You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit Playing With My Stuffed Toys

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Playing With My Stuffed Toys

 

This event occurred about 6 months after I settled into the house in Del-City, Oklahoma. I was I believe 11 years old at this time. It happened about a year before the garage incident, written in another posting.

My room was arranged with stuffed animals galore. I had them in particular spots, ranging from the time I received them, as gifts, importance and whom I had received. I was a very particular child.

One night, during the summer, I had stayed up a little past my regular bedtime watching movies with my mom and stepdad. Nothing in particular, matter of fact it was an old western. I had grown tired, and gave them both hugs and a kiss, along with the good-night and I love you both. I went upstairs and immediately had an uneasy feeling. That feeling of being watched.

I walk to my bedroom door, click on the light, and a cold draft sweeps by me. Chills are running through me, and still I walk into my room. I look around, check the windows, they're closed. It's not the air conditioner because they turned it off earlier that evening, due to the cool evening.

I turn my light off, and lay in my bed. The hallway light is on, so I'm comfortable enough to fall asleep. I suddenly woke up, not sure how long I had been asleep. I turned over now facing my bedroom door and notice all is quiet, and the hallway light is off.

I woke up by feeling something hard or heavy enough to move my bed. I laid there for a couple of minutes trying to fall back to sleep, hoping it wasn't a spirit trying to act up.

Now wide awake, I hear shuffling of feet across my bedroom floor, all around my bed. It truly sounded as though they were running all around. Then I felt something grab onto my blanket and pull itself up onto my legs. It was heavy enough to put pressure on them and it stood there for a couple seconds, and I heard other feet shuffling around on the floor.

My heart at this point is racing, and I was scared stiff. That's when I heard this voice. It said, "Why does, she bring in food for us if we can't eat it?" Then another voice responds, "She knows we're only stuffed toys."

All the while, whatever it is, is still standing or sitting on my legs. That's when I tried my hardest to stay still and quiet. Then the first voice said "We better get back into our spots, before we get caught." So I literally feel it jump off of my legs, and hear it hit the floor. I heard it run around my bed, and then stop. All was quiet again.

I laid there, for what seemed like an eternity, but maybe 30 minutes, trying to make sense of what had just happened. Finally after draining myself of any energy I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I literally jumped out of my bed, flew down the stairs and told my mom what had happened. She had this look on her face, of sheer terror. She went upstairs to my room, and said out loud, "Leave my daughter alone, leave this house!"

When she left my room, I packed up all of my stuffed animals put them in garbage bags, and threw them out in the trash. Because I used to play house, school etc, and bring them snacks.

I have only told my husband about this, he laughs, I don't. That was only the beginning of some creepy things in that house.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Snowxyuki (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
Silliness in me. When I start reading until the part you mentioned your stuffed toys talk about you always feeding them food while they can't eat? I got a little excited and thought about the movie "Toy story" and tell myself if my dolls ever talk, I WILL RESPONDE! And I always wish they did but nope.

Then when I scrolled down and read the comment, that is when I realized how silly am I to have such thought and now I agree it could have be evil spirit manipulating behind this.
ghost18sg (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
i remeber a very realistic dream I had that I woke up in the middle of the night to see all the stuffed animals in my house dancing on my table and floor and then I noticed they all had spoons in their hands! It was so wierd but the next day I found all our spoons thrown in the silverware drawer. I was only 10 so I was freak
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
At Griff84, Thanks for reading. And yes I agree with both you and Val, whom always makes great points. This particular house I lived in, had a lot of activity. Usually affecting myself and youngest sister. She stayed over biweekly, so she absolutely dreaded visiting.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Gacfan101, I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. Its creepy still to this day, just thinking about it. I to this day won't keep dolls out, having a small daughter whom loves stuffed toys etc. Thanks for taking the time to read it. 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
[at] paranomscare54, no after I put those toys away, nothing else like that happened, but a lot more activity started up, and increased. As wellas the vibe of the house was heavy.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
spiritwaiting, I must confess, this is only the second of your stories I have read. I solemnly swear to read the rest with haste 😊

I'm not sure if this has been said, but could this have been two separate spirits working together? Maybe it is unlikely, but I don't see why it could not happen. As Val has already said, I think it would take a lot of energy to make you feel it, to vocalise two separate voices, and to make it sound like separate 'toys' were running around your room at the same time?

Then again, it could have just been taking a lot of energy from you and your understandable fear.

Great post, thanks 😁
paranomscare54 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
that is one of the scariest stories I have ever read I would of screamed if I was you.! Has any of this ever happened after you put the toys away? Please reply if you can god bless
tiffany262 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Woah, that is what I call creepy. I've seen spirits or at least I think I did. I saw my great grandma and grandad and some two couples with bright ginger hair and a knife beside them, they ''punched'' me, and in the morning I was sick really badly. 😭
Lukerobinson (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Yeah it does sound creepy but I think that that could of been one of your love ones trying to be there for you, so I don't think that they were trying to scare you. My wife's furby's sometimes get messed with when we don't even mess with them. I think there is a little boy or girl that tryes to play with them, or it could be our family members trying to get our attention. It creeps my wife out when I am at work.
Frances23 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
I had a strange experience with toys too. When I was like eight years old I had a doll that talked on it's own. It was one that did talk... But you had to press the button on it's hand to get it to speak. It was in the hallway outside my room and I heard it going off in the middle of the night. It could have been a glitch, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't broken because it never did that again. To this day I don't like dolls!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-03)
spiritwaiting, your comment, "I also wonder if a malicious spirit can leave your life then come back, at different times," gave me pause to consider. Logic mandates that if the spirits of our loved ones can do so over the years, then the not-so-loved also can. Pretty darn creepy. How ever, this particular spirit must not be very strong. I say this because it preys on children's fears. As notjustme pointed out, there's no better way to frighten a child then through their toys. I'd suggest a house blessing by a clergy member, (Many will also bless toys if asked!) and then follow it up with Rook's cleansing Method. You'll find it on his profile, (Rookdygin: http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155).
I hope this was helpful.
~Val
GACfan101 (11 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-03)
That is so creepy kind of reminds me of toy story but probably not as fun haha thanks for sharing I really enjoyed reading this
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-03)
[at] lady-glow, now that's hilarious! 😆, while. Was happening I kept picturing some kind of elf, or dwarf. Being young it was just really weird.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
Yikes, that's creepy! No wonder you got rid of your stuffed toys.
While reading your story I pictured two evil looking Smurfs walking around your bed. 😨

Thanks for sharing.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
[at] notjustme, also the house we lived in at that time had been built in 1987, fairly new, in an old neighborhood. My mom has been experiencing things since she was a young girl as well. Shes had some really creepy experiences also.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
[at] curious sami, that's the same with me! Since I can remember I have had terrifying experiences up until now and I'm 30. They really all started around 5 years old.
[at] notjustme, Things have calmed down for about a month now, but it will come back soon. My kids are feeling the eyes, and someone chasing them now. Nothing like I have experienced. And it does make me wonder,though,could they really leave or just grow tiref of it then come back when bored?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
VermontVampyre, You know those victorian style baby dolls with porcelein faces, real hair, and eyes that move,those. Have always given me the creeps. 😢
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
Spiritwaiting - that IS so creepy, especially the things it says. It sounds so manipulative 😕 I wonder to if it could be the same spirit, but if it is that's nuts! Measn it's been following you the whole time! Noooo >.< how has the activity been in t=your household lately by the way?
curious_sami (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
spiritwaiting its interesting how you wonder if a spirit can leave your life alone for a while then return, I have also had paranormal occurances happening to me since I was a child up until now and I'm 20yo atm and it has in fact seemed as if the thing that would harass me would mess around then go stagnant for some time then mess around again... Hmm your not alone with that idea... Thanks for sharing your experience it is indeed a very odd one... *curious_sami*
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
Holy cripp that woulda scared the ever loving stuffings out of me. I used to just be afraid of dolls... But now I'm second guessing my own host of stuffed toys:$
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
Notjustme, you make a valid point. On both accounts. I wonder if it could have been the same spirit, or different ones. It literally scared me stiff. I also wonder if a maliscious spirit can leave your life then come back, at different times. Hmmm know I'm really thinking about how creepy that is if it's possible. Thanks for your point of view on this. 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
Spiritwaiting - to me this sounds like an evil spirit fully aware that you were aware. By using your stuffed toys to portray fear on you. Because to me, there's no better way to frighten a child but through his/her toys. EVIL thing! I don't believe it was actually your toys talking and running around, but something acting as if it was. I wonder what it was... Thanks for the story my friend! Also seems like whatever it was could still be doing the same thing but now with your childrens' toys, as I remember all the toys going off at the same time in your last story. - Notjustme

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: