You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Roller Skates

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Roller Skates

 

My very first paranormal experience happened when I was maybe about 7 or 8 years old. At this time we lived in an older trailer, it was remodeled but still old, on a farm. I shared a room with my little sister at the time so we had 2 beds in the room. I had my bed on the opposite side of the room as her right under our window, right by the door. If I was laying on my back in bed I could look right down the hallway.

Anyway, one night I for some reason couldn't sleep. I knew it was really late so I kept trying to sleep but something was keeping me up. I don't remember what exactly. Eventually I fell asleep. But it was a restless sleep. I had a dream about a girl in bellbottom (I don't know how to spell that) jeans with long straight blonde hair. She was running through our back yard, she looked scared, she ran to the barn. She hid in the far right corner of the barn then I saw a man standing in the door way. I mean, I assume he was a man it was just a dark shadow with a big build. Then I woke up.

When I looked down the hallway to where my mother's room was I saw the same girl standing right in front of the door with her hand on the door knob as if she was about to enter the room. She was wearing the same bellbottom jeans but this time she had roller skates on. I put the covers over my head and hid that way for the rest of the night. I guess, considering I was only 7ish it could've just been my imagination or maybe my mind playing tricks from something I saw on tv. I'm not really sure. It's just always stuck in my mind.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jellopudding, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-21)
It's often hard to separate dreams from reality when we're young--and even not-so-young, like me:-).

Is there any way you can find out anything about the land you were living on at the time? I know bell bottoms were all the rage in my teen years some 40-odd years back, so that may give you a time frame (late 1960's-early 1970's) to focus on if you should try to look up the history of the land on which your home was located.

If, as it appears from the way you describe the dream, old newspaper files might mention if there was any kind of violent or illegal activity on the property.

Good luck searching!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
hi, Nice story... I think you was shuffling between dream & reality. Sometime I also dream stupid things. But never saw that character in reality like you. If I was at your place I would've yell out of my lungs.
😨
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
Sweet story! I think you were dreaming about something you watched on TV and have nothing to worry about, at that age kids are very impressionable and imaginative.

BTW, your description of the girl makes me think about Betty Cooper from Archie! -I guess age hasn't made me less imaginative! 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: