You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Mattress

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Mattress

 

I used to live in this flat with my mum and cats in England, Essex. Not really sure of the history of the flats or when they were built on with my story.

Probably about a month before we moved out I was about 11 at the time. I sometimes slept next to my mum in her bed. This one night while I was sleeping, in my dreams I could feel like a dozen hands tickling my back right on the spine. I woke up and could still feel the tickling which went on for a while. I had my back towards off the bed I and when looked behind me all there was was darkness. My mum had her back to me so it wasn't her and obviously not the cats.

On my 15th birthday my mum had a date so that night my friends came over for the night. One of my friends said he was tired whilst my other friend was playing PS3 in my room. I told my friend he could rest on my mum\'s bed for a bit. After a while we went and woke him up. Time was about 1.00am. We babbled and talked. My friend said he had a weird dream that someone was tickling him, but no one else was in the room at the time.

After we had moved out, I told my mum about the tickling and she said "oh I know I have felt it too, if I slept on the right side of the bed, maybe the mattress was haunted". We both laughed and never really talked about it again. But the tickles were so... You could feel them so strongly on your back; it was creepy waking up in the middle of the night like that. I wasn't ever sure if I was just tired at the time and imagined it but it was coincidence that it had happened to three people. I'm just wondering what could have been reason of all this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lesbro, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dennis191 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-06-10)
Sorry but I have to say its funny. Maybe a spirit said "Hey dude, you're taking my space!" lol

Okay, on the serious note, I've heard and read about certain objects that appear to have an otherworldly attachment to it... So I figure it wasn't harmful which is good.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Bed bugs would not be so nice... They would bite the holy heck out of you. Spiders... Big ones (sorry) do make a flutter feeling when running upon the skin...but...why up the spine and why no bites? I have a sister who had a haunted hat box, don't see why a mattress couldn't be haunted... Interesting story! Thanks for sharing!
Lesbro (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
We never got a any rashes or marks from it. And it only happened a few times (mattress was new, we had it for about 8years). But we never moved the bed from its position so it might of just been that part of the room?
RebekahLynn (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Not sure if it would really be bug related I mean lesbro did say his mother only felt it when she slept on the right side. Was the mattress second hand?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
Hi Lesbro: one of my friends had a experience similar to yours; she used to stay at her grandparents' during summer holidays and once they decided to put together a bedroom for their growing granddaughter and bought a second hand mattress; but my friend could not rest during the nights and would wake up with all her body sore. She told her grandmother and the old lady decided to spend the night in the girl's room, the next morning she told my friend that everything would be fine because she had talked to the spirit of the previous owner of the bed, -a kid with Down's syndrome that had died on that mattress- asking him to let her granddaughter sleep. -The poor little boy only wanted to play!😢

I agree with elnoraemily, it would be interesting to check the mattress for mites or bed bugs.
You don't mention in your story if you were renting a furnished flat or if your mother bought the mattress from a store; it would be interesting to know the history of it.

Thanks for sharing!
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
I would like to say that the mattress was a home to excessive mites/small bugs of some sort. It's a large problem and it tickles quite badly (gross, I know). This would also explain why it happened to everyone.

Is there a history to that mattress? No matter what explanation, the history could play an important part- could explain the mites or the spirit.

I've personally never heard of a spirit attached to a mattress, but thinking of how much time people spend in their beds, it is not that strange to picture.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: