You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Tortured Spirits?

Real Ghost Stories

Tortured Spirits?

 

This happened in a hilltop schoolhouse in a small village in the country. My best friend lived there with his parents on the top floor. The bottom floor was the school.

I knew this friend for about 10 years before this event. He told me numerous stories of paranormal events at his house, some of which were so fantastic they were very hard to believe indeed. Like both his parents seeing a stagecoach whizzing by on the village road at night at breakneck speed and a man firing a pistol at it. It all looked like it was in the 18th century. I thought the same thing as you probably are doing right now; yea, right. But unlike many other people I never caught this friend telling a lie or even exaggerating or embellishing. He also told of the whole family gathered in the kitchen hearing footsteps in the hallway getting closer to the door.

It was the same sound like they heard before when people came to visit them. But when they opened the door to see who was there they found an empty hallway. This is the kind of story you read about on this site a lot and it seems to occur fairly commonly.

I stayed at their top floor apartment for several weeks on different occasions and neither I nor any of the family noticed anything. Then one time we were sitting in the teachers' room (his mom was the principal and had keys to the whole place) discussing things we wanted no one to hear. It was around 3:30 am. My friend said, "That's weird. The keys are bobbing around in the lock." (He had locked the door from the inside and left the key in the lock along with the other keys which were on a ring.) I looked and sure enough they were dangling. No one but us were in the room.

I felt a sudden burst of excitement that I was going to witness something supernatural and jumped off my chair to inspect the door. My friend followed. We checked the hallway. No one was there. The school was being renovated and in the hallway there were doors that had been taken off their hinges leaning against the wall on their sides. From behind one of them we were standing close to, we heard three knocks, although neither of us was close enough to have done it. I immediately inspected what was behind the door and there was nothing.

Then I started strutting down the hallway and said quite loudly it was probably the people who got tortured and killed by the Germans during the war and that they just wanted respect. (The schoolhouse was used by the Gestapo during WW 2.)

Then nothing else happened and we went back to our conversation.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, andrewland, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
Hi andrewland, welcome to YGS. Val you preceded me in saying that the O/P's friend's parents seeing a coach and a man firing at it like in 18th Century, hearing of footsteps etc., should be definitely residual.

Andrewland, like Val said, if you happen to visit that place again, why don't you do some EVP sessions and it throw some light on these happenings.

You can also try to investigate further, if they have been experiencing anything similar to what you told or anything different now. Please post your reply, if you have anything more to say.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
andrewland, perhaps the next time you go, you and your friend could conduct some evp sessions. Might be interesting. Who knows what you might detect.
Footsteps, etcetera could be residual, do they experience anything else? (Your account hinted that they might.)
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
Maybe you are right, they maybe spirits from WW2.

But I'd still be careful what I say around these spirits, lest I end up disrespecting them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: