You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Did He Want From Me?

Real Ghost Stories

What Did He Want From Me?

 

This was a couple year's ago it's been bothering me since. This story, just the thought of what I saw, brings me to tears.

I had just separated with my boyfriend at the time and had found out I was 2 month's pregnant. My friend and her brother were at my house and we got bored so we decided to go to a cemetery. Kind of a silly idea but sounded fun at the time because I've always been into ghosts and all that creepy stuff. Anyway, we leave my house and go to a local cemetery here in Tulsa, OK.

So we get there and we start walking around and get bored but her brother, being the younger one, starts taunting, saying things like, "stupid ghosts" and "oh, if ghosts are real then show yourself". We tell him to stop and we start walking back towards the truck and I look back to a different part of the cemetery and I see a dark figure which appears to have a hat on. I take a second look, thinking I'm seeing things and all the sudden it's like it's floating almost aggressively towards our direction. I freak out and hurry and we get in the truck and take off. I was so freaked out I was crying and even wanted to go to the church. I felt like we angered something.

My friends said that we might have just let our minds get to us so I agree to just take them home and go home myself, trying to blow off what happened. So I go home and go to sleep. I went to bed on my couch.

The next morning I awake suddenly and look at the end of my couch and the dark figure was standing there! When I looked up at it, it turned its head and body towards the doorway next to it and walked into the other room. I jumped up went to the other room and it was gone.

It was so surreal I thought it was my ex or at least a real person at first. I don't know what it wanted from me, I wasn't the one that was taunting.

For awhile I got scared thinking it wanted my baby but I don't know. It bothers me still. I just want to know what it was and what it wanted or why it was there...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lindsayharjo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
I just want to ask: Did the spirit ever visit you again? And is your little one ok?
broiquapride (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
honestly it could have just be a lesson that was meant to be learned because its kind of messed up if you go around screaming inside of a cemetery and stuff I mean unless you have business to be in there like going to see someone don't go 😐
lynrinth (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
What it probably wanted to do was give you a good scarce to teach you a lesson about the behavior at the cemetary, and not to do that again. Even if you weren't the doing the taunting, you were still along for the ride. It sounds like it hasn't bother you since. Count yourself lucky.
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
Ok not to scare you or anything but I do believe that the ghost does not like you because you disrespected him. I once disrespected a ghost that lived on a tree (I know that's weird but its true I promise). I locked a master lock on one of the branches when the spirit told me not to and shook only my tree branch and the one my friend was one madly. Only our two branches right up until I unlocked it and everything stopped. I felt a stinging and there were claw marks all over my leg and it was bleeding like crazy. We never went back to that place but that ghost still comes in to my room sometimes at night, because it found me and I don't know how, and I can feel it breathing on my face but if it comes back then act like you are not afraid of it and tell it how sorry you are that you were there when the boy was taunting them and you never meant to disrespect them in anyway. I believe that the ghost did not want to physically harm you in anyway but just to scare you from coming back. But take my warning because if you disrespect them again then they can hurt you no matter what other people say it happened to me and it is burned in to my brain I do not want you to be hurt like I was. I hope you found this comment to be helpful! 😉
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
lindsayharjo,
It's possible that since you woke 'suddenly' you saw a dream image. I've had that happen a few times; wake up suddenly and have a few seconds of my mind 'projecting' an image onto reality as it were. It seems so real, but then *poof* it's gone.
Another possibility is if it was the same spirit as from the graveyard, it was merely checking to be sure you were ok. After all, you weren't doing the taunting, but you were the one who cried. I think some spirits sense those things. If it had intended harm of any sort, I think it would have given you cause for fear by now.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
Hi lindsayharjo, welcome to YGS.

I believe it is commonly thought that graveyards have, what can be described as, a spirit protector, who guards against anything that threatens to upset the equilibrium of the area. My initial thoughts are that this is what you saw. Now whether this is the same entity you saw the following day I don't know, perhaps it was just checking you had learned your lesson, or was finishing up teaching you one, who knows. With the fact you say this was a couple of years ago, I assume you have not seen it since, and that everything is ok with your little one (I hope anyway.)

I bet you will think twice about going back and hanging around in a graveyard in the future? Could that be lesson learned? 😉

Thanks for you post 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: