You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Boy And His Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

A Boy And His Footsteps

 

I have never had any paranormal experiences before or perhaps I had never recognized them as one before, until about year ago which I believe was a true paranormal experience. Now as I start to write this story you need to know that I suffer from an illness that can sometimes give me hallucinations. But, after having this illness for a long time I can easily distinguish hallucination from reality. They would always pop up if my medication went wonky or my pain level was up. I have a 100 percent confidence to be able to distinguish the two.

Now as I start my story, I was in Three Rivers, Michigan visiting my boyfriend at the time, for the second time since our relationship started. We had been in a long distance relationship for a couple of years and due to work and our money situations, we only really saw each other once a year. I was a few days in visiting when I was talking with my boyfriend's brother about ghosts, because of a show I saw. It was said to be based on real experiences and it fascinated me. That is when the brother told me that their house was an old house, built a really long time ago. A lot of the houses were like that where he was. He then told me that a boy that once lived at the house committed suicide in the 70s. Shocked and nervous I laughed it off telling him he was yanking my chain. But he swore it was true, and even stated that his friend had heard the little boy walking around. His house being so old creaked a lot and you could hear everyone walking around and even tell where they were at.

Later that night, I was snuggling with my boyfriend in his bed and we started to talk about ghosts and he then said the same thing as his brother, that a boy had committed suicide and sometimes you could hear him walking in the hall during the night, "playing." Startled and starting to get really frightened I snuggled close to him and fell asleep. Now this is the part things getting strange. I had not felt like that I was asleep. I saw two figures standing over me but they were black shadows, but I knew one of them was the boy my boyfriend and his brother was talking about. He was with an older man and the older man was trying to show him something. I was paralyzed and couldn't move, I tried to wake up but nothing was happening. The older man reached forward putting his hand on my face. My body felt stiffened and I couldn't move. Desperation filled me as I tried to wake up even more. I could kind of understand what they were saying but some of it was muffled. Then at last darkness took me and I awoke freaking out. Then I felt like someone was standing at the door. Scared I went downstairs because I was truly frightened to go back to sleep. It was around three in the morning. Then I started to hear someone running in the halls. I froze, tense, not knowing what to do. I knew the brother was sleeping as his room was next to my boyfriend's and my boyfriend was still passed out and his parents are downstairs asleep. Back and forth, back and forth I heard the footsteps go for ten minutes and then stopped. Every half hour after that I would hear him run. Then a few hours later he stopped. I never heard him run again.

This had never happened when I was at his house the first time I visited. Me and my boyfriend were going through a rough patch and I believe that the negative energy enabled the ghosts. But it was a truly frightening experience. My medication was regulated at the time and when I talked to my boss she said to go with my gut. My gut tells me that that dream was not a dream. I don't know what to think of that little boy. I do not think that the boy itself is a bad spirit, for he never hurt me. But as for that mysterious other spirit...I'm not quite sure of that one.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tdmeyer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
Negative energy does stir things up. I hope things settle. Best to you.
tdmeyer (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
hectate I thought about that today because I feel like I got closer with the paranormal after I got sick which was strange. I'm not sure I think I'm the only one who had the problem. I think it was agitated because me and my boyfriend were having problems at that time and it sensed the unease.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Hi Tdmeyer,

Have your boyfriend's parents thought of doing a cleansing of the house? Do you think they are open to it? Sounds scary. I wonder if your own health history has actually made you even more sensitive to alternative energies, since you have become adept at distinguishing reality from other. Best of luck to you and them in the house.

Hecate
tdmeyer (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
Faith1986 that was how I was! I was paranoid after it and then when the sounds started happening I freaked out.

N_ishwarya and darkangel73 that's terrifying!
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
I myself would rather not know those details, but there again I would. I found out that someone possibly died in my apartment, this whole complex has something going on in it. But I have seen shadow figures on three separate occasions, it is not cool when you see them in the bathroom while taking a shower. I have always said out loud I don't want to see you etc, I freak out over shadow people. I am not sure if it is the man who died or something else. I hope you will be able to find some peace while in that house. Very good story!
n_ishwarya (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
Let me tell about my experience I always felt a dark figure behind me during the night. Once when I was seeing the mirror I saw a shadow of a well built man taller than me with red eyes and with his hands on my hip. It scared the life out of me.
faith1986 (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
Very creepy indeed. I would have been freaked out for sure! And your boyfriends brother (and later your boyfriend as well) telling you about what happened to that boy in the house did not help at all. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I would have been on edge about hearing the story and I would have thought any little noise or shadow was something. I'm a big sissy lol!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: