You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Boston Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Boston Experience

 

Back in 2008, myself and my family took a trip to the states on holiday. After five days in New York we took the train to Boston and rented an apartment in an old brownstone building (probably one of the oldest in the city) near the park. The apartment itself was originally one big room but at some point a mezzanine level had been added to necessitate the provision of extra rooms. The two floors were linked by a metal spiral staircase.

One evening (I think it was our second night there) my then boyfriend and I decided to wander out, explore our local surroundings and hit a couple of pubs, leaving the rest of the family on the sofa watching a film. We returned at about midnight after everyone else had turned in and immediately got the sofa bed ready as we were sleeping in the living room.

My mum, brother and sister-in-law had the two bedrooms on the mezzanine level upstairs. We had been in bed maybe ten minutes when I distinctly heard someone descending the metal stairs quite softly as if barefoot. I wondered why anyone would have a reason to come downstairs when they had their own bathroom up there but just assumed whoever it was had needed the kitchen for a glass of water. I listened and heard nothing more but could definitely sense someone there standing by the bed, almost hear them. At this point, thinking this was a bit strange (I have no idea why someone would come downstairs to simply stand around by our bed!) I opened my eyes, fully expecting someone to be there. Nothing! Confused, I turned to my boyfriend and asked whether he too had heard someone come downstairs and not go back up again. He confirmed he had and was as perplexed as I was. I got up, checked the entire floor and there was nobody there!

The next morning we learned that no one had come downstairs the previous night. An interesting coincidence, however, was what my sister-in-law said to me. Apparently, shortly after we had left the apartment the evening before, she had witnessed flashing orbs shooting around in the kitchen! We, of course, had no idea this had happened before the footsteps incident as, when we returned, they were all in bed.

The rest of our stay was uneventful apart from one evening when I kept catching a blue flashing light out of my peripheral vision coming from the top right hand corner of the living room. This could well have been car headlights reflecting off the ceiling, though, as the street outside was quite a busy thoroughfare.

Not the most exciting story but definitely an interesting one!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chalice84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
I wonder if the kitchen had windows facing the street, also. Perhaps the 'orbs' there were car headlights being reflected and ricocheted off the surfaces? (By the way: nice job on thinking this could have been the reason for the flashing light you saw in the living room, so many just leap to the paranormal for an explanation.)
But, the footsteps on the stairs... Now that is very curious...
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-22)
Sometimes I find that stories that are not too exciting but interesting are sometimes the best ones.
It sounds like it is either residual or just curious as to the new occupants.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: