You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In My Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In My Dreams

 

Firstly, I'm into supernatural or paranormal things but there's a story behind that. Before I was never a fan of these things, I was like most people, the ones who used to ignore these things and pretend as if they never existed. I also forgot to mention that I'm new to this site. Here's my story...

When I was a little girl, at the age of 12, in Guyana there was a time in every the years when ghost would show themselves and roam the lands of the county to many Guyanese it was known as "Peter pack", at the exact time of 5:00 pm everyone in my family would normally be inside their homes in fear of seeing anything. My grandma would always make sure all of us are in the house, I was curious about this season because I didn't believe in these things, I was always the stubborn one.

One day when she was counting and making sure all of us were present I got away to play under a huge stir-apple tree in our backyard. I suddenly felt a strange feeling, as if something was there with me, something I couldn't see but I could've only felt. I heard a scraping noise as if someone was marking something somewhere, I turned around and saw some scratches on a tree. I got scared and was about to run when I heard a weird noise as if someone was hanging above me, I looked up in fear with tears settled in my eyes and for the first time in my life it was a ghost. It wasn't just any ghost, I saw her every time around this season in my dreams. It was a young girl about my age. She had on a blue blouse with short black hair, her face was disfigured, it was burned. I would only see her eyes but they were closed.

I ran to my granny and cried for help. She was worried because she knew I was missing, I told her my experience and she looked at my father. I demanded to know who that girl was and I got my answer. My granny told me that before we had bought the place it used to be a "go- go dancing club" and that girl I saw was the owner's daughter whom was killed in a fire buy one of the customers because he tried to rape her and she managed to escaped it so he burned her then hanged her under that tree.

Then that following night I saw her in my dreams, she told me that she wasn't going to hurt me but she was only trying to tell me her history. I still see her now and then but this time without fear.

Other hauntings by unforgivenangel

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unforgivenangel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ae1991 (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-06)
Hey Unforgivenangel,

What a story! I am a producer for a storytelling show that is based in the U.S. I am interested in having you tell your story on our show. But I have to ask you some questions first.

Email me? Adizah [at] snapjudgment.org
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Well Guyana's population is about 40 % descendants of East Indian migrants, so it should not be surprising that they would have many of the same rituals/ceremoies. However Guyana also had a large influx of Chinese labourers. They have a 'hungry ghost month' during which they believe the ghosts can 'get you' if you are caught outside after dark. Literally "hungry ghost", is the Chinese translation of the term preta in Buddhism - 'Peter' 'preta' sound similar. Just as Pak is close to Paksh. I think my theory that somehow these became entwined into something combining the 2 beliefs (Peter Pak) might fall apart as to time. Hungry Ghost is in July/August, and Pitra paksh is Sept./October (I think). However, unforgiven's description does seem to lean more towards the Chinese influence.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Valkricry,

The Link had some great information... But I have to agree with Akshayy concerning their comment...

This seems to involve 14 days (a fortnight) of praying for peace for the souls who have 'crossed over'.

It does not seem to involve wandering spirits... Unless the prayers are helping to keep the spirits from being restless but from the description offered in the link the prayers are more to 'apease' the god (s) so that they will "forgive the souls of their departed ancestors (for any wrong doings)."

Anyway, that's how I understood the artical.

Thanks for the link...

Respectfully,

Rook
Akshayy (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Exactly sheetal its 'Pitra Paksha' something our stuff in India... When we pray for peace of the souls of our ancestors... But I wonder that it has to do anything with that little girl's spirit in guyana 😲
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Hey Valkricry Thanks for the link... So this is a kind of Pitra paksh we do here in India...?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
unforgivenangel,

I think many people are not getting results on 'Peter pack' becasue that is not what its really called in Guyana, is there another term for it? Also what are the months this happens during this may help us find more information on this tradition.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
unforgivenangel (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
[at] Abhijeet. These things most people choose not to talk about because they hardly believe in them. There are a few links I can tell you for sure but its hard to find and sadly I don't have any. 😊
unforgivenangel (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
i have seen her both ways that day was the first time I saw her in reality. I still do
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
I completely believe your story and liked it... I am sorry for that little girl

I have a few doubts in my mind about your story, please help me to clear them
1) You said that the ghosts roam at a particular months in Guyana at 5:00pm, then I am wondering how can be there no links to story?

2) Have you seen that girl again in reality? Not in dreams
unforgivenangel (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
thank you so much guys. Sheetal i'm so sorry to say but there isn't any link really to it because people refuse to talk about it
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Unforgivenangel,

Thank you so much for telling your story! I'm soo glad you no longer fear her and that you were okay with her wanting you to know what she went through.
I know it's a tradition where you're from, but it is quite funny that you, a non-believer, saw a ghost when you were supposed to be inside hiding from them I love that! 😆

Thanks again for sharing, take care.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Hey Unforgiveangel... I am feeling sorry that little girl! I want to know more about Peter pack... Can you send me some interesting link... I searched it but didn't find any satisfactory website...

Thanks in Advance 😁
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
Welcome to YGS, Unforgivenangel. Thank you for sharing your story. I wonder, have others encountered this girl? Given the circumstances of her death, it sounds like it would be a powerful haunting, so possibly seen by others. Just wondering. Thanks for sharing.

Hecate

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: