You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Borewell

Real Ghost Stories

The Borewell

 

Greetings to all! This is another story. This is a real incident experienced by my mama (maternal uncle.) The story goes as follows.

This incident happened in year 2010, when I was in 9 std. Like many Indian kids even I was spending my summer vacation in my hometown. Now let me give a brief information of my hometown. It is a village situated in Ratanagiri, a town in Maharashtra state of India. My village is blessed with greener, waterfalls and all pleasant things by nature. So spending your entire vacation with nature is the best thing. Because I stay in Mumbai, very busy city of India. And after very long exams I used to rush to my village with my cousins after exams.

That year even my youngest mama was with us. One day all the family had gone to sea shore. It is nearby from our village, as our village is not for from sea shore. We all returned home after enjoying a lot and tired. At night in our village people go to sleep by 9. So we all dozed off as we hit the bed. The house in village has a very big living room, 4 bedrooms followed by kitchen and a room which is used as attic. So the house is very big. My mama and grandpa use to sleep in the hall. All the kids with my grandma in one bedroom and my eldest mama with his family in his bedroom.

It was around 2 am. My mama who was sleeping in hall heard the borewell's noise, as if someone was pumping water from it. It is old borewell so it makes a lot of noises. In rural India you can easliy find borewell. This borewell is just in front of our house, few meters away. But it shocked my mama as at 2 am no one is awake in the in village. So he woke up and to check who is it. As he saw out there was no one and even the noise stop, and everyone in the house was sound sleep so hence he just shrugged it off and went back to sleep again. But the noise again started. Even this time no one was there. This happened for 3 times. Now my mama was scared he chanted holy mantras and then the noise stop miraculously.

He told this entire story to my grandma. She told him that the borewell is haunted. This noise can be heard even today but only few people heard it. The reason behinde haunting of borewell is not told to me, as I will never step in my village lol! After this incident my mama stopped sleeping in hall and I avoid going near to the borewell. Sorry for the length but it gave a good picture of the incident.

Thanks.

Other hauntings by tanscaredofghosts

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tanscaredofghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tanscaredofghosts (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-27)
Dear shady4 and sheetal,
Even I wish to know the reason behind the haunting. But no one is going tell me about it! As I am chicken hearted! Lol!
tanscaredofghosts (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-27)
Dear elnoraemily,
I guess sound of pressure building up of water in borewell sounds different, and someone pumping sounds different. Even my mama (maternal uncle) thougth the same. But he discoverd something else.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-26)
Hello, tanscaredofghosts. I live in Mumbai too so I can very much understand what you're talking about. Lol. About your story, it was really an interesting one. I wish I could know the reason behind the haunting. Curious, you see. 😆. Thank you for your story.
-Shady.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-25)
Thank you for explaining what Mama means. I would have been very confused otherwise!

Interesting story. I wonder if this has anything to do with built up water pressure? Either way, that is not a comforting sound to hear in the middle of the night!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-25)
Hi, tanscaredofghsot, liked your story, but I really want to know the reason behind haunting. But it was nice. Thanks for sharing 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: