You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tapping And Disappearing Objects

Real Ghost Stories

Tapping And Disappearing Objects

 

I'm going to go straight in with the story.

Since I was little I've been able to see shadow people and have experienced some a few things as I've grown up, pretty common I suppose on here. But for the past couple of months its becoming more regular. I have so many stories to tell, but this one stands out the most.

A few weeks back I awoke to really loud tapping, which sounded like it was on the drawers I have next to my bed. It was a very distinct sound and it sounded very close to where I was laying. The tapping sounded like it was trying to keep in tune with music or something? On the drawers I keep a necklace chain and a photo which belonged great granddad who sadly passed away a few years ago.

Strangely I awoke that morning to find them missing. I asked everyone who lived in my house if they had seen them, but they hadn't.

Every night that week I'd wake up around 4-4:30am to that tapping. It would last around 3-4 minutes and would be repetitive, but every night it seemed as if it was getting louder and louder. On one of the nights I woke up my boyfriend to see if he could hear it, but as he woke up it stopped.

On about the 9th day of waking up to this tapping I woke to see a figure near the end of my bed, not moving but just standing there. The figure, however, didn't look like the shadow person I see normally. I blinked but the figure was still there, but I didn't feel the slightest scared. I felt almost calm and relaxed, but as I blinked again they were gone.

That morning I woke to find the necklace chain and picture back where they were before.

Do you guys think it could of been my Great Granddad?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EmilyGeorge_xo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Shadow People are the spies for Demons?

(My Opinion Here) What about those spirits that have not gathered enough energy to manifest as anything more than a shadow?

Or maybe the spirit has choosen to appear as a shadow?

The point I am trying to make is just becasue its 'dark' or a 'shadow' does not make it 'evil'. Our best 'measure' of just what 'intentions' a spirit has for us should be 'our gut'...Not the 'fear' response we get when dealing with the 'unknown'...but the 'feeling' FROM the spirit... Often not understood until we really think about the experience. Sure the unknown scares us... We try to hide or even run from things like this... But the O/P said it...

"but the figure was still there, but I didn't feel the slightest scared. I felt almost calm and relaxed,"

This is not a feeling something 'evil' can 'give off' or make us feel... As pretty as they want to 'dress themselves up' their true natural cannot be hidden.

I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Respectfully,

Rook
EmilyGeorge_xo (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Thanks for your response guys, to answer the questions asked; yes the draws were on the side of my bed and the necklace did belong to him, it was a cross necklace. He was buried with the cross and I was given the chain.

The tapping has continued, however its not as often.

I've experienced many paranormal things, since I can really remember. Mediums and spiritually gifted people do run in my family as my Auntie is a medium herself.

I am hoping this was my Great Granddad, however I will be cautious.

I'll be sure to post some more experiences when I get the time❤
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
It sounds like it to me- but then again you never know. Sometimes a bad spirit (demon) can mimic a person to try and draw them in and of you see shadow people I would be leery of that. Shadow people are spies for demons. They are their eyes when the demon is not physically there. So it could have been your grandfather, but if it was- why wouldn't he show his face? Even though you weren't scared- I would be cautious. A demon can appear to be anything- and they like to appear friendly and non-threatening at first. Just be careful. ❤
outofboxthinker (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
hey,
When you said shadow person was that a grammer mistake or on purpose, just wandering.
jyoti-mj (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Spirits can be very deceptive so I am not sure that whether you should assume it to be your great grandpa but I would suggest you to please never acknowledge it... That can really put you in trouble
I would suggest you one more thing which I suggested to another girl having the ability to perceive spatial energy like you " There are very few of us who can sense energy in its ethereal form. I too can do that and not only that I can actually draw strength from nature, mostly from earth and air. That helped me shield myself from negative energies. I believe even you could harnes it because you will need it. We can not only sense those vibes but we also draw them. Most people like us loose their abilities with age but for some it gets stronger. If your is getting strong then you need to be prepared what might come."
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Hi Emily

I too believe that it was your Great Grandad, just popping in to let you know he is ok or to see if your're ok.

I think I have had visits from past family members and it seems that they are there when you need them most.

If you hear the tapping or see the figure again maybe try saying out loud to it that you are ok and that he is free to move on now.

Thanks for the story.
Xxxx
tawa (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Hi Emily,

I reckon it was your great grandfather. My gut feeling is that talking the necklace is was his way of trying to tell you to something but I don't know for sure. Maybe as Tweed said it just him telling you he's here.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-13)
Hi Emily and welcome.

Because you weren't scared the last time, and your photo and necklace had returned I'd believe it was your Great Grandad. Though I haven't a clue if it was he who took them or why. Perhaps he was a prankster in his life and this was like him anyway? Or maybe his way of letting you know he was around.
The tapping sounded polite and, because it stopped when you woke your boyfriend, I'd say it was him and he only wanted to get your attention.
Were the drawers which were tapped on your side of the bed?
Did the necklace belong to him at some point? Does it have any other significance to your Great Grandad?

If nothing's happened since it was probably his way of letting you know he's still around keeping an eye on you. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: