You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Invaded My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Something Invaded My Home

 

For as long as I can remember I have been experiencing things that I just can't explain. For example: Hearing footsteps and seeing weird black little shadowlike figures running across the backyard and something or someone keeps moving my stuff. Sometimes I wake up in the morning only to discover that someone or something has scattered my clothes all across the room.

Over the years as I grew older, I got used to it. Nowadays I don't pay much attention to it anymore and I just accept it as a part of my life. I just wish that "thing" or whatever it is, stops messing around with my stuff because I am getting tired of looking for my keys and cell phone every morning.

But yesterday something happened that really creeped me out. Just thinking about it gives me goose bumps again.

I just got back from a long and hard day at work, and as usual I was home alone again. My little sister still at school and my parents still at work. It was just me and my two dogs. Usually when someone gets home from work they go nuts and they run around like crazy. But this time it was different. They just sat there on the other side of the backyard. I opened the door and I told them to come inside because it was pretty cold. But they refused to come inside. All they did was bark a couple of times and walk back and forth across the backyard. Eventually I managed to lure them inside the house with some dog biscuits. There was something strange in the air all day already and I had a huge headache. I decided that a hot and relaxing shower would make me feel better so I made my way up the stairs and into the bathroom. Just as I entered the bathroom, I heard the door open and close downstairs and someone walking into the hallway. I figured it was my mom or my dad coming home early. I couldn't find any clean towels so I yelled "Hey, do we have any clean towels left?" down the stairs to whoever just came home. For a little while nothing happened and I thought that whoever was down there, didn't hear me. Just as I was about to ask a second time, I heard my mom yelling from down the stairs. "Yes dear. Just go into the laundry room. There should be some clean towels in there."

I checked the laundry room, Found some clean towels locked myself into the bathroom and got into the shower. After about 10 minutes I heard my dogs go wild downstairs. They kept barking and growling as if a stranger was trying to get into the house. They kept barking for about 2 minutes and then all of a sudden they stopped and I heard someone coming up the stairs. I figured it was just my mom because she just got home from work. I was about to wash my hair when I heard knocking on the bathroom door. I turned around and looked towards the door and I saw someone moving the doorknob as if someone or something was trying to get in. The knocking continued for a few seconds and then it stopped.

5 minutes later I got out of the shower and as I was drying myself off, I thought I heard someone giggling. You know, the little girl kind of giggle. I listened to it for a couple of seconds and all of a sudden the doorknob started moving again. And again after a few seconds it stopped. More curious than scared I carefully unlocked the door and opened the door. I peeped around the corner and I saw my mom coming out of her room. I asked her if she too heard little girl like giggling. She didn't seem to notice me and just walked down the hallway and into our guestroom.

I walked towards the guestroom and when I entered the room nobody was there. It was completely empty. I was more stupefied than scared. Next thing I heard was the phone ringing downstairs. I decided to leave it for what it is and walked downstairs to pick up the phone. I answered the phone and that's when it hit me... On the other side of the line... Was my mom. She told me she and dad still had some work to do and they would come home late and that I should cook dinner for me and my sis. I immediately hung up and got the hell out of there. I stayed at my friends house and I called my sis to tell her she should go to our grandparents house for dinner. I didn't return back home until late in the evening.

I don't know what the hell happened upstairs but I do know that I saw my mom and that I wasn't dreaming or hallucinating. She looked EXACTLY like my mom. What freaked me out the most is that "IT" talked to me in my mother's voice. If anyone has experienced something similar and knows more about this... Thing, please let me know. Was it a doppelganger?

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SilvershadeLynx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-01)
SilvershadeLynx, ghost_seeker;

You have both asked if things may have (or can) follow you home from something as simple as picking up rocks and the answer is Yes.

If 'residual haunting's' are 'events...highly repeated or emotional events' recorded in a certain location and you happen to 'bring' a piece of that recording home... Then that 'recording' begins to 'playback' in your home...I'm not saying that this always happens, but it's a thought.

Another 'theory' is that perhaps a 'non-human' entity is connected with a particular rock or mineral and because of this connection has found it's way into a home... And doesn't know what to do in unfamiliar surroundings. An example of this is the 'lava rocks' brought home... And then returned to Hawaii... Mt Pele in particular. 'Bad' things seem to happen to many of those individuals who bring 'rocks' home and continue until the rocks are returned.

These 'rock/minerals' can be 'cleansed'...

Http://www.askroseariadne.com/how-do-i-cleanse-a-crystal.html

Http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/ritual-tools.html

Http://www.wiccan-world.com/reference_a_c/crystals/crystals_cleansing.html

If the items you brought home are not crystal it does not mean a simple cleansing will not work on them.

Respectfully,

Rook
SilvershadeLynx (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-30)
Sorry for the late reply you guys. Been a bit uhm... Busy. But anyways/ I like to go into those woods because it's quiet in there. There aren't any people. Even people who walk their dogs don't go as far into the forest as me. And I like to have some time for myself. I did however take a few rocks from an old house that was destroyed about 50 years ago. I collect rocks. Minerals and gems. Is it possible that by taking those rocks, something followed me home?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
Oh boy, this is a creepy one. It does seem to be leaning toward the intelligent rather than the residual, as far as categories are concerned. And the idea of a poltergeist does fit the previous activity. But to have it speak to you and answer the question you asked with not only your mothers voice, but it had given you the correct and current information. Not a guess, nothing vague, an actual answer. That gave me the creepy crawly goose bumps when I read it. The little girl giggling and turning the door knob is just too freaky. On the one hand I would hope it is a case of multiple spirits because the thought of it being just one, and that one spirit is changing it's voice and image to be that of your mother and of a little girl as well is just eerie.
I have no idea what to do here and I will wait for your answers to rooks questions just like everyone else.

Jav
ghost_seeker (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
That is an interesting story! Thanks for sharing!

Rook: That is an interesting thought... Why would anything of the "sort" from the forest be a possible cause for a haunting? I'm wondering because I have brought rocks from rivers back to my home...
Indigo (263 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
High emf readings...? Maybe? If rooks idea doesn't pan out, something to consider.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
SilvershadeLynx,

I have to ask this because of what you have just stated...

What have you been doing in the forest?

Have you been bringing plants/rocks/tree branches... Anything of the 'sort' from the woods?

Why are you so sure that it's something from the forest?

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
Interesting accounts, you mentioned the fact you live near a forest that has had a lot of mining activity etc. Is it possible you have brought home anything material even plant like from this forest?

Something taking on the appearance of your mother does sound like a Doppelganger, a few of us on this site also believe in something like a living residual energy as well, basically your mothers energy is stained into the environment of the house and it repeats some of her familiar movements and actions.
This may be why you witnessed her and she didn't seem to notice you, Just a theory and something to consider.
It doesn't explain her answering your questions about the towels though, so I am leaning more towards possible poltergeist/doppelganger activity. Look forward to hearing from you, thanks for sharing.

Dan
SilvershadeLynx (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
oh and one more thing lol. I am pretty sure that whatever it is, it followed me home from the forest.
SilvershadeLynx (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
Okay. To clear some things up, here is a little more background information.

The first 8 years of my life I lived in a house that according to my parents was haunted. I had nightmares. Stuff moved. Paintings would fall from the walls. And after we had to put both our dog and cat down because they went beserk, and got sick, we decided to move. After we moved nothing special happened for a few years.

When I turned 12 I started to see those little shadowy creatures at random times. And like 2 years ago something or someone started moving my stuff around.

[at] rookdygin. Yes since about 3 or 4 weeks ago those footsteps came back. Almost every night it seems like someone is walking around up in the attic. I can hear em every night but my mom and dad don't seem to hear anything. And to answer your other question: no. Nothing new was brought into our house. No furniture. No mirrors, nothing.

I don't know if it is a poltergeist. It does sound like one tho. Another interesting thing you might want to know is that there is a huge forest just a few meters from our house and I spend a lot of time out there. There are a lot of old mines and ruins in that forest. My town has a heavy mining industry history.
JulianLewis95 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
Awh wow, freaky story!

Thanks for sharing dude.

I wish I could help you try and figure out what the hell that was. I've never experienced anything on that level, and I've never heard of something like that happen.

I wish you all the best and hope things calm down soon. Perhaps you should get an expert in?

- Julian
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
Something else I should have asked is... Were any items... Pictures mirrors... Dresser drawers... Furniture of any type brought into the house just before your latest experience.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
I think Rooks right. I suspect you'll need to go back a little further and look at something out of the ordinary yet still seemingly mundane to find out what's going on here.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
SilvershadeLynx,

A lot of the things you have described sound as if they may have been caused by a Poltergeist... The 'height' of the activity would have been during your teen years...Yes?...Just a guess on my part but one that fits the details you have provided.

As far as your latest experience goes, well that's another thing all together.

I'll start by asking this question (or two)... Have you (in particular) or anyone in your family heard a knocking at a window or door and opened it to see who/what may have caused the sound?

Has anything else happened or can you provide more details concerning this experience?

I ask because... Well call it a 'hunch' based on what I'm feeling reading your experience...

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: