You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts in the House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts in the House

 

My nephew Jason told me one time that he seen a ghost in their house out at Rig, WV where they lived as he was growing up. Now Jason

is much older now but, this is what he told me about that one day. He said he had seen a ghost of a pilgrim standing in the bathroom.

Now, this house has been standing for many years and I'm most sure it was there back in the civil war days and slavery.

Some of the nights I stayed out there I felt like someone was breathing over me at nights. I would automatic freeze and wouldn't move and I would keep the light on in that bedroom all night. Another ghost story I have for you is it all happened when my older sister's husband brought these dead man's clothes home with him and my sister seen this black figure disappear in the walls of what was once a bedroom, now it is part of the living room and now my younger sister and her husband live there today so, I'll have to ask her if she experience any ghost while living there.

Has anyone experience anything like this before?. What did you do at the time? Do you all think ghost could talk to you or not and if they did would you talk back to them or would you be scared and run away from them?.

I'm from Moorefield, WV Hardy County.

Eston

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eston L. Cullers II, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Stacers (2 stories) (17 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
The breathing thing? Oh yeah many times many skepitcal friends tell me its my breath bounceing off the sheet I hide under at night. But the only flaw with their theory is that the breath I feel is icy and very cold so it couldn't be mine right? I've tested this many times and always come up with the same conclusion: Theres a spirit in my room breathing on me.

Talking to spirits is a good thing it can help not only you calm down but it can help the spirit kind of like counsuling to help them move on. Although npot all spirits are ready and most are reluctant to leave this earth behind because some are scared of what lie ahead for them not knowing what's in the beyond sometimes is a bit much for some spirits to handle. But anyway try getting a good voice recorder and askinng the spirits in the house why they are there and what their names are you would be suprised what you can find. 😉
codyluver1523 (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-23)
i have acually I've seen someone standing in my room bye the door every night its creepy so I have excperist things like you
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
What can I say that Abby has not already? Nothing, really. That is some good, sound advice. Basically, if you are uncomfortable (as in every other situation in life) do not do it. There is no unwritten law that states that it is imperative for all living beings that have come in contact with a ghost or spirit to communicate with it. None.
Personally I would be curious who it was and if there was something that could be done to help it get to the Land of Many Summers, but I do not have practical knowledge on how to do that. So I would have to call in the experts. Thank you.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Dear Eston L. Cullers II,

You may wish to read many of the articles, other stories and comments similar to your ghost story on this site and sister sites. This may be helpful in answering your questions.

Generally, I "feel" them. If they feel negative I firmly tell them they are not welcome and tell them with great and strong intention to leave. Otherwise, if I feel a positive to trusting feeling about them, I will ask them what they want and they show me or deliver to me a personal message, a message for another or a warning for myself or others. Most all will leave and no longer visit me after the message has been delivered, unless I have interpreted it incorrectly or have not delivered the message in its complete form.

I would suggest talking to a non-living entity only if you are a person who can move past your fears of such entities or paranormal experiences, as well as that you are a person who is strong in your belief in yourself and your own personal spiritual beliefs and awareness.

As for dead people's clothes or another's belongings and material objects, I choose carefully what comes into my environment with the use of my intuition or inner gut feelings. I cleanse all that I have not personally chosen or that have had prior use by others whether living or non-living.

It is always up to you and all persons to decide and choose how to react or not react to such paranormal experiences.

It is my hope that this has been of some help to you.

Blessings, Abby
alove488 (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
spooky. I have one story. Check it out. Its about an encounter with another species with my grandfather ❤
GhostTalker13 (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
I've honestly never been in a situation like this. I have talked to ghosts before, and I've talked to them myself, I've never run away unless the ghost is too scary to look at. I think that maybe your husband and sister should talk to the ghost or anything if they see it. If they don't it might be dangerous... It could. 😐 So give it a try.

Love Hope Faith Alyssa

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: