You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man With The Binocular

Real Ghost Stories

The Man With The Binocular

 

My house is pretty old and was built during the war, but as far as I know no one has died in the house. When I was about 9 or 10, one morning I suddenly woke up dead on 6am. I looked over towards my door and saw a tall dark figure stood there, it wasn't a clear image. I couldn't see any facial features or any other details, I just know something was there. This happened two more times, at the same time & in the same spot, near my door.

A few months later, I had a sleepover at my house with some of my friends. In the morning one of my friends said they had seen a tall dark figure near my door at roughly 6am. I couldn't believe it, I hadn't told anyone what I had seen and my friend just described exactly the same thing! At least I know I wasn't going crazy!

Months after that, the water tank in my attic had leaked into my bedroom near my door, the brown patches where the water had marked my ceiling had made a clear outline of what looked like a man wearing a hard hat and looking through binoculars. My mum noticed this.

One night after months of not seeing anything, I woke again early hours of the morning & felt something or someone touch me on the shoulder. I was so scared I did not move.

At 13 I moved bedrooms and went into the attic. For years I felt a lot more comfortable in this room, until when I was about 15/16 I started hearing voices, it sounds really silly even saying this, I must sound mental! But late at night I would start to hear muffled voices, I didn't know where they were coming from and I could never understand what was being said. One particular night I remember I was laid in bed listening to the voices when all of sudden they were very loud, as if someone had quickly turned the volume up, it made me jump but they abruptly stopped. I haven't really heard any voices since.

My brother had been staying in my old room, and never believed my stories I told him but his girlfriend had said she would hear weird noises in the night and felt uncomfortable in the room.

June 2012 I moved back down to my old room as my brother moved out. I was a bit nervous about this but I needed the space. Everything was fine for a few months until one night at 3am my tv turned itself on, my tv is next to my door, the remote was next to my tv so I couldn't have accidentally turned it on. Three times this has happened, all at 3am my tv just starts going all weird!

During summer last year, we had a lot of building work done downstairs, since then my dog will not sleep downstairs, she will cry and scratch at the doors. She will not walk in certain areas of the house and will tiptoe across the floor, we cannot explain it!? My dog has now started scratching at my door at night, and when I let her in my room she is trembling and panting! She just will not settle, I don't know what to do about this.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LilyGalton, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Granny that would be correct. I was being facetious, as Rook pointed out people beleieve just because a movie was based on an actual event that everything involved in the movie must be 100% accurate.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
mammachong: I think newhunter's comment was made "tongue in cheek" 😊...Just like everything you read on the internet HAS to be true because you read it on the internet...Bonjour! 😆
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
NewHunter30,
I would have to agree more with Rookdgyn on the three am thing, and Hollywood does make things up. A lot of times at the beginning of movies or tv shows, the producers publish the comment, that it is dramatized along with the facts. If they didn't how interested would you be in that show or movie? The Exersist is based on true events. It really happened and does happen. But can some one really twist their head the way she does and live? It also really happened to a boy and not a girl, so rumors have it. That is just one movie I could point out. I have had my share paranormal things that go bump in the night but also during the day.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
TV's do have timers and neighbors have remote controls... Unless your tv is so old it has neither. 😉

You may also want to check for high levels of Electromagnetic Energy... This could cause your dog to act oddly AND may even make you feel uneasy at times. These are some natural causes that may play a part in your Haunting and have to be ruled out before the Paranormal can be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mamblings (3 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Sorry guys, I should really do my research before crying "demon." I know better now. I just know if it was my tv turning on in the middle of the night (no matter what time) I'd be freaking out. Lol. I guess Hollywood movies may have brainwashed me a bit. Thanks for setting me straight!
Narella (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Does your t.v. Have a timer? Perhaps the timer was accidentally turned on.
LilyGalton (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Hi, thanks for all the comments! Its nice to be able to share my experiences!

My tv turnt itself on again a few days ago, I think it was about 6-7am, I didn't look at the time as I didn't really want to as it worries me! A few of you have said 3am is the witching hour, this scares me but I do not feel its a demon. I feel slightly uncomfortable but not threatened in any way.

I don't have a lot of history on my house, I know it was built during world war 2, I live in southampton and my area was heavly bombed. The land where my house is built used to be fields, my house has only been owned by one old couple in the past and as far as I know neither died in the house.

I am just more concerned at my dogs odd behaviour.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
newhunter30,

Really! REALLY? That's the rule in Hollywood when it comes to movies? LMAO. 😜

I understand and respect the opinions of YGS members who believe in God and part of that belief is that our 'souls' do not linger here on earth and because of that any... ANY spirit activity is therefore Demonic in Nature... I RESPECT their point of view, but it is not one I believe... And I enjoy a good debate on that topic.

If a debate on this is to break out can we please post it here

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5020

That is one of my experiences and by having our debate there we will allow the O/P to get the advice, aid and/or feedback they deserve here on their experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Rook I would agree that this is NOT a demonic entity, I do not know why a t.v. Turning on defines this as demonic. Spirits, from what I have heard and researched, can manipulate electronics so ANY entity could do this and I do not see anything I would define as menacing or anything to point towards a demon.

Rook have you not heard that when a movie is BASED on actual events that they are not allowed to vary from those events at all. Thus it MUST be true that 3am is the witching hour if it comes from Hollywood lol.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
As a former WITCH I once again ask for PROOF that 0300 (3am) is the Witching Hour. I also request with this PROOF that the individual (s) providing said information list a detailed history of when this began, which part of the world it began in and if they could be so kind please explain to me, an individual who was a Solo Practitioner for 12-12.5 years why I never heard of this prior to Some Late 1970's Early 1980's Hollywood Horror Movies... The Exorcist... Amityville Horror to mention just two...

If this/these events were paranormal at all they were not... I repeat NOT DEMONIC in nature... Not even remotely.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mamblings (3 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
I have to agree with RAWR that there may be a small chance of a demonic haunting here. Any land where there were violent deaths (like war) can be a breeding ground for all types of entities. I believe the shadow that appears around 6 am and the muffled voices could very well just be a residual energy of people that died during the war. I honestly didn't think anything demonic was happening until you mentioned the tv turning on at exactly 3 am. This time is considered the "witching hour" and it is a time when demons are supposedly strongest. It doesn't sound too threatening, but maybe you should research possible solutions, especially if it is affecting your dog. Good luck!
RAWR (2 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
im going to have to say demon. The qualitys are all demon exept for the war fact, but by any chance, the house wasn't built on war grounds.
RollingStonesGhost (19 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-02)
This spirit could be the ghost of a Fire Warden or Special Police Person sent out during the war as they were to watch out for fires and bombs dropped by the German's. Many Fire Warden's and Special Police Officers were sadly killed in bomb's, fire's and rescuing London citizens from their damaged homes. These people were hero's. This person may still think he's supposed to be out on his watch like he did in this part of his life.

I don't think he is harmful. I think he's just protective and still keeping watch. Only now he's protecting you and your home. And your dogs sence him around.

Jesse.
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
The ghost at your door is probably a residual haunting and the work down stairs has more then likely up set the other ghost and dogs are very sensitive to the paranormal (I know this because my dog reacts the same way). It might be a good idea to keep a journal on your experiences and maybe when your dog starts to go weird try taking some photo's around the room and see if you can pick something up, (the bit with the photo's is just an idea as I'm trying it out when my dog gets upset)
Keep safe and take care.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
It's might be the WWII Soldier before the house build or something. But like Argette and SDS Sugguested to check out.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
LilyGalton, I feel that the man whom you and your friend saw at 6.00 a.m., is a residual haunting. The markings in the ceiling like a man with the binoculars, well, I do not think that has got anything to do with paranormal. It could be just a coincident like you see different shapes of clouds in the sky. As far as the touching and hearing of sounds in the room, it could be paranormal encounters. I feel there is more than one spirit or entity in your room. One is residual, I think about the figure you see at 6.00 a.m., and the other could be the entity that would be making sounds and that touched you. Please try to investigate the matter like enquiring the past owners or tenants as Argette suggested.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
Your story makes me think of a man on watch during WWII, perhaps scanning the skies for enemy planes. The hard hat and binoculars, and the figure at the door seem to suggest that.

Those would have been intense times. Perhaps some lingering emotions? Fear, distrust, sadness, loneliness... Your story really fired my imagination!

Are you able to do some research into past owners or tenants? Please keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: