You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is Anybody There?

Real Ghost Stories

Is Anybody There?

 

For a long time at my mother's home many of us have experienced the entity in the home.

Curious to see if it was all superstition or not I invited a friend over one night and we did a walk through the house with a voice recorder. We preceded to head for the stairs leading toward the laundry room and the first question we asked was, "Is anybody there?" We heard nothing. My friend replied she didn't think there was anything in the house, but as she said this she seemed to loose her footing and slipped. She fell down a few stairs, surprising us both. We kept our composure and continued to walk around asking questions.

After we finished we sat down to play the recordings. The first question we asked, "Is anyone there?" was answered by a male voice that replied yes. The third question we asked, "Do you live here?" was answered by the same male voice. It asked, "Do you?" The whole encounter was strange to say the least and I am left wondering if the entity pushed her to prove he was, in fact, there.

Multiple people who have been in the home have had some sort of experience with this ghost all agree it is, in fact, a male. We can't seem to figure out why he is so eager to interact though. Does anyone have any ideas?

After we did this experiment my friend was left with a large bruise and did not wish to return to the house again. But he has never lashed out before at anyone. The most he has done is move things and startle people.

There are more experiences with this ghost, after talking with everyone to get the stories straight I will post them. Hopefully someone else can advise us on what to do, or what they think my family is dealing with.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ForestShepherd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ForestShepherd (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-02)
Sorry to say I have no way to upload the recording it doesn't have a way for me to plug it into something
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-03)
Hi ForestShepherd, welcome to YGS. I agree with others Narella and notjustme, your friend slipped and fell might be accidental. But you can't be sure. You say that the spirit is not harmful except about the bruise your friend suffered. We would like to hear what you have recorded, can you upload it. Also, I would like to hear about the experiences you and your family members experienced. Only then, it would be possible to give some suggestions and advise. Please post it.

Btw, have you investigated anything about the house itself. You can ask your mother and even the neighbours. Perhaps that could throw more light on it.

Keep us posted of developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
Forestsheperd- thank you for your story. I have a couple of questions for you; Do you think your friend tripping was due to the spirit or just an accident? And do you still have the recording? If so i'm sure many of us would like to hear it. Thanks and God bless! -Notjustme
Narella (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
I agree with Rajen. The more information you have about the house and land, the better you and your family can handle this. It might be best not to do another EVP session until you have more of an idea of what you're dealing with. Your friend's accident probably wasn't paranormal, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.
Rajen (2 stories) (12 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
You guys were brave enough to try and find it by yourself. But I would I think it is better if you could try find the past/history of the house or the land. This entity that you have described does not seem to harm people but I think it is better we do not take any risk with it. If it continues to worsen day by day, get a cleansing done. Hope it helps.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: