You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

The Corner

 

Even though my house is only 15 years old, built on farmland, and we are the only family to have ever lived here, I still know that there's something not quite right. I've had tons of experiences here, from doors opening and rattling to footsteps of someone walking around my room at night. One time I jolted awake to see a little girl next to my bed. However, there is one story in particular that I find particularly interesting and creepy.

I've always been a very vivid dreamer. I also can lucid dream naturally, and was blessed with the ability to wake myself up out of a sleep. However, my "gifts" involving dreaming can be kind of scary at times. I have many deceased relatives, more than the average 16 year old I would say. What has happened on countless occasions is I'll have my deceased relatives come to me in a dream. Then, at one point, I'll sit up in bed, and talk to them as if they're in the room. However, I always direct what I'm saying to a certain corner in my room, straight across from the end of my bed. I'm not completely awake as I talk to them; almost like a sleepwalking scenario, but I always remember what happened the next morning. It's hard for me to say if they actually respond, but I have the intense feeling of them being there and picturing them in that corner, every time, without fail.

This is where the circle starts to connect. In that corner of my room, there's a dresser that I used to have a pink flower lamp on. When I was younger, I would sleep with it on like a night light since I've always hated the dark. When I was about 13, the lamp stopped working, and we threw it out. I took that as a sign that I was probably too old to be sleeping with a nightlight anyways, so I never got another lamp.

This past summer, I was asleep in my bed, having no kind of dream that was distinct enough for me to remember. However, randomly, I woke up in the middle of the night, and saw a bright light coming from the corner. I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "Crap, I left the lamp on all night," but falling back to a sound sleep soon after. Upon waking up the next morning, I realized what had happened. That lamp hadn't been there for years, but I knew that I had seen a light. Coming from that same corner.

In the future, I plan on elaborating on some of my other experiences here. I just feel like this one is really interesting so I decided to share it first.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alyssamarie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
ROOK- Glad I could help.
I was in Chicago back in '76, but I hadn't heard of Bachelor's Grove (or Resurrection Mary) at the time.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
alyssamarie,

Thank you please keep us updated. 😁

Alandhopewell,

Thank you for the links. I had heard about the 'White Lady' before, heck I had even heard about the 'farmer and his horse' spirits that exited the pond and crossed the street (witnessed by a police officer). I had never heard of the 'phantom house' let alone ever dreamed there is a picture that may have captured a part of it on film. Very interesting reading, thanks again.

Respectfully,

Rook
alyssamarie (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond everyone, I really do appreciate the input! I've thought about that it might have been more dream related, I guess I'll never really know for sure. I'll be keeping updated!
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
ROOK- At the aforementioned Gore Orphanage site, if one steps over the threshold of the ruins, there is a sudden sense of being indoors, even down to extraneous sound being muffled.
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
I have found that being the first to build a house on a tract of land, doesn't always mean there wasn't some "tragedy of the soil" so to speak. It's possible that what you are seeing is a dream, or it could be that "they" are wanting to know why a house was built where they have always been. Looking forward to more.:)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
alyssamarie: Well told accounts here, it is well known that past loved relatives can choose to come to us and communicate via dreams, this takes away the sometimes frightning encounter of them actually manifesting in front of you.
Regarding the light you witnessed which you thought at the time to be your old lamp, I'm thinking this was either a trick of the mind bringing up the past like Shlain touched on or it could be a residual effect that is connected with your dresser. Look forward to hearing from you.

Dan
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Hello alyssamarie, nice narration. Well, I feel the corner you mentioned in your story might have some activity through a spirit or an entity. Even though you are the only family to have lived in your house, please investigate about your land, whether something happened there. The history of the land could reveal some interesting facts. Try doing it and if possible, post it in the site so that we could give you some suggestions.

Keep posting your experiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
alandhopewell,

Is there a story, or news report you can provide a link to concerning the building you have mentioned... I ask because of an experience my ex-wife (then girlfriend) and I had a LONG time ago its posted HERE

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4224

I hope you do as I have heard some good explanations as to what we may have experienced but I'm still searching as none seem 'JUST RIGHT'.

Respectfully,

Rook
MrJV545 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-02)
I'm agreeing with Shlain on this one. When your subconscious keeps dreams going they can be extremely vivid, so it may have been in your head. Then again, lights are very common apparitions; my personal opinion is that the light is unrelated to the lamp and just a spirit.
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Land can be infested with spirits (demons) bound to that particular location, even though there was no structure built there.

Oddly enough, in Chicago, there's an apparition of a house that appears near Bachelor's Grove Cemetery; not only is there no house there, there never was one. Yet, many people have reported seeing it, by day and night.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
alyssamarie,

The light could either have been an aparition or (I'm leaning more towards this) it could be that you regressed into the past briefly during your half awake half asleep state.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: