You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Midwives' House

Real Ghost Stories

The Midwives' House

 

At the age of 4 I moved into a house with my father and sister who was 6 years of age at the time. My parents had just split and we found a beautiful old house. My father bought it and we moved in within a week. After about a month of living there, strange things started happening.

One night my father was saying goodnight to my sister and I (we shared a room), when all of a sudden our bedroom door slammed and we heard running up the hallway. My dad got up to investigate but he found nothing.

From that day things got even more strange. Candles would go out without any draft or wind, with no smoke remaining. Heavy doors would slam shut, lights would flick on and off uncontrollably. We would always hear screaming from what sounded like a woman, but we could never find the source of the sound. We would hear many women's voices and fog would fill one of the larger rooms in the house even during the summer. My sister and I would always feel something stroking our heads as we tried to sleep. It was beautiful and comforting as our mother barely wanted to see us. It made us feel happy and loved.

Wanting to find out a little bit of history on the house, my father asked a few of the locals. We found an elderly lady, she had a lot of information on the house. To our surprise, she was actually born in the house in the early 1920's when it was a midwives' house. The lady also was a midwife herself and had delivered many babies in the same house. She had told us that many women gave birth there and many mothers and babies had also died. She knew of at least 13 mothers who had passed away in agony as a result of limited medical facilities.

A month or so later, my father had found a new partner. So we sold the house and we moved away to live with her. I'd love to return to that house one day and I'll never forget the strange and the beautiful experiences I had.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Madisonamy28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pringles (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-06)
Beautiful story, thank you for sharing this with us I loved it x
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
x77 - please do not copy our stories for your site without permission. If you will look at the bottom of the screen, you will notice it does have a statement concerning permission. Thank you.
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
excuse me, I am a user from Taiwan.

Your story is very nice and impressing, could I translate it into chinese, and submit the story to PTT (the biggest Bulletin Board System in Taiwan)?

Thank you! 😁
SlaytheWriter (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
This is a beautiful story and I am so happy and grateful that you shared it. Mothers who passed while giving birth giving comfort to two girls in need of some mothering. Such a lovely thing!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
you should go back to that house if you can. Or even buy it (again if you can) it seems that the ghost there really liked you and your sister... Besides the screams which could be residual haunting (meaning, if you didn't know, that they repeat on some sorta anniversary of the death, like day, hour, or even places and certain people and things)
I would love to hear more from you, thank you so much for posting this story.
GIRLIE ❤
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Madisonamy28- that's a beautiful story, minus the screaming which would terrify me! But understandable without meds back then I'd too scream off my head for birth 😭
Like BJJ said, it's very nice of the midwives to comfort you girls, as I'm sure you did the same for them. Thanks for the story!-notjustme
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
I love stories like this. I'm glad that such a sweet spirit shared the house with you and your family.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Wow. That is a pretty amazing experience. I love that someone stepped in for you and your sister when you needed a mother. I hope you get the chance to visit the house again. Thank you so much for sharing. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: