You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Think There's A Girl In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

I Think There's A Girl In My Room

 

I'm a 21 year old girl and I believe I'm haunted. Haunted isn't really the right word for it since I don't feel any sense of dread or any fear whenever this entity is close to me. I think it's a ghost of a little girl. This has never happened to me before so any advice and opinions will be helpful.

It started a while ago when both my sisters started complaining about my room. They think it's scary for some reason. I never understood why, it's a bright room with a big window where the sun shines in. Soon I began to feel cold spots and cold breezes touching my face even though my door and window was closed, especially at night. Things like that begun happening often, basic things like lights flickering shadows in the corners of my eye and moving cold spots. I often feel watched but it feels like whatever is watching me is only curious and wants to see what I'm doing.

One of my two real encounters was when I woke up at 2 am to go get a drink of water. I have to pass my 8 year old sister's room to get to the kitchen, and when I do I hear a sob. I freeze in my tracks and listen. Two more sobs. I thought it was my little sister who had woken up and gotten scared of the dark or something. I walked in and asked if she was okay and if she was scared. She wasn't in her room. The room was empty (she sometimes sleep with my parents if she get's scared) and I darted out of there, shutting my door tight. I laid back to sleep and a feeling of guilt rushed over me for some reason. Like I had left a sad child all alone in the dark. I went up and opened my door a crack and the feeling disappeared.

My other encounter was very recently and I would like to hear what you guys think of it. I was drifting off to sleep when something woke me. This part is hard to explain, it has never happened before. It was like my mind woke up but my body was sound asleep. I could move but my body couldn't. I don't know how else to explain it. It was completely dark and all I heard was a low sound.

I have tinnitus so hearing a shooo-ing in my ear is nothing unusual. However, hearing laughter is. I heard a laughing in my head and it got louder and louder. Nothing malicious, just someone laughing. I mentally asked, "Is anyone there?" and I heard a little girl's voice say, "I'm here!" I got so startled by this I physically yelped. The little girl's voice said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" and I replied, "I didn't mean to yell, I'm sorry too" but by that point I had woken up for real and was talking into thin air.

I don't know what or who this is. Maybe it's all in my head, I don't know. I would really like some help understanding this, so if anyone have an opinion I would love to hear it. Thank you for reading.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheScientist, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheScientist (1 stories) (2 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-06-20)
[at] Tweed Thank you so much! I think a lot of people over react to things that seem paranormal, and unless it starts to bother me I see no reason to think it's a bad spirit either. 😊 I'd like to think it might be some old relative looking after me or just something over all positive ❤

[at] DongMaster Thank you for your input but I think you should stick to your profession, which appears to be dongs. 😊
DongMaster (guest)
-3
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Flickering lights, cold spots, crap like that easily be explained away and shouldn't automatically be assumed to be paranormal.

Shadows at the edge of your vision is like a staple of horror stories and movies, simply because it's impossible to prove either way. Simply put, it's not a reliable indicator of a haunting.

Further, kids being afriad of a room or something isn't that unusual. Kids aren't exactly the most reasonable people ever.

Hearing things, especially when you admit to having a degenerative ear diease isn't a surprise at all. As a matter of fact, I believe there's something similar to image matraxing, but insteaf it involves sounds.

Waking up paralized isn't new, it's a fairly common thing that happens to most people at some point in their life, it's called sleep paralysis. You were most likely still in REM sleep mode and dreaming, it's not unusual for people to have audio and visual hallucinations while under the effects of sleep paralysis.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Hi Scientist and welcome to YGS.

Firstly I love your attitude, I somewhat shook my head in disbelief at some of the comments.

Anyway, I agree with you to leave her be, since she seems nice enough. A thought about her crying when your sister wasn't there, perhaps she felt abandoned by your sister sleeping in your parents room.

I think your other experience was a bit of sleep paralysis mixed with an actual encounter. That you did make contact and communicate with, maybe the same girl, as well as hearing other ghosts. You have a natural talent it seems!

I'd love to read about the ukelele, Pink Floyd, cartoon activity if you're willing to submit it. Sounds like a lot of fun all that!
TheScientist (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for your support, your advice and your time! It means a lot to me. Some of you suggested a cleansing and blessing of my home. So far this entity hasn't been of any annoyance and I don't want to anger it IF it would turn out to be anything stronger. I move out this fall too so unless it follows me I think I'll leave it to it's business.

Some suggested sleep paralysis and that thought have crossed my mind too. However, I lack the symptoms (such as dread, pressure on my chest etc.) so if anything I'd guess some loose form of lucid dreaming.

And if I'm possessed the "demon" seems to enjoy playing ukulele, Pink Floyd and cartoons so I'm pretty chill with that! 😉

Thank you all so much for your time and opinions! ❤
vanessamarie223 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Hi sweetheart, the best thing I would advise you to do is, that although I don't think this is a negitive or harmfulspirit I would try to let her know that she has passed on and needs to move on. That she is not welcome. I only say this because not all spirits are negitive but because negitive spirits can and will pretend to be something there not, such as a little girl to be welcomed into your home and your life. Also, I recommend getting the house blessed or even blessing it youtself which I can email you how to do if you want, just to be sure that nothing negitive is in or comes in. I wish you luck and hope you find the answers your looking for.
Lucas_mclerie (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
the word your are looking for is possessed
Other than that, good story 😁
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Hello TheScientist!

I have the same experience as yours, and it is called sleep paralysis. I have experienced it many times. There's a scientific explanation regarding that. When you have sleep paralysis, your pancreas are currently bleeding or swelling that causes your body to immobilized and causes you to hallucinate. But sometimes, being unable to move while your mind is wide awake might be caused by an evil spirit. It is hard to identify though.

Anyways, thank you for sharing your story!:)
AnonChap (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
If what you are saying is true, try finding out your home's history (maybe if there was something else other than a residential building like a cemetary, an hospital or a mental asylum, a death news in the past (murder/suicide/torture) or something else. Don't try to let her dominate you, in any case or you will be ending up, possessed. If the home you're presently living in has been resided by your family since the beginning (since it was constructed), you ask the girl's name and compare the name with one in your family tree (the name she tells you might be her nickname as she died at a young age, so you may have trouble finding her). If she really replies you, always bid a happy bye-bye to her. Remember, even though she is a small girl's spirit (I don't refer a spirit as 'it'), she may get a bad temper, so have a talk with your parents. If you're reluctant to talk to then, record videos/audios of what you're about to do and why you are doing it (details help really). Incase you're harmed, enough of evidence should be there for your parents. If she's friendly, keep enough distance with her because you don't see who you're talking to (maybe you first talked to the girl and then to an incubus!:p).
If you're sure she is a bad spirit, cleansing can be done. Though it is temporary, it somewhat helps. Alcohol should be strictly prohibited (in your room) : no deos, no perfumes, no alcoholic items as they attract bad spirits. Before bathing, cover yourself in a robe/towel from torso to your knees and pray somethjng similar to this, "I bathe for the cleanliness of the being created by the Almighty God". Get an audio player (well smartphones are a big yes, but who knows of she throws it;D), download 'Ruqya' and play it in a normal volume. Ruqya is a set of strong verses from the Quran (I'm not Islamic, but for me it proved it is great for keeping bad spirits away).
More details can be kept for your spirit encounters according to moon phases, time at what the encounters are more.

Best wishes for your future,
Anon Chap.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: