You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Haunted Cabinet

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Cabinet

 

This is based on my own experience. I'm really not into supernatural things and I don't like ghost stuff that much but I enjoyed hearing stories about them and I'm kind of obsessed on reading Urban Legends. But after this incident I might say that there are things in this world that cannot be explained no matter how we tried to. Well, here it goes.

I bought this new cabinet and I used it for almost four months now. At first it's normal, I don't have a strange feeling about it. But things changed when it suddenly opened by itself.

I'm a very private person and I hate messing up with my things so whenever I go back to my room and find it opened, I hurriedly closed it. I feel weird, I even ask my family if they opened it or maybe they need something, and they said they didn't. I woke up one time and find it opened, so I did the same; I closed it.

Until now it opens still and I'm too tired thinking the reason why. Sometimes I checked my things, but it's fine. Nothing's missing. Before I go to bed I kept staring at it and wondered who might be opening it. Things could've been worse.

Because I can't stand it anymore, I ask the store manager about the cabinet and he got no idea about it. Then suddenly one night while I was laying in my bed, the lights are turned off but I can actually see if there is someone in my room. I heard the doors of my cabinet, it's opening again. This time a black silhouette of a man came outside! I don't know but I'm sure of what I see. A black, tall man and it's staring at me. But I can't see his eyes. I was so scared that I covered myself with blanket and prayed deeply then I fell asleep. The next thing I know, I woke up finding my cabinet opened. I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming.

I want to know if there is someone who can explain to me why is that man living inside my cabinet. I want to know the reason behind it, and thanks for letting me share my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BitterSweetMissy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

BitterSweetMissy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
Guys thank you for the helpful adviced that you said to me. I already burned the cabinet. Cause the paranormal investigator said to me that she felt a bad aura inside the cabinet. She said I need to takecare of it now before it gets worst. She said the cabinet has been cursed by a bad spirit. I was scared, so I planned to burned it. Or at least that's what she asked me to do. To put the spirit away, and we offer a silent prayer afterwards. Hopefully things went back to normal again. -Missy
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Sometimes air trapped in cabinets can cause the doors to open apparently by themselves maybe the spirit was investigating it for you he may have always been with but you have noticed him since you got the cabinet?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
The store manager told you about the bad luck the first time you asked about the cabinet- or did you go back a 2nd time before he disclosed the information. I only ask because you didn't mention it in your initial story above, but mentioned it later in a post below. Did he tell you any of the events that led up to him deciding that piece of furniture was soured?
I have to tell you, if a piece of furniture in my home caused the events you have described- I wouldn't think twice about removing the item. I'd pack it up and ship it to J Zaffis' museum. 😜
JayGamer (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
If what you saw is true then I think the cabinet is like a cursed object or something attached itself to it while it was getting assembled you should dump this cabinet and buy a new one.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
It is really interesting. I read the story and the comments. I feel that if the Store Manager told that it brought some "bad luck", then it might have happened at the time of manufacture, as Rook suggested, or after it was brought to the showroom. Since it is not wood, I would like to make some suggestion. You said that it is still opening. Well, it could be residual haunting attached to the cabinet. Why don't you investigate about the timings etc., and let us know further details.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
BitterSweetMissy,

So...it's not wood... So not a nature spirit... The the store manager who sold it to you said it was bringing bad luck to his shop... But it's a new cabinet so the question is... Why the 'bad luck'?

Something may have happened during the manufacturing of your cabinet... Something perhaps while it was being assembled... And whatever this was 'attached' some negative energy, or perhaps a spirit, to the cabinet that you eventually purchased.

Your prayer may have helped disperse this energy and or the 'spirit' that may have been attached to this item.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
BitterSweetMissy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
It's not a wooden cabinet, actually it's a brand new. I don't know that much about it's background. But the store manager said the cabinet is said to have a bad luck for his business. Well, for the man that I saw, I prayed for him, and thank God I haven't seen him since now.
Bribri97 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
BitterSweetMissy,
I am not saying that this occurrence isn't paranormal, but there are some explanations that could help. On the doors opening, maybe the floor there is just slightly curved and not flat. I would try moving the cabinet somewhere else and see if it happens again. On the shadow man, maybe you just scared yourself so much that you thought you saw something when you really didn't. Or maybe you were dreaming. However, if this all really did happen, I would suggest getting rid of the cabinet and buying a new one. I hope this helped!:) thanks for reading this!
Bri.

😊 😊 😊
scoodrago (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
i don't think it was of some paranormal activities. Maybe the man you saw was your dream and maybe your cabinet's alignment is loose.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
I agree with Rook, there might be some spirit attached to the cabinet.
Is the cabinet made of wood? - Once one of my cousins got ill for no apparent reason and the doctor could not find anything wrong, then she went to a healer and this man told her that the cause of her sickness was the frame of a picture she had bought and it was made of the wood of a tree where a man died violently. As soon as she got rid of the picture her health was good again.

I find your story very interesting, thank you for sharing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
BitterSweetMissy,

Was this a 'used' cabinet? I ask because 'spirits' can attach themselves to an item that they owned in life...it's possible that the cabinet you bought (if used) was very personal to an individual who owned it before you. It's just an Idea. If the cabinet is new... Someone who was around it before it was sold may have kept something in it and even though they took this something out somehow this spirit attached itself to the cabinet.

Another thing to consider... If the cabinet is new then perhaps a 'nature spirit' is attached to the wood used in it's construction... What (if any) folklore is there about 'nature spirits' where you live.

Just a couple of ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
obviousy I couldn't explain to you why or how it happens every night but it is an interesting story.
Have you tried leaving a camera on through the night to see if you can see what's doing it? You might not get anything but you might get lucky and catch it all on film just an idea. Good luck what ever you decide ❤
Night_Vampire (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
The opening of the cabinet door without touching it may have other reasons than putting it in "Paranormal"...
But about the black silhouette you see I think you should get it blessed. I think this will help you... 😕

Night_vampire

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: