You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Pere Cheney - Grayling, Mi

Real Ghost Stories

Pere Cheney - Grayling, Mi

 

My nephew who is handicapped and in a wheelchair, talked his mother and two aunts into taking him ghost hunting. We started with tours, then graduated to overnight lock downs (Mansfield State Prison, West VA Prison just to name a few) and have been perfecting our techniques with various equipment.

So being all residents or former residents of Northern Michigan we decided to conduct a hunt at Pere Cheney. We had planned to conduct the hunt at night, but thought it wiser to try and find the place during the day, since it is remote and hard to find. So the three sisters set off and of course took our equipment with us. We had just purchased the new Ghost Box Ovilus III (incredible piece of equipment). After many wrong turns and a stroke of luck we found the place.

We got out of the car and turned on the equipment and immediately started getting words, which after some question and answer sessions got some very interesting replies. Including thermal temperature drops and flashing lights. Several names kept coming up of Murphy and Pat and both confirmed they were the ones conducting the "conversations" with us. We were warned (by Murphy) that the "rabbits" that had been left on the gravesites were evil and told about paranormal accidents that happened in the area.

Pere Cheney - Grayling, Mi

The area during the day was somewhat peaceful and as we explored the gravesites and were saddened by how many children were there. It was tragic to see the amount of destruction that vandals had done to the gravesites. A couple of hours into the hunt "Murphy" warned us to run, to leave, that the demons where there, that is place was evil. We asked why and who? We never really got a response but after the third warning we left. As we were leaving I just started taking pictures and this is what we got. Everyone has seen something different in it. What do you see?

At about 11 pm we arrived back there with our nephew and proceeded to get all the equipment out, the ghost box, the EVP recorder, the scatter lights, headlamps etc. It was very creepy especially given that fact that the location is isolated and there is only one way in and out. It is just a two track barely large enough for one car. In fact, we never really got very far from the car we were on edge and leery. We have been on some very active overnight lockdowns and never felt it be this oppressive.

My sister was working the scatter light and saw areas where the "lights" were completely absorbed and black holes. We tried to take pictures but they did not show up well on the camera. The strangest part was when my other sister armed with the camera and I armed with the ghost box stepped out of the car and tried to take steps on the actual cemetery property we felt like a layer was there that we could not cross. We felt this every time we tried to walk on cemetery land. So stayed close to the car and communicated again with "Murphy". There was just a feeling of heaviness, too much silence, and just overall feeling of being watched. It was a very short experience (probably about an hour) since "Murphy" keep saying to run, evil and to leave.

Needless to say, we left. We conducted our cleansing ceremony and away we went. We believe in respectful hunting and usually do tobacco offerings before we begin where we set the rules and always, always do a cleansing ceremony when we are completely off any property that we are hunting on.

This was an interesting experience, I would certainly go back and hunt the area, but I think we will do it at dusk next time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vschultz21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-17)
Hi there, Vschultz21! I really dig... Dug your story?!
On your picture, I can't see it very clearly to be fair but, I do see some sort of figure on the left, and the forest seems like it might have some secrets hidden in there!
Can I ask you a few Questions?:

1. You mentioned doing sitdowns at several quite unnerving sites which could have genuine para-activity going on? What were the results from the two sites you mentioned:
A. Mansfield State Prison
B. West VA Prison

2. You said, you felt as though there may be a layer that you could not or were not supposed to cross;
A. Can you elaborate more on these circumstances?
B. Do you ever take a psychic with you?

3. Have you never encountered a spirit or ghost who asked you to leave? Or, to run? Or, said that there was something evil presently residing on the site?

4. Why are you choosing/involving prisons to employ overnight lock downs? A. Is it because you believe the site should, in fact, host larger natural para-activity?
B. Are you searching for 'something' particular?

Thanks for your article! I hope you will give us more feedback in the future!
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-15)
Your point of view is a little confusing as well, "My Nephew... Talked his mother and two Aunts into..." "So the three sisters set off..." You are switching from first person to third person so it makes it read a little off, but I am assuming you are one of the "three sisters" and "two Aunts." It sounds like you guys have a lot of adventures, be careful out there!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-15)
Like RC, I see a figure on the left side of the picture and, after reading about the evil rabbits, it looks to me like a transparente person wearing a bunny costume.
I guess the spirits were having a Halloween party? 😐
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-15)
Vschultz21,
I'm curious as to whether you also published this elsewhere.
The picture is used on several sites.
At Haunted Hovel: http://www.hauntedhovel.com/pere-cheney-grayling-mi.html both the story and picture appear. The name on it isn't similar to yours. So, I'd thought I'd call it to your attention and ask if you are the original author of this.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-15)
I'll just say I see a figure on the left side of the picture, but it bears no resemblance to anything I've seen before.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: