You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sleepless Nights

Real Ghost Stories

Sleepless Nights

 

A few years ago, I lived in a fairly large house in a town called "Deroche". At the time, I was living with my Mother, step dad, stepbrother and cat. From the day I moved in, I would not be able to fall asleep, I would always feel like someone was in the room with me, watching.

My cat was also acting strangely, it was almost like she was watching someone move around my bedroom. Her eyes would go from one side of the room to another. She would meow very loudly during the night.

It wasn't just my bedroom, the whole house had a strange feeling to it. It is too hard to explain.

So one day at school I casually joked about my house being haunted. That was when one of my friends told me that there was a graveyard a couple blocks away from my house.

I decided to investigate further by asking some more of my friends if there were known spirits in the area. I discovered that there was a teenage African boy who was murdered, not far from my house, when some other boys tied him to the railroad tracks. (note: I do not verify that that story was real in any way, shape or form, it is just what I was told). I tried to search for more clues, but did not find any other stories.

Then, after a few weeks, I'd gotten more used to the feeling of the house, and started getting a few hours of sleep a night, but now I was almost constantly having nightmares (none of which I can remember). It was really starting to bother me, but there was nothing I could do about it.

So, a few days later, I invited a couple of friends over to jump on my trampoline after school. We were jumping around, talking and having a good time when suddenly, I heard a shriek from my friend, she pointed at the basement door, when I looked over, I could see what she was screaming about. The door (which is ALWAYS closed and locked) was opening and closing by itself. We were so freaked, we ran inside and asked my Mom if anyone was down there, she told us that no one had gone down there all day.

Since then I have moved into a different house, but I still wonder what was there...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

ParOnormal (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-15)
You probably have an entity that was trying to tell you something. It seemed like this ghost didn't mean any harm to you or anybody else. I don't blame you about being scared, but try and make sure that the ghost is not evil. If it is evil, you've got a serious problem on your hand, but I think this one was completley harmless. Your cat, as with a bunch of other house pets, are able to see things we can't, or so I've heard. Anyways, this entity didn't seem evil. And the door thing was either, wind, a hinge problem, or the ghost.
Shadow93 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-28)
I heard that after we moved out, two men moved in but they were kicked out of the house shortly after, and just recently I have been back there and saw that someone is living there.
interested_amateur (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-28)
Wow! Thats cool! And it would have been pretty scary as well; I know I would have run inside too.
I guess since there is nothing you can do as far as research goes, its left at that then. Do you know if anyone else has lived in that house after you and your family? and if so, did they stay for very long?
Shadow93 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-28)
I lived in the house for a little under a year (i move around alot) but i've never felt the way I did in that house ever before.
mase (7 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-27)
maybe your friends were playing tricks on you if 1 of them or a neighbour or a burglar or something might have opened the door and left it when you went on the tramp you should of checked the hinges or something of course every house will have a certain feel when you think that some1 is watching you maybe bad events took place in your house because some kid getting murdered up the road will have nothing to do with it & yes you will have nightmares after being told of this as well your cat will act weird in a new house it will sense your uneasiness or whatever
courtney (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-27)
well you just might be abit try so you are thinking all this and thing like that happen
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-24)
Hey Shadow93, how's it going? well, I think that there was a presence in the house and that you should have done further investigation, I would've at least, well, it looks like you already did all the investigation you could. What really is hard to comprehend, was whether the spirit in the house wanted to tell you something, because most of the time, that's the case, or from what I heard. Well, how long have you lived in the house? So sorry if I sounded rude, well, what more can I say, good luck, GOD bless you and good- bye!!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: