few weeks. Finally she called me and she said they were in town and would like to come by. I invited them for dinner and after dinner we were sitting around the living room and she told me they had moved into a new place. I said, "Why did you move?"

She said there were ghosts in their apartment or some kind of spirits. I said, "Why do you say that?" My heart started pounding. She said because 3-4 times a week the clock chimes at 3 a.m. They had an old German chiming clock with pendulum. She said even when they stop the clock from moving before they go to bed... It still chimes at 3 am but no other time. Then she said... They have seen spirits swirling around their apartment in the night and they've prayed over the house and they've anointed the house with oil and they can't make it go away and now they're moving.

By now I have tears in my eyes. She grabbed my hand, "Shafawn, did you see them?" I said, "Yes, I did but I didn't want to scare you about it and I didn't want you to think I was weird if you never saw them." She said they had seen them but just didn't know what to do about getting rid of them.

She said her landlord told her there was a camp across the street at one time where they held Jewish "prisoners" from surrounding areas before sending them all to concentration camps. I don't know if there were deaths there, but the Nazi Germans burned that camp to the ground before the allies reached it right at the end of the war.

Something is wrong with that area.

Two other times I experienced activity there.

One was I was riding around Stuttgart by bus. I was just being a tourist and seeing the sights. The bus stopped at a particular spot and I saw a disheveled old man with torn and tattered clothes. He was dirty and had no socks and beat up shoes sitting on the side of the road beside the bus stop where my bus was parked. I felt bad for him and as I said earlier, I am a Christian so I just shut my eyes and said a silent prayer for the man. When I opened my eyes I was looking at him and he was staring right back at me... MOCKING my prayer! He was wagging his head back and forth and pretending to have folded hands praying and mumbling German words at me that I didn't understand. There is no way he could have known I was praying. I didn't have folded hands. I only shut my eyes. That was supernatural and I think that man was demonized. I think people can be demonized without being fully possessed.

Another time was also in Germany. It wasn't as spectacular but it was very scary for me. I was again walking down the street of Bremen and being a tourist. Way way off down the street and from somewhere up high I felt a sneer. It was pure evil sneering at me and hating my being there in it's city. It was a terrible spiritual darkness down that street. I prayed and tried to be very brave in the faith but I never would walk down that street while I was there. There is no point in purposely trying to start a fight... I can't see those things. Anyway I didn't need anything from that street. That spirit was responsible for terrible things on that street. It may be tied to it now until judgement but it's very territorial and believes that street belongs to it. It hates Christians because it hates God. That's what I got from it and it was very strong. That was one of those instances that you would need more than one Christian and you would need to fast to get rid of it. I just stayed out of that area. There is wisdom in picking your fights.

Those were my supernatural experiences in Germany. I think Germany is full of activity. There is so much sadness, bigotry, pride, fear, murder, torture... Every possible form of the lowest of animal impulses indulged and exploited. It was a demon's paradise and pure death machine. I'm sure there is and will always be constant activity in Germany. The blood cries out from the ground and from the ashes in the trees. Echoes of millions of voices upon the winds of time but God calls them all by name and there will be a reckoning on their behalf one day.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shafawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Shafawn, as far as the first incident of spirits in the house of your friend, I feel that it is a straight forward paranormal experience and thank God, you have not been hurt by those spirits. With regard to the second and third incidents, I am not so sure. I am not trying to offend you and we cannot demonise a particular country as such. But I confine myself only to the first incident, which is truly of paranormal character. The reason given for such haunting in the house is also acceptable. I do not want to jump to conclusions on the other two and take it as your observations.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
I have to hope one day it will be different; that it will be better, It makes no sense at all to me why things are this absurdly illogically fouled up. Sometimes, the theme music from that show The Twilight Zone comes to mind, the craziest thing is everyone seems to except it as just the way things are. I can not. I have to live here, pass it on to my children. And, I can't help but see it better, see the potential in this world, and wish so much to change it. Make it make sense. I want to shake everybody wake them up to this insanity, address them personally in a letter. What can I do? We've inherited and are passing on unaltered without even hope of resolution to our children, a world of despicable habits. They're forced instead to learn how to continue the debauchery. I'm worried for them, the corruption is glaringly obvious now. Fearless. Unthreatened. Blindness is a cozy blanket, and ignorance, a blissfullness. You're right though this isn't the place, but wherever I go I seem to take me along. Its an unfortuanate condition.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
[at] Sonri

You say...

"I'm just so weary of it all. Nothing is as it should be."

And I have to agree with that. This has, and always will be, the description of life and human nature in general. But it's also my belief that we're here to learn, and learning without conflict is ineffective. Like it or not, we still live under the laws of nature. Fear as nothing to be ashamed of; the human race would not be here if we did not fear, it is needed for survival. And it means you're still up and kickin'.

I can't make you change your opinion, but I can understand where you come from. I can set my head in situations like that, in any place, and come away from it with a deep fear and anxiety. The best we can do is deal with it. Suck in a breath, think 'toughen up,' and bear it. That's what I do, anyway... Sorry if I went off topic there.

Anyway, this MAY have gotten off topic; this person came to us with a story, and here we are discussing... Random things! Perhaps we should focus back on the ghostie aspect!
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Its different for me here though. I can still fill the sadness, the disgust, the horror at what was done to the tribes here. But those who died here are my dead, my blood is in this ground. Part of my blood has been here before all of the destruction. My ancestors could have swam in the very spots, my children and I now enjoy. Their blood survives in me and has been here before the ships sailed the Atlantic, long before everything was raped, murdered and brought to ruin, infected by this now worldwide disease, we are all now inflicted by, with.
Reading my comment now, I wish I had worded it differently. Wish I had simply explained. I fear the effect being anywhere near a death camp would have on me. I think it would all be too much, I would fear for my sanity. I might go mad, crumple up into a heap too overwhelmed to weep. I don't wish to know.
I'm just so weary of it all. Nothing is as it should be.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Sonri,
Parts of the U.S. Have seen the extermination of Native Americans. Could be the very town you now call home, as not all cases have been documented. The ones we know of, are brutal to the full extent. Japan, China... You would be hard pressed to find a peoples who's land is not haunted with a past of similiar violence.
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Germany isn't a sad country, but europe in generel have a lot of history, and some of it is really dark and creepy.
Kz-camps are just a part of this history.
Go visit battlegrounds all over europe and you will surely get som bad vibes there as well.
They have just found a mideval mass grave of 200 beheaded soldiers in my country;-)
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Whilst I completely agree with Moravian and Krayodrache I also understand what you are saying shafawn... I think maybe Germany is a sad country. These atrocities only happened 70 years ago so I think that the emotions of all involved (of course German civilians as well) are still raw and definitely could invite all manner of negative energies to draw upon these feelings... My partner went to Auchwitz with a Jewish friend whilst working in Germany and said the atmosphere is alarming and that no birds ever fly across it. However he also said Germany is beautiful, full of arts and culture... We shouldn't right off going to visit the place we should go (if we can) and respect the country it is today and bring love and positive energy with us ❤
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
I don't know what to say, Shafawn. I can never go to Germany. All of my life, for as long as I can remember, I have known this. Reading what you wrote gave me goosebumps. I have always-ALWAYS- known I could NEVER NEVER NEVER go to Germany! I put exclamation but what I mean is period. I simply can not. I wish that was not so. No good is it, to wish, I can never go, and never will- as much as I loath to say never. From as far back as I can remember, I have felt this way. I am sorry. I know well that Germans have wished for so long to change this image of their country, so do I. But this can not be done. Can simply not be done. 'Concentration camps existed elsewhere as well'. I know. But Germany. Germany. I am glad you wrote this. Despite whatever criticism you or I might receive, it had to be said somewhere and this is the place to have said it. It is difficult to express, or attempt to explain. Its a 'beautiful' country, they have excellent ice-cream, mountains, I've had a rather decent friend from there; but. But- never. No one taught me this, instilled this into my head- I am Mississippian- foolishly stereotypically charactarized as backwood racist. Not so. I was never so, and never knew of that evil tendency, perhaps like so many Germans then and now, but there is such an innate repulsion in me that has always been; it in fact, has led me, along with other things to wonder so about such a thing as reincarnation. Perhaps, however, there would not be any sadness for me if I could somehow exist in a spot where not for this screaming, this echoing, no, not an echo, this tide, a constant rip which occurs when innocent blood, and life, flows out to meet the ground. Is there a spot? If so, I want to live in that dot in lat. And longitude, forever stay and never move.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
I'm afraid I will have to agree with Moravian. Anywhere there is history and human interaction, there will be everything from inhumane cruelty to heroism. Demons' paradise, if they do exist how we perceive them, is either back at their 'home' or the entirety of the universe as their playground to troll us. Just because one man caused a world war that caused outrage throughout the population does not specify one country to be a demon's paradise.

The president of the United States at that time personally went to bring German civilians to the concentration camps to show what had been done; and the civilians were in tears, realizing what had been done. Proof enough that adding a blanket statement to a country purely because of their military forces is flawed. Germany was host to a multitude of very intelligent people; Artists, scientists. In due respect, I would request you avoid making statements like that against Germany or any other country; it is offensive to those native there. I was born and raised in the USA, and I still found that offensive.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
The 3 A.M. Topic is very popular. I've heard a lot of theories on it. It's strange how that clock would only chime at 3 A.M. I think that some spirits can use this time to scare more people, because a lot of people give off fear when this time hits on their clock. Evil spirits use fear for energy, so it makes sense why people are getting activity around 3 A.M. I also think that Jesus could have died at 3 P.M., and 3 A.M. Is a mockery of his death. Those are my 2 opinions on this topic.

I thought it was strange for that man to mock your prayer. Something had to be OFF with him. I enjoyed your story, thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😊
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Hello, I like your stories quite a bit but no need to demonize Germany. There is not a continent, people or land on earth that doesn't have a history of bloody human tragedy. America has its own dark history as does africa, middle east, and asia. It's universal.
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Having been at 2 kz-camp as a tourist I can only agree with you.
There is something wromg in these places.
The thing that I remember the most was the complete lack of life, no sounds of birds or anything, just silence on a sunny summer day...
These places are damned indeed.
Night_Vampire (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
Shafawn...
Yeah you are correct peoples can be demonised... I have face 4 years of hell in my life. I was stuck in Black magic and that was done by my own relative I think she was jealous wicked lady. I was almost died 😨 😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: