You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Get Up Now

Real Ghost Stories

Get Up Now

 

This happened 2 weeks ago. Thought you all could use a chuckle.

I am a mother of two babies, born 11 months apart. My eldest will be 2 in October. My youngest turns 1 next month, already! As you can guess, I am exhausted all the time but I am very happy to be!

For what transpired to make sense, I need to explain the sleeping situation a bit.

It is customary for the children under 3 to sleep in the same room with mom and dad, so that they can be cared for quickly, and sent back to sleep. My son has his own bed, away from our bed a bit. Around 5 am every morning, he wakes up crying. I change his diaper, let him have some water from his sippy cup, and he's ready to go back to sleep, but on my side of the bed. I take our daughter to his bed and lie down with her. This gives me a chance to lie on my left side, since she can lie next to the safety rail, I don't have to box her in between myself and my husband, with me lying on my right side, to prevent her from falling out of bed.

Before everyone goes crazy warning about co-sleeping, please understand I have every precaution in place, plus I'm very in-tune with my children, and the slightest movement, or lack of movement has me wide awake. The slightest whimper, and I'm up and comforting whichever baby made a peep.

Now, onto the experience...

I had switched places with my 22 month old son, and settled down with my daughter in my son's bed. My daughter woke to nurse, and I accommodated her. I fell back to sleep. My son decided to wake up at 5:30 AM rather than the usual 7:30 AM, for the day. He came over to poke his sister and wake her up. She started giggling, and they were talking in their baby talk language. Pretty soon my son comes to the foot of his bed and climbs up by my feet, and begins bouncing (spring mattress) to try to get me up. I groaned, "Baby, mommy's tired. Please climb back in bed with daddy and go to sleep?". I switched onto my right side, placing my daughter near the wall, and having my back against the safety rail. She settled down to nurse and my son had gotten off his bed and stood over by my hubby. He's saying, "Dad? Dad? Daddy?". Needless to say, my hubby slept through that. Suddenly I hear my son say, "Mom?" and the foot of the bed begins bouncing rhythmically. I thought it was my son attempting to get me out of bed, but I hear his voice behind my head, and urgency creeping in, "uh oh, uh oh, mom? Mama? Uh oh." and I said, "Baby, please stop bouncing and lay down in mommy's bed?" and the bouncing increased.

I moved my left foot a slight bit and felt a super warm toddler (or so I thought) body against the top of my foot. My son is reaching through the safety bars, tapping the side of my face, "Mooooooom! Moooooom!", in drawn-out urgency. That was it! I was wide awake! I didn't attempt to look, I just said in a loud, calm voice, "Okay! I'm up! I'm getting up!". The bouncing stopped immediately. I got onto my hands and knees and crawled backwards to get out of the bed at the foot, and reached over the rail to grab my daughter and hold her to my chest, grabbed my son's sippy cup off the dresser and we headed out of the bedroom. As I looked at the clock on the living room wall, the time was 6:02.

While I was making breakfast, I did my normal routine of looking out the back door window at our little garden. Then I had seen it. The heirloom tomato plants had been blown over, and one was uprooted and looking pretty Us'ica (in a bad way/shape;pathetic). I turned off the stove and went outside to fix the tomato plants. My son came outside with me and after all the plants were once again back to normal, he touched a leaf on each plant and made a kissing sound. Once he was satisfied he had kissed all the tomato plants "boo boos", we went back inside and washed our hands together. By this time my hubby was up, asking what happened, and of course, the whereabouts of breakfast. I told him about the tomato plants, what had happened to them when we had a swift, windy rain storm around 5-5:30 AM. I didn't yet tell him about what happened in our bedroom. He said, "Ah! That's why a nature spirit was waking us all up.".

He laughed a hearty laugh when I told him of my experience in bed! He said the nature spirit shook him awake and told him, "Go help your wife!", so he had thought something bad had happened to me, and that's why he got out of bed without the smell of breakfast prompting him to wake up.

For the rest of the day, the top of my left foot had a hot (felt like sunshine was always on that spot) sensation where it had touched our visitor.

Other hauntings by LakotaWinyan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LakotaWinyan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
As long as it's not a problem with confusion, I don't want to change my name. Thank you, Miracles, for the info in case anyone nearly goes mad from confusion and I am forced to change my name, lol.
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Miracles should anyone address us... Can you hear the echo? 😉
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Yes, we are all connected, namesake 😊

Let's see how many more Lakotas and Miracles appear along the way...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Lakota73 - I think you are the only 2 Lakotas, at least that I can recall. I've been known to be wrong, though 😉. As for the plate, in the state of Ohio no one else should be able to use the same plate so I'm safe 😆

LakotaWinyan - if you do want to change your profile name, you can contact the site administrator and explain the situation to him.

I'm not sure if anyone else would get confused, but I'm prone to it anyway, which is why I get my own crown 😆
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Yea, true Lakota! We can mess with people, huh? Lol

Mitakuye Oyasin
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Not sure if you can change it, but isn't it more fun this way? Plenty of laughs along the way...

😆
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
How weird. I had thought I was the only one to use Lakota, which for me is literally tribal reference. If I had known others were using it as well, I would have stuck with my first idea for a username, "NativeDancer", lol. Is there anyway I can change my name?
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
😆 at least the other miracles can't share the same registration plate... Or could he/she?

Now that would be mad!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
OMG, I just realized... My license plate 😆 That's what my plate says "2MIRCLS" 😆
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Miracles,

I bet it really confused the situation for posters!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a third Lakota floating around?

😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
LOL, I understand 😊. For a brief time there were 2 Miracles. Can you imagine? 😆
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Miracles,

I can't stop giggling. That's why I didn't answer because I wasn't sure which Lakota you were referring to.

😆

Lakota73
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Okay, I'm confusing myself here with LakotaWinyan and Lakota73 LOL.
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Lakota,

It actually upsets me when one of my plants don't make it. From now on I'm going to greet my plants before I talk to them.

Lakota73

😊 😊 😊
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Anpetu Was'te, Miracles! (Good day, Miracles!),

I agree! I laugh when people ask me, "What do you use to get such good gardens?" and "I reply, "Love and attention!" and they get that blank look! I advise them to talk to them to yield a great harvest!
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Miracles,

Yep! It just wouldn't be normal for me to not talk to them. They are babies too, and need loads of encouragement and love to grow so well and produce the most wonderful food!

Geetha,
Yes. Oglala, Lakota (Band, Tribe). My husband is a Sisseton-Wahpeton Dakota. Either way, we are lumped together as Sioux. Lakota Winyan literally means Lakota Woman. I know, generic username. Lol.

Lakota73, you're welcome.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Lakota - LOL, this morning while in the garden, I was picking the last of the green beans and thanking them as I pulled the plants. Sometimes I am thankful there is no one in the garden with me at these times 😆, but then other times I think, "What the heck. I am who I am and they all know that 😆." They should be talking to the plants too 😉
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Ishandu,

Yes, when my husband confirmed it was a nature spirit, I knew it was. I was a bit freaked out, even though it was not harmful. Just slightly creeped out, not wanting to look and see something that would make me pee my pants. I just knew it wasn't either of my children, and without looking at that spot of the bed, I managed to get out of bed and take them on out to the living room!
Well, my son was at the back door, wanting to go outside badly and pointing to the doorknob. He's almost 2. Usually he is content to play with his toys or sing and practice on his hand drum. But that particular morning, he was wanting to go outside first thing. He knows we don't go outside to water the plants until after breakfast. I had looked outside and saw the disaster. Then I knew I was being gotten up to save those beautiful plants.
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Hello all!

SDS, It was a Nature Spirit telling me to get up and take care of the plants! When my son is better able to talk, I will ask him of that experience. I believe he maybe heard or knew the intentions of the being, and was trying to help wake me up. My husband is a Holy Man. He is able to communicate with spirits and is the one to go to when you need inner healing or to rid your place of negative energies/spirits.

This entity was not harmful at all, although my eyes did pop open wide! I had realized my son was in his pajamas, not just in a diaper. And what my foot touched was bare skinned! On top of that, my son's hand felt quite cool to the touch, as normal and this person at my feet was extremely warm to the touch!

It was a wake up call for sure, to say the least! Lol
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
LakotaWinyan,

I really enjoyed reading your story. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Lakota, Geetha and Miracles: I also talk to my plants! They're living things, so why not? 😆

Lakota73
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
geetha - Jerrica just shakes her head and asks me why I'm talking to the plants. I seem to spend the most time talk to the tomatoes (not that I have favorites or anything 😉). I tell her I just give her more reasons to have me committed 😆. Maybe your mom and I will end up in the same loonie bin LOL
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Miracles,
You sound like my mother. She would talk to her plants while attending to them as if they were her children. My siblings and I would tell her that one of these days we are going to have to put her in the loonie bin! 😆

Isandhu,

I understand where you are coming from. I'm not a morning person and if I'm awaken any earlier than I have to, then I would be really grumpy (enough to put the Grumpy dwarf from Snow White to shame! 😆)

LakotaWinyan,

Loved you story. It's amazing how the other worldly things can help us in a time of need, even to the point of waking your husband to help you.

Your name is of an aboriginal; am I correct? What group are you with? I hope you don't take offence. I always found your way of life (your believe system) really fantasying.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Lakota - I very much enjoyed your story 😊 I love being in the garden. I talk to the plants, trying to give them as much encouragement as I can, especially those who seem to be struggling.

Thank you for sharing your story with us 😊
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
So you believe this was a nature spirit waking you so you could attend to your tomato plants? I'd be very interested to know what your son saw that prompted him to call out to you with urgency, but I suppose he's a bit too young to tell you much. What, if anything, did he say about the events of the morning? Also, did your husband tell you why he concluded this was a nature spirit? P.S. To any nature spirits out there, I'd rather not be woken at 6:02 a.m. I'm not a morning person and I'm sure the tomato plants could have waited another hour.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Hi Lakota, that was a totally different experience altogether and I am trying to figure out what it could be. Sure, I feel it is paranormal. Fortunately, nothing untoward happened. Because you sleep in the same room with your children, who don't you use rook's method of cleansing. It is available elsewhere in this site. I am not scaring you but I want you to be safe because of the children. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: