You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Child Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Child Ghost

 

I was six years old at the time. Our house was three stories with the second floor being rented out. My brother Mark and I were to sleep on the third floor which had three bedrooms. After saying goodnight to our parents, I ran up the steps alone. Mark was still in the living room talking.

When I reached the top step of the third floor, I saw a very young girl around the age of four or five sitting on my bed. She was dressed in a white frilly dress. Her hair was long and curly with a large white bow on top of her hair. We didn't speak we just looked at each other. After standing and staring I turned and ran down the stairs to get my parents. My older brother was at the bottom of the stairs when I told him a girl was sitting on my bed. He said he would run her off thinking she may be living on our second floor. I never went further than the bottom of that first flight of stairs. She was gone, never coming down the steps. I told my parents about the young girl, they said no children were living on the second floor. Nothing was ever said again.

Fours years later I was playing in a bedroom on the second floor, which no one slept in because it was always cold. My mom was giving my twin sisters a bath when the bed lifted off the ground and started to shake. I started laughing thinking my two brothers were doing this to me. I leaned over the bed after it was lowered to the ground and lifted up the bed covers. No one was under the bed. I didn't tell anyone until five years ago.

The family had gathered for Thanksgiving dinner when I told my story about the bed being raised off the ground. To my surprise Karen, my younger sister had experienced the exact same occurrence in that cold bedroom. She never told anyone until that night. My mom moved out when I turned twenty one. I don't know why I was able to see the little girl but I have never forgotten her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kathleen mastin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Interesting indeed! I know this is an old experience, but it's still very interesting. And the raised bed especially calls out to me. Very spooky.
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Loved the story! 😊 I liked the way you went straight to the point ❤ Great!

I have to say I remember once when I was lying in bed (wide awake) then all of a sudden my bed began to shake like there was no tomorrow! My sister was asleep and was completely oblivious to what was happening! I never tell my mum or dad ANY of my experiences anymore, my mum thinks I'm crazy, so I joined this website, and thankfully I have people who believe me!

Have you experienced anything else, in your new home? Have you seen the little girl since you wrote this story!? I hope you can look back on these experiences and think yourself lukcy. You got to experience things that no one else may ever experience! 😊

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS!

-ghostlover6678 XxXx
EVPxHUNTERSx10 (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
This is a very interesting story I like it a lot I would like to come there and investgate if you ould let me I would like to see if I could communicate with her and see what is going on. If you want to know more msg me back or visit our website and msg back. Thanks Justin
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
i think she just wanted a friend or wangted to visit her home she had in the pastdont be afraid of her as for the cold bedroom maybe that's where she passed away maybe its her domain and she likes it there fore she is always in it making it cold. God bless you
rebeccad (13 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-11)
with the room being cold and no one really stayed in the room, there is a possibility the bed could have done this every day without you knowing it. I would call this a negative energy. Most positives don't go lifting the bed and scaring you.
donnac50 (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
kathleen I believe I went to school with you and I've been in your house and I know the strange things that's happened there hope to hear from you soon
bardsidhe (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
Seems that Room was the Girls Room, well in life, I think she was lonely and just reaching out to you and your sister.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
WOW that's a good story! Xx have you any more experiences with her now? Xx
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
Thank you, Kate, for your story. Amazing how one small voice can say so much. Your sister (and you) would never had known you both shared the same experience at different times had you never spoken up. I wonder what else the two of you could have shared? Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Good story Kate. I think the girl lived in that room. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Dear kathleen mastin,

You may wish to do some back research on the history of the house and past residents.

Your entity seemed to be quite powerful in manifestation to lift a bed off the ground and shake it.

Many times members of families who do not believe in ghost or spirit manifestations as a whole family unit will not tell each other of their paranormal experiences due to fear of ridicule or not being accepted by the family. This is true of society as a whole too. It only takes one family member or person to lead the way with their own personal story experience and then others will follow, like an overflowing dam, others' will also step up to tell their own true paranormal story.

You saw the female, child ghost, because that is the way you have chosen to use your senses to be in contact with the other side.

Blesssings, Abby
alove488 (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
I love it! ❤ this story is truly amazing. Is it made up or real? 😨 tell me soon!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Often children can experience, see and hear things that adults cannot. They are not jaded by the world views and expectations as of yet.

Do you have any idea of the history of the house?

thanlk you for sharing!
God Bless!
osavith (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
thats creepy little ghost children I think that's one ghost encounter I never want to happen to me, not because its scary just creepy!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Thanks Kat for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: