You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Did You Start The Dishwasher?

Real Ghost Stories

Did You Start The Dishwasher?

 

This happened yesterday, and I was not the only person who experienced part of this. I was sitting in the living room watching a movie with my family. My father began looking around and finally asked, "Is something running?" I glanced over my shoulder into the kitchen and answered, "It is just the dishwasher." My mother looked surprised and said, "Did you start the dishwasher?" I shook my head no, and she said that she hadn't either. Basically, no one had even been in the kitchen for almost an hour.

A little while later, I was in my room preparing for bed. While I was brushing my hair, I saw, in my mirror, a young boy (probably 4 or 5 years old) with blonde hair and bluish-grey eyes wearing a white t-shirt and blue shorts, sitting on the edge of my bed. He was smiling.

"Did you start the dishwasher?" I said softly as my parents had already gone to sleep.

The little boy nodded and grinned a friendly little grin. I saw him mouth the words, "I was just playing." Then, he glanced around himself for a moment like he was inspecting the room, turned back to see me and said, "Gotta go now. Bye." He reached toward me, and I felt my hair touched very softly. I glanced behind me then back to the mirror. The boy was gone.

About that time, my cat walked into my room and leapt up onto my bed. He curled up in the exact spot that the boy had been sitting and began to purr. I have the feeling the boy will not be back any time soon, but it was definitely neat to have him try to speak to me.

Other hauntings by hippiesiren

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hippiesiren, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarkDaisy_13 (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-11-11)
I guess he wanted to do your dishes?🤔
But the boy was cute, and definitely not a treat of any kinda.
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-29)
I really do not know why I did not feel fear. He just was not scary to me. He did not feel like a threat
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-29)
I don't know why but I cried at this. Thanks for sharing it, I loved it. I think I'm touched at how you were not terrified and instead talked to him and he responded back so nicely. I normally get really creeped out at children spirit stories, but also feel sad for them that they are still earth-bound.
mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-29)
Not sure if I would have fearlessly started a dialogue with a total stranger/apparition sitting on my bed behind me late at night, but hey, that's me.
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-28)
I don't really know if there was any particular reason why he stopped to chat with me, but it would be neat to find out.
Micsoccer14 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-28)
He seems like a good soul just passing through. What a cool experience!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-09-27)
Now, that is cool, that he was so clear to you in the mirror you could even note his eye color. I wonder why he was there... Hmmm...
FirehouseDracula (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-26)
Wow, what a brilliant encounter you had with this young boy ghost. I think he did what he did like turn on the dishwasher and then make an appearence to you as he wanted someone to notice him. And once you had paid attention to him and had a short talk to him, he was happy and could move on. Clearly to your cat likes the little boy spirit too. You are very lucky.
FirehouseDracula.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-25)
hippiesiren- Oh that gave me goose bumps. How cool was that!?!?

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-25)
Aaawwww! I find this cute! Little naughty boy looking for something to play with!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-25)
Oh that is kind of cool! He seems like a good spirit and won't do you any harm.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: