You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Base House In Puerto Rico

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Base House In Puerto Rico

 

I have a couple experiences I would like to share with you all. I've been experiencing paranormal occurrences ever since my family and I moved to the Military base in Puerto Rico. Our house was pretty big 4 bedroom 2 story. My dad was in the coast guard at that time so he was rarely home, always on duty at the air station, so it was always my Mom and me I was 10 at the time and my younger brother who was 5.

After 2 weeks of trying to settle in and unpack, that's when everything started happening. I remember one morning waking up about to get ready for school and I noticed the blinds were pulled up halfway in the bathroom, but obviously I shrugged it off. I went to wake my little brother and his blinds were pulled up halfway also. This is when I got curious. I went halfway down the stairs and the big window in the hallway also had the blinds pulled up halfway. All downstairs was the same. It creeped me out. Every room had the blinds pulled up except mine.

Occurrence 2: A few days later my family and I, including my dad, were all sitting at the dinner table eating breakfast. Now our table faced the front door and my brother and I were in the 2 seats that faced the front door. So we're all eating and talking and then our dog, who was laying by my feet, got up and started growling at the door. I was like, "Hey, Cody, stop it come here." My dad turned around and right at that moment the door knob on the front door turns. We all heard, and saw it, and the door swung open. My dad jumped up to go see he walked around the house and nobody was there.

Occurrence 3: My dad told me this one. And he didn't believe until this happened. It was late, maybe around midnight. He was watching TV, it was his first day home in a long time and only him and my mom were awake, and they were drinking beers. They were having a conversation about whatever they were watching, I think it was the history channel, I can't recall off the top of my head. And just as my dad reached for his beer, he told me his bottle turned halfway and fell of the table right in front of him. My dad was a little creeped out, so my mom and him went upstairs to go to bed.

At that time my brother was having severe nightmares so my mom went to sleep with him and my dad went in their room. Around 3 in the morning I woke up to screaming. It was my mom and dad. My mom was screaming out the "Holy Mary full of grace the lord is with the" prayer (don't remember how the rest goes). My dad was standing over her, shaking her, yelling her name. I opened my door and my dad yelled for me to go back in the room. I started to cry. She repeated it twice and she while she was screaming, she was speaking in a little girl's voice. She repeated it once more but the last time it was in Spanish. And let me tell you, my mom does not know a lick of Spanish. My dad was desperate, he grabbed an empty cup on the nightstand and filled it up with water and just threw it on her. She immediately woke up and her face was pale and I remember she was shaking. My dad was able to calm her down and we ended up going to a hotel that night.

About 2 weeks later we packed everything and moved back to NJ and stayed with my grandma. After that what happened that night, the other houses we've lived in we experienced little things doors opening and closing, things falling, disappearing, touching, but not as intense as they were in Puerto Rico. I had a couple experiences of my own when we lived in Puerto Rico, but they just were cases of being touched and hearing my name being called. I'm not sure if she was possessed that night or what but it was super scary.

After we moved out we found out that the military base in PR was built on top of an ancient burial ground, and some type of battle took place there. I never want to experience that again.

Comments are appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bombbomb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bombbomb (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
[at] Aussiechick95 Honestly I have asked and he told me no. His family when he was young was very religious. So I don't know why it happened. I wasn't very religious growing up until I hit my teenage years. I then decided to go to church lol
bombbomb (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
thanks everyone! All is well now once we moved it mostly got better. Here and there we would experience a couple usual things but thanks for reading! ❤
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
Hey there! Must say that was a scary experience you and your family have had. Fortunately your dad was brave enough to handle the situation without losing his mind. Hope things are good now, thanks.
-Shady
angela_maria97 (14 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
1.It could have been a prank they pulled...
2.I have only seen that In movies so I think that would have been interesting to see...
3.honestly I would have left after the second thing that happen I would not have waited any longer especially if I had kids and knew my kids could have been in danger...
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-10)
Thats really scary... Guess its possession of some kind. I hope allz well now.
osnapitsDebra (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-10)
Wow what a scary story I was literally staring and concentrating on my phone scrolling down to read more while eating grapes lol. 😆

If I was you I would have cried really loud and my body would have shaking uncontrollably. Hope your family is doing good now

-Debra ❤
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-09)
That would have been terrifying to see. It sounds like what ever it was, it was concentrated on your Dad, When he turned around the handle turned, and his beer was knocked. Has it happened anywhere before or after around your dad that you know of?
Best of luck and take care:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: