You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Satan's House

Real Ghost Stories

Satan's House

 

My name is Nate and I am living in Las Vegas, Nevada. The story I am about to tell is based on a childhood home I grew up in and the encounters I had in it in Elkhart, Indiana. I have never posted this on the Internet before and have discussed writing a book on the incidents due to how unreal it all seems to most people when I tell the story and because, well, it's a true.

I'll start off by saying that I was born in Elkhart, Indiana. The house that I will be speaking of is located on Southdale Drive near what used to be the old Pierre Moran Mall and is now a Kroger. I moved into the house with my father when I was around the age of 10.

The house, at the time, seemed to be a nice place to live. I made a friend Alex in the house behind us and the neighbors were friendly and often stopped by to talk to us and just shoot the breeze if you will. The only neighbors we never talked to were the ones to the right of use if facing the street.

Anyways it was a cozy little home with a downstairs and three bedrooms upstairs. I had the one in the middle hallway while my dad had the one to the right of me. It didn't take long for me to live there when I started to notice weird things going on. At first it was the noises of course. I'd awake to the sound of footsteps in the kitchen or blinds being swept from side to side as if someone rushed by them really quick. I wouldn't say anything due to the fact that my father would've never believed me and it wasn't so bad at first. Then the noises grew louder and more sinister as if it were trying to put fear into me. There would be the sounds of chains dragging along the kitchen floor and, mind you, we had no dog or pet at the time. There would be laughter when I was watching TV behind me coming from the other rooms that I obviously knew was not my dad's. I told my dad and, like the usual skeptic, he said it was nonsense and that I needed to stop. He often grew a little agitated with me from how often I came to him. I kind of dealt with it by hiding my head underneath my covers and trying to fall into a quick sleep. By this point I would sleep with my door open so that if scared I could run into my dads room. At this time I also dreaded going to bed.

One night I laid awake in my bed, scared as usual, because I was hearing noises in the hallway. I pushed myself up in bed to see someone peering into my room as if they had most of their body to one side unseen, but as if they were creeping on me and watching me. I then saw two other faces doing the exact same thing, all to the same right side of the hallway looking into my room. At this point I knew I couldn't go through my doorway and I was too scared to yell so I hid under my blankets and prayed for them to leave me alone. I was under the covers until I fell asleep.

Later that week I had a dream that still no one ever believes when I tell them. I had a nightmare that I was laying in bed when all of a sudden my closet flew open. There my toy chest's lid blew off the top and all of my toys had scattered on the floor. All while this was happening my bed and I were being moved and rotated to the right side of my room. The toys then proceeded to start moving towards me as if they were going to attack me. I then woke up breathing heavily but noticed that my bed had actually moved to the right corner of my room and that my toys had actually been scattered all over my floor facedown. I couldn't believe what was happening to me I thought I was losing my mind already at such a young age. I didn't say anything because I knew it wasn't going to do myself any good.

A few days later I was taking a shower and it was getting near my bed time. Now the shower was all the way to the left of my room and right next to the last bedroom on the left. There was a curtain outside of the bathroom that, when opened, had the towels and wash rags inside. Also inside the shower there was a small window to look into the garage which I thought was a little unusual. I was washing up and all of the sudden the garage door opened and the lights and radio came on. The radio was so loud that I could hear my dad jump up in the living room and run towards the garage. While running I heard him say, "Nate! What are you doing in the garage?!" I was scared at this point and told me I was in the shower. I saw him run into the garage and look around to see if anyone was there. He then closed the garage and turned off the lights and radio. He proceeded to head back when it happened again and this time the garage was slamming up and down and the radio was going nuts, changing stations while the lights were flickering on and off. My dad didn't know what to do and maybe was startled a bit seeing how he had just went out there to fix the problem.

A little while later my mother and two brothers moved in with us. My dad had agreed to help her and the boys out and welcomed them in and I was thankful that I had family I could play with and also keep me company. By then I had my bed downstairs along with my dad's and the boys and my mother had the rooms upstairs to themselves. It didn't take long for these guys moving in to piss off whatever it was in my house.

One day my brother Kyle and I were playing video games downstairs and we were sitting on my bed. We both had noticed that my bed was shaking and that the blinds dividing the exercise room from me and my father's part of basement were moving as if someone passed through them into my room. We both sat still for a second when the drawers in the bottom of my bed had shot open. We both ran upstairs and had told my mom what had happened. We came back down to find out all was calm and my drawers were closed and the blinds still.

Now, my mother is a very spiritual person and in no way did she ever not believe what any of us would tell her. We had told her of times when going upstairs that our feet would be grabbed by some unseen force and we would sometimes be stripped of our shoes and chased upstairs. She had the same done to her but told us to not be afraid and show no fear. She even believed me when I told her what happened next.

I was sleeping downstairs when I awoke to the blinds swaying back and forth and the light flickering on and off in the exercise room. Something told me in my head to go through and see what was happening. I looked over and saw that my dad was asleep and I didn't want to wake him so I proceeded quietly. As I walked through the blinds the punching bag in the room was moving about like someone just got done laying a few heavy punches to it and the light continued to flicker. All of a sudden I hear a loud gunshot and then blood splatter against the wall in front of me. I felt as if I were going to have a heart attack and ran to jump in my father's bed. He awoke and asked what was wrong and told me to calm down and go to sleep. He didn't hear the gunshot! I awoke to find nothing on the wall no spec of blood nothing at all was different. I had told my mom and she was terrified and also agreed she felt something evil in the house.

I had later been sleeping upstairs in my mom's room with the boys and I was sleeping on the floor. Later on I had awoke yet again to something disturbing. I was laying down facing the door when I heard an extremely loud bang on the door as if someone was trying to kick it in. I looked back to see my mother and brothers wide awake staring at the door and then myself. We heard multiple running footsteps in the hallway and when I smoothly opened the door to see who was there the curtains were waving back and forth like people were actually running up and down the hallway at a fast pace. No one was obviously there and my father was at work. I began to talk to everyone in the room when my brother Kyle had told me he had been up for a few hours before because he saw what looked like a man in our back yard pushing a lawn mower and mowing the grass, yet he stated he could see through this man.

My mother had enough and started to look into the house's history and asked the neighbors if they knew anything. The neighbors to our right, the only ones who wouldn't talk to us, had been hiding something all along. She had told them what was going on and they seemed to not be surprised. They had told her a woman was shot to death in the basement over a drug situation. This had explained maybe why they didn't want us to talk to them or come over due to the fact that they maybe didn't want us to bring anything over from the house.

We didn't stay too much longer after hearing that but hearing that was not the reason we had left. My mother had reportedly been in somewhat of a trance or possessed at a point in time not long after we had got the news of the murder. She had told me she didn't want to tell us because we were too young to understand. She had told me that while in the house alone she felt an overpowering come over her and that she felt as if she was not in control of who she was and what she could and couldn't do. She said she was made to walk and sit in the middle of the stairs leading to the downstairs. As she sat there she said the basement filled with flames and figures she said had to be demons were clawing at her feet telling her to come to hell. As this was happening the upstairs was filled with an immense light and a voice was telling her to decide whether to join heaven or hell. She said she could not lift her head and that she could not move but rather sit with her head down. Then all at once it lifted and she ran upstairs, panicking and threatened of her life.

My mother had soon moved out with the boys and I went with her. I don't know if the neighbors told us the truth about what really happened in that house and I find it hard to believe that is all that had happened due to the fact it was so evil and wretched there. My father soon followed out of the house and I have never asked what made him bring himself to leave as well but I have a clue.

Whether you believe this story or not is up to you but this is no joke and I have family that can support these sayings. Maybe one day I will go back there and visit to see if anything is still around but not alone.

I hope you enjoyed this story but please believe when I say that I have been utmost sincere and honest with you on this story. It is the truth and full truth. There are such things as demons and ghosts out there and I am living proof.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nate365, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Hi Nate365 - I was just inquiring about the second story you were going to post. After reading this one, I don't see how anything could bother you anymore, if these events did occur. Not saying they didn't:) but when we are young our brains have a way of distorting our experiences and how we perceive them after the fact. I'm sure that doesn't make them any less terrifying! Would be interested in reading some more!
Ghost_adventures_fan (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
man, if I heard a gunshot I would run for the hills and never come back, you are very brave to stay that long
Nate365 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
Thank you guys for your comments!:) it means a lot to me to see that others such as yourselves are interested and believe me. I will not be going there alone and I for sure will not take anything with me. I can not seem to find information on this house so maybe ill try and check a library. I will be posting another story from a more recent house and I hope you find and read it because I will need your help with my information. Thanks again and God bless.
i_heart_ghosts (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-05)
this happened with me too... Whenever I visited my grandpas house...
It gave a vry terrifying chill down my spine... To hear all those noises and knocks... And d most annoying part was that nobody believed me! 😢 😭
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-03)
A previous death associated with drugs? You can assume the occult is probably in the mix there somewhere, I think you also may have experienced a poltergeist, along with sleep paralysis and even 3d reality nightmares, not the best introduction into the paranormal field, I feel for your circumstances it would have and probably still does affects you to a point of not feeling safe alone at night? The house basically came to life in a negative way and throwing in one of my own theories here, it comes down to reality 2, at the quantum level... Where principles and laws apply to probabilities that defy's common sense laws of physics associated with our classical reality, the one we see, experience and live in... Everything in your home is made up of atoms. Just like you and I are and consciousness in my view and quite a number of theoretical physicist is the force that drives our universe or the real reality to our existence and a house can come to life just through thoughts alone? Especially fearful ones and previous evil ones from those who previously subsided there? It basically transformed the home into a place that seems like hell, but in reality it was an illusion of mind in the very worse way... Your mother had the right idea by informing you not to be frighten and your father obviously wasn't and at the end of the day no one was really hurt, still not much consolation for you, best to put it behind you and forget about it?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-03)
Nate365
Very interesting and scary. Have you looked into the history of the house. I have a feeling that your neighbors didn't tell you the whole truth. What they've told you doesn't fit with the amount of psychic energy. Be very careful if you decide to go back. Do some research on the house. If you go in unprotected someting might reconise you and follow you home. Do you want your family to have a very unwelcome entity in their house if you still live your parents. If you live alone do YOU want anything to follow you to your place. If you do revisit this house do NOT take anything from that house.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-03)
Nate365: Frightning accounts, from what you have described whatever was residing with you and your family in the home definitely was feeding off the fear.
I know you received a story from the neighbours but did your mother ever find any other documentation on the home?
I'm glad you got out of the home trying to not let the fear get to you is a very hard thing, look forward to hearing more from you, thanks for sharing.

Dan
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Nate365, Your story reminds me of my childhood home. It was warm and inviting at first, but a couple of months into it, all things started going crazy. Voices,knockings,feelings of being watched, and then going up or down the stairs it felt as though something were chasing us, and almost fast enough to grab us. Many scary things happened there. So I most definitely believe your accounts. It is terrifying, when your the witness to them. And your mother, is a lot like mine as well. Please of you ever go back, protect yourself spiritualy, before you step foot on/in the property. Stay safe, and very scary story! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: