You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunted House

 

We live in my house for about 15 years and we had things happen to us. I was taking a bath with the bathroom door opened and I looked in the hall way and I saw a dark shadow. At night my TV changes channels and turns on be itself! I have things move in the house. One day my friend saw a boy walk in my house, she came over to see who it was and she saw a picture hanging on my wall. She said it was him and we asked "what about him", she says he walked in our doorway! We told her that he died a long time ago.

I was sitting downstairs and I had my hairbrush on the coffee table and it fell down on the floor! I decided to leave it on the floor. I would not stay downstairs by myself because I feel there is something watching me. The other day I was cleaning my room, and in the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow of a lady. When I looked back again it was gone. I had so many people say they would not stay in my house! I have 3 birds and at night they go crazy like they see things. I keep hearing people talking and yelling my name. One day I was setting downstairs and I saw a kind of smoke, it went to the stairs and it was gone! Before my brother moved out, he says he was laying on the bed and he saw an old fashioned dressed boy shadow looking at him.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Levanya (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
[at] ghostlvr
I can answer that question for you (:
I'm 14, I have the bathroom door opened as I am afraid of the paranormal and I only have close family members like siblings, parents and grandparents at home which won't peep at me =\
VendettaVal3 (11 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
i have a question. Did you ever find out what it was? Or saw anything else? Don't be afraid... I go through this daily. 'tis not so bad when you get used to it.

-Val
coolcat12 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
That is very scary. Things like that happen to me a lot, too. You don't have to be scared, though because many ghost can't hurt you and it doesn't seem like these ghost are going to hurt you. 😁
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
That is weird. But I have a qustion. Hiw old where you when you took the bath with the door open, and why did you have it open? Sorry I just wanted to know. You don't have to answer me if you don't want to. I was just curious. Anyway I think that what your friend saw was weird. I think that a family died in that house and neaver wanted to leave the house. I have another qustion. How many people/ghosts did you see? If you saw one over and over agen that probably it was the sameone you kept seeing.



~~Amy~~
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
i relaize this is a long time since your posting, but I found your story compelling.

When you say your friend motioned to the picture of the boy on the wall and you infored her that he died a long time ago, who was the boy? Was it a realiztive.

have there been occurances since this posting?

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Hey hotbabe, that's quite a story! I see you submitted this in January, since so many months have gone by, I was wondering what else has happened to you in this time. You had a lot of activity going on, is it still? The ghost/s you wrote about sound harmless enough, but I can see why you are scared. Have these things been happening all along or did they just start up all of a sudden? You could try asking them to leave and tell them they need to pass on, it sounds like a simple solution but sometimes that's all it takes. Let them know they don't belong with you and your family.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
I also feel like I'm getting watched as well. I know when a ghost is near me because it goes all cold and something is breathing on me. I also get that feeling of being watched. You should read my stories on psychic experience website I'm called Katie on there. I have 9 stories on that website.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Thanks for sharing your story. I though it was interesting. In my house I saw a teenage boy ghost standing in the bath. In my bedroom someone picked up my brush and let go. When I go to sleep something is breathing on me. Something ran into me last month I think it was the same ghost I saw in the bathroom. Last week I heard a voice of a little girl she was playing and she dropped something which made a massive bang. She sounds so cute. 😊
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-02)
Ooooh.They're teasing you like they do to me!Lol.I would stay there for about 5 years I guess and investigate.
simxinxian (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-05)
U are brave, if it is me I would have left the place. 15 year of haunted house, who can ever stand it. U sure is brave .^^
belinda (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
wow that would scare me so much but my only advice is not to demolish the house because that would anger them and they would become more aggressive and if possible they could start hurting you so be careful!
tammy (guest)
-3
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
as for my self I don't believe in ghosts I belieave when we die we go to heaven or hell that's are choice to make I believe in god only
Mary (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-10)
That's creepy. It's kind of like my house. I was cleaning my room one day and I saw a little girl in a white laced dress playing with a wooden toy car. This girl didn't have a face. I ran for my life! I slept in my mom's room for about a month. I was attached to my older sister for a week. I still have nightmares. But, the story doesn't end there. Once I finally decided to go up to my room, ( after my mom told me there was no such thing as ghost and that it was all my imagination) Some weird stuff happened. That night me and my little sister were taking pictures of eachother and drawing on them. In the background of all of those pictures was that little girl in the white dress. I'm still freaking out over it.
Paulina (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-04)
OOOOOhhh! Creepily amazingly scary. You must believe in those ghost chaps.
nicole (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
wow thats really scary! how could you live in a house that has a spirt living in it. that would scare the heck out of me!!!!!!!!!!
Jess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-06)
That sounds like my dad's house. His T.V. goes on and off and changes channels by itself. Things move around on his desk, and in his basement. I am convinced there is a spirit in his house, but he just blows it off.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-21)
Hey Beverly, your house is definitely haunted. I think that you should do some research on it and see what comes up. Well, I posted a new story and it's called Hauting at Reed Candle Factory and maybe you'd like to read it and comment it.
:-)
I'm a ghost, not a (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-14)
Hey, ©Œnter¢o®€ here.

That's interesting. I had a similar experience when I was younger. I'd see a shadow in the guest room of my house and it would slowly move away. I think I know how you feel. Creepy......
amber (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-13)
the house is sure haunted you are brave to stay there I couldent do you still live here I hope not

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: