You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Drowning Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Drowning Girl

 

About 6 years ago, when I was 11, one night at my grandmother's house in the big island of Hawaii, me, my sister and two of my younger cousins were all sleeping in the living room watching movies.

We all fell asleep and all the lights were off except one right by the TV stand. The TV stand was large and had space behind it in the corner of the room. It was around 12 or later, I had woken up out of nowhere, feeling as though I was being watched and I looked behind the TV stand and saw a girl with drenched hair and pale skin. She had dark eyes and was staring at me with an angry expression. I jumped a little back and turned the TV on to distract myself from the silence, and she disappeared. It took me an hour to go back to sleep.

The next morning we all woke up from my grandmother screaming in her sleep, saying that she had a dream of one of my cousins, that wasn't with us at the time, drowning. When I heard that I turned pale and scared. My grandmother was worried, she asked me what was wrong and I told her what had happened that night. My grandmother wasn't the ghost believing type and wanted me to ignore it and believe it was nothing, but it was not a coincidence that she would have a dream of drowning after me seeing a girl that looked like she drowned.

After that, weird things started to happen in her house, from shadows in the hallway, and things moving on their own. I can still remember what the face looked like, even my mother believes that it is still haunted because recently she went to visit and she had scary dreams, and had weird things occurring for her, such as the sink turning on by itself.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alldatassstera, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alldatassstera (1 stories) (1 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-11)
Yeah no my cousin didn't drown; he's fine until this day. I just thought it was bizarre that I seen a girl drenched in water at the same time as my grandmother having a nughtmare about someone drowning idk. It was just one of my first experiences I had I thought It if share.
outofboxthinker (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
no,
abbykay_luv, her cousin didn't drown it was a night mare.
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
So nobody ever found out who this drowning girl was? I think you should check it out.
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-15)
Cool... But... Did your cousin really drown?
... Just wondering though
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Hello alldatassstera, did you ask your grandmother to show the photograph of the cousin she saw in her dreams getting drowned, if you had not seen her earlier. And if so, did you relate the face of the girl you saw with that cousin of yours?

But whatever you said happening after that event was not harmful. Perhaps it might be that some of the events might have been seen in the background of your experience and your grand mother's dream. Even assuming that they are paranormal, please do understand that something was trying to draw attention and nothing you said seemed to be harmful or negative.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: