You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Kenneth

Real Ghost Stories

Kenneth

 

I have come here to share my story and also ask for advice. I have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. Occasionally he gets this rage, where he gets mad for no reason at nothing particularly. It has never been a physically directed at me, but we have had our screaming matches. It's not always about me, it could be directed at a co-worker, a task, or a relative. He's been checked out twice in his life for mental illness and been found "sane" every time. He is a great person when he is not angry, funny, hardworking, and very loving.

He had a very hard childhood, his mom was 17 when she had him and his biological father was in his life for a minute. Growing up, he spent a lot of time with his grandparents and eventually lived with them full time after his mother lost custody of him and his 2 half sisters. She had a string of abusive boyfriends, (one of which is a father to his sisters) and some of them were particularly nasty to my boyfriend.

One day he was playing with his dinosaurs in his grandparents backyard when he looks up and sees a figure on the roof. The figure hopped down, he was all white except for two black holes where eyes would be and rather than hands he had claws. He called himself Kenneth and my boyfriend said he's never left. I believe that is what causes his rage and my boyfriend thinks so too. Occasionally we will catch him in a picture and he's never too far from my boyfriend. Strange thing is he'll disappear from the picture after a week or so.

When we were first together I lived in a spare room at my uncle's house. I told him (during an argument) that I didn't think Kenneth was real, and that he was making it all up. My boyfriend shot me a dark smile and a glass ash tray on my uncle's patio broke into 3 pieces. It didn't fall, it wasn't thrown, nothing fell on it. It just split into 3 pieces starting from the center going out, like a peace sign that's missing a leg.

About 5 months ago we were blessed with a daughter. She is our world. So last night he was off work (he works graveyards at a convenience store) and he was getting upset at his computer game. I said to him "If Kenneth is real then he needs to go, because he can't be around now that we are parents." My boyfriend said "I know, it worries me too." Just then the dishes I had drying along with the rack flew across the room and hit the wall in front of them. We live in a studio apartment and had a clear view. About an hour later after he had to run up to his store to give his co-worker a key. While he was gone the shower would turn on and off, I ignored it.

I know little about Kenneth and my boyfriend doesn't know much either. Sometimes Ken will give him warnings like "It's going to be hot today, don't say out long." or "You won't want to go down that alley," but despite these warnings I think he is an evil entity. He has said that he is older than the Earth, however I think that he is lying. Kenneth has also claimed he is here to help and that he is neither good or evil, I think this too is a lie. Kenneth claim to be all knowing, which I think is another lie. The last thing he has claimed is that he has never lived and this I believe.

I live in Arizona and I am Native American so I have smudged our apartment several times. I also believe in European magic and I am open to almost all advice. I want Kenneth to leave, but I above all want our daughter to be protected. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bob-the-Great, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Bob-the-Great, I hope you are still there and that you and your daughter are safe. I am a bit nervous for you that you have not responded here yet. Everyone who has posted has the very best intentions for you and your family. Please surround yourself with protection.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Well after reading this, I know that you need to do something soon. Kenneth may try to posses your boyfriend, who knows. I'm not sure exactly what to do, have you told him to try telling Kenneth tolerate and that you guys don't want him around?
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
BobtheGreat, this story is very disturbing to me. I imagine your boyfriend has a very big heart for you to be able to see beyond Kenneth and be with him. This makes me hopeful for him. But I agree with everyone here that you have to keep your child and yourself safe. Please, please, please take great care.
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
Wow, this is a scary one! I too would say get you and your child away from your boyfriend for now. You can always come back if he sorts himself (or Kenneth) out.

Explain to him that as much as you love him, you love your child more (fact and always will be). You cannot risk her life so he will have to sacrifice your company until he is ready to do something about it himself. If he really is worried about your child he should accept this no problem and it may give him the nudge to put his foot down with the entity (or seek anger management therapy - whichever is needed).

I truly hope for your sake that he manages to get the help he needs. Please keep us updated.

Thanks for the story.

Sara xx
eyecandy (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
I haven't taken the time to read anyones comments but it sounds like your boyfriend needs to tell kenneth to move on and to leave his family alone. He needs to do this several times until ken moves on. After he moves on you may need to smudge your house again to seal your house and make sure ken stays out.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Anger, fear and other strong emotions MAY over time generate into an entity... In theory these entities are single minded and seek to increase the emotion that 'created' them... It is my opinion that if people within a household atribute 'strange occurences' to an entity rather than possible physicokenitec outbursts from an individual in the home it MAY help create an entity of this type.

This is all theory of course but if spirits and entities are inteligent energy and different emotions can 'fuel' different types of energy then its not a far strech to see how this may apply.

Respectfully,

Rook
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Hello:

After reading Rook's comment, I also recalled my thoughts of another possibility but didn't know the correct terms. I have heard of cases where a person's anger takes on a life of its own, like your boyfriend's anger morphs into what appears to be an entity. The "entity" may be the spiritual embodiment of his anger. I'm not knowledgeable as to if it's synonymous with psychokinetic outbursts. I read one site that called it "wrath embodiment".
Rook, do you know if it's the same as what you described?
Kind Regards,
Lynev
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
I would like to offer another possibility for the anger issues... Passive aggressive disorder (sonething I suffer from) basicly you bottle up your anger at things and then you over react and release it over minor things. Even at 10 or 11 years old this condition may have been what attracted Kenneth to him. If Kenneth is real at all... Gut feelings like...'its going to be hot out don't stay out long' or ' you don't want to go down that ally'
Are not necessarily related to a paranormal attachment and cou6ld be just intuitive in nature.

That being said you described a couple of incidents of a physical nature that do seem to be paranormal in nature BUT they may NOT BE caused by a spirit attachment. They could have been psychokentic outbursts from your boyfriend caused by the stress of worry concerning your daughter and her safety and the fact he may have already considered that you may leave him to protect her.

Everyone is correct the safety of you and your daughter come first... And your boyfriend either needs to deal with any anger managment issues he has OR find a way to remove Kenneth and send it packing... Either one is up to your boyfriend because its all on him...

Please ask any questions you may have, the members here are always willing to offer advice and opinions.

Respectfully,

Rook
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Hello:
This story is very disturbing, especially with a baby involved. I also agree with all the others that your child's welfare comes first and that the entity should be removed.
The first thing that stood out to me is the possibility of it attaching itself to or harming your baby. If it attached to your boyfriend at an early age, why would it not consider attaching itself to another child?
Your boyfriend's anger may be "Intermittent Explosive Disorder (sometimes abbreviated as IED) ", or commonly referred to as rageaholic behavior. Growing up with abuse and dysfunction easily explains it, but does not excuse it. This is what anger management counseling is for, and one needs not be violent (or mandated) to benefit from it. It does take a long-term dedication to complete the process, unlike the six sessions ordered by court systems to offenders.
Some entities are attracted to and feed off negativity, and I do believe in some cases can influence behavior.
I wholeheartedly agree with Val's suggestion of getting a shaman, or whoever you're comfortable with to break the attachment, cleanse & shield your family and home. But, MAKE SURE the baby is safe while doing this. The rituals depend upon who performs them. I know some might not want the baby in the house, and do a separate blessing to ensure your daughter's safety. But, you need to make sure she is protected above all.
Given what you have stated regarding the entity's propensity for violence, it may not go willingly and might lash out.
Good luck with this. I truly wish the best for you & your family and hope you find a solution. Please let us know what happens if you choose to act. A follow-up story might be a good idea since we tend to read the new ones first.
Blessings,
Lynev
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
This story sounds really scary, considering this attachment has never been alive etc. I am with the rest of the group, get out while you can. I think if you stay this attachment may start putting things into your boyfriends head, or better yet attach itself to your daughter. I for one have had to many strange dreams and things happen to me for this subject to be taken lightly. I hope for the best out come in your situation. ❤
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
The advice given by BJJ and Miracles is very sound. You absolutely must place the safety of your child and yourself at the top of the priority list.
Your boyfriend's anger may not have a paranormal reason. You can be quite sane and have bouts of what is called 'misplaced anger.' This happens when for some reason we can't express how we feel towards the one causing it (say a boss or particular situation) and it comes out on someone/something else that can't retaliate (such as you could loose your job telling the boss off.) We have another term for it too, 'stress'. I only offer this as a possibility. However, the Kenneth thing is also an equal possibility. (He disappears from pictures? That is just not 'normal'.) You might need to get tough and tell the boyfriend, that either Kenneth goes or you and the baby do. Be prepared to act on this, you can't just bluff it.
Talk to your tribes elders, a shaman might be able to offer something. You could also try the cleansing method on Rook's profile page:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155. Many have used it with great success.
I wish you luck.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
Hi Bob the Great,

Everything Miracles and BJJ have said is wise advice.

I hope to offer you perspective.

If a ghost attached to me was making my husband feel like crap that ghost would be gone before sundown the moment we started dating.

If a ghost comes along, does right by me, but makes my husband feel like crap at any point during our marriage that ghost will be gone before sundown.

I know if the roles reverse, the sentences remain the same.

But it's not that easy, Tweed. Kenneth's been with him since childhood, Tweed.

Yeah, and other allowances, I know them well, used to make them.

It's all about intent.

Forget the boyfriend, forget you're a parent for a second.
You NEED the intention to have a happy, stable life.

Whatever happens here you and your boyfriend need to find common ground, peace, understanding and other true cliche's because you will always be in each others lives as parents.
faith1986 (23 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
I gotta say, the Kenneth thing creeps me the heck out! I'm sure I am not the only one lol. So it sounds like your boyfriend can hear what this entity says, can he have a conversation with him? I mean can he ask him questions, or does he just tell him stuff like what you mentioned in the story? I just wonder if he has ever asked him what he wants and why he won't leave? Maybe it would be a good idea to contact either a priest or a shaman or whomever your particular beliefs calls for and ask if they can help. I agree that you should get away. But it sounds like he wants Kenneth to go now too. Especially since having the baby. But you should make it clear that you don't feel like the baby or yourself is safe and that if he doesn't do something or find someone to help do something, then you and the baby are out. I know its difficult because you obviously love him and have been together for 2 years. But that's even more reason to do what you must to get him to take any steps possible to get this evil thing out of your lives. I hope you guys can get this thing to go away and leave you to be a happy family. Be safe. And I would encourage you to try to get your boyfriend to see a therapist. He sounds like he has some serious unresolved issues that he needs to talk about. I understand it may have never been directed at you when he has gotten angry, but that doesn't mean it won't eventually. Even maybe directed towards the baby someday too. Just be careful. Please. Sorry for the long comment. Be safe.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
I'm going to second BadJuuJuu's comment. You have to think of your baby's and your safety. Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, we can't save someone we love. They have to do it.

You said you are Native American. Have you talked to any of your family to see if they have any ideas/suggestions? Maybe someone else has encountered something like this and has helpful advice for your boyfriend, something to enable him to take control of his life.

I have to say this because I've been in a similar relationship. If your boyfriend makes excuses everytime someone offers help or advice, BadJuuJuu is right. He's not ready to be without Kenneth in his life 😢. Similar to an addict (of any kind) who says they want to quit, yet everytime help is offered, they have an excuse not to quit.

I wish you and your family the very best 😐
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
The only responsible advice I can truly give in this situation is something you will not want to hear. You need to take your child and get out.
The attachment to your boyfriend is not something you can break, only your boyfriend himself can break it and it doesn't sound like he's ready to take that step yet. He has to be the one to send Kenneth away, or Kenneth will never go.
As long as you stay, you put yourself and your little one at risk. Maybe walking will give your guy the wake up call he needs to truly take a stand and fight Kenneth, to break the attachment.
I'm truly sorry to be so blunt, but your baby's safety comes first. Please, get yourselves out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: