You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Heal

Real Ghost Stories

I Heal

 

This story happened a while ago... Maybe 5 to 7 months ago, I forget exactly when. It was right before I started to have some real issues here at home, problems that have recently begun to fix themselves. It's a fairly short story, but it really stuck out to me, simply because of how unusual it was.

Now, my house is not exactly prime estate for paranormal activity. It's just a normal house, on a single road that has an apartment complex and several other houses along its length. The only unusual thing about it is that we have a huge backyard, in comparison to what should be considered the norm. Whenever I catch strange flashes of light, I always blame it to the electricity in the area, because of the power lines by the road and the fact that we have an actual electrical station just down the road.

It's common practice for me, and it has always been my habit, to pray every single night before bed. I always ask for the same thing... For my family to be safe and healthy, and to have good dreams for that night, and to thank for the day I have experienced. It's a nightly ritual of mine, and I cannot sleep and don't feel right if I don't do it. But, sometimes, I go on a monologue while praying. Sometimes I'll pray to a particular person, just to "tell" them a few things, ask for advice, or just to reflect on them.

This one night, I was praying to my grandmother. She had passed on a few years before. She was a very strong woman... Very honorable. Religious, but not blatantly open about it. She had the cross on her walls, and visited church, but never tried to press it on anyone. At one point, I remember, she was telling me how she went to get baptized; repeatedly visiting the church, and getting sick each time, and finally bearing through it in order to get it done. On the way back, she claimed to have heard trumpets, when her husband did not. So I find it safe to say she was a spiritual woman.

I asked her, that night, how she was doing, and what she was doing. I did not expect an answer... It was sporadic, and I wanted to "talk" to someone. It was a cool night, no wind. There are two windows in my room... But the street lights never reach close to the center of this wall above my computer.

But, when I opened up my eyes, after saying asking to hear about what my grandmother had been doing, and saying "amen," I saw something that startled me. Written on the wall, in what looked like nothing but shadow and light, were the words:

"I HEAR"

I blinked. I closed my eyes, shook my head, blinked again. I checked the window... And the street lights were not reaching that computer wall. My computer was shut off, and so was my boyfriend's. I had recognized the letters instantly, but when I focused on them more, they seemed to be changing. The letters changed so subtly that I didn't even notice it had changed, until I squinted closer. And suddenly, it looked a lot more like:

"I HEAL"

Those letters stayed on my wall throughout the rest of the night. Every night after praying, since, I have looked up at the wall. Never seen anything like it before, nor have I seen any light upon the wall unless pointedly shined there. It was such the strangest thing... But I have remained convinced to this day, that my grandmother heard me, and decided to answer in an unobtrusive way.

Other hauntings by Kryodrache

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kryodrache, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-01)
Wow, such a sweet experience! Thank you for sharing!

Mitakuye Oyasin,
LW
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
That was a really sweet message from your grandmother, I'm glad you now have even more happy memories of her.
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
It's nice to get a message that's just for you. It must have been her way of telling you, she knows you pray for her and your prayers help. Thanks for the story.
priky77 (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
Wow...really great your grandmom was
And you should feel lucky about yourself to get an answer from her
Very sweet and touching story 😊
God bless 😊 ❤
demonkitty101 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
This is a sweet - and interesting - story. Thanks for sharing it:)

-demonkitty

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: