You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Occupational Hazards Of A You Tube Narrator

Real Ghost Stories

Occupational Hazards Of A You Tube Narrator

 

My story actually begins a few months ago when I decided to make a You Tube channel where I narrate scary stories. I seemed to know so many people who had a story to tell so I went for it and ended up with the name Creepy Battenberg.

With the help of a good friend I soon had stories coming in from around the world. Particularly fascinating was the story of one lady who we will call Jane who lives in Australia. She has had so many strange experiences from recalling a past life as her grandfather's sister to fleeing an extremely haunted apartment she lived in as an 18 year old.

One of her most interesting stories was when she helped a man named Anthony Quinata. Anthony is the owner of a doll named Harold. Harold is an allegedly haunted doll so this really piqued my interest after hearing the stories of Robert and Annabelle two other famous haunted dolls.

She had taken an interest in Harold after watching the Island of the Dolls episode of Ghost Adventures. She joined the group on facebook where discussions take place about Harold. There is a lot of uncertainty involving the origins of the doll and Anthony is continually trying to piece together its history. He found that it's possible the doll may have originally came from Australia. This is where Jane came in as she volunteered to help as Anthony is based in The States.

As Anthony picked up leads he would ask her to go and investigate over in oz. It could be anything from someone coming forward saying that they had a doll that looked a lot like Harold when they were younger or they knew someone else who did.

To cut a long story short as Jane was helping Anthony she began having crippling stomachaches and blinding headaches as did her eldest son who would actually vomit because of it. Hospital tests were to follow and her and her son were both given a clean bill of health. At the same time her son was troubled by visions of a boy with no face that would prevent him sleeping at night. In the end she had to withdraw from helping Anthony and everything stopped.

I decided that her story was a fascinating one and did three episodes of scary true tales detailing her experiences, the third and final one telling of her experiences with Harold (if anyone is interested in hearing the episodes mention in the comments and I will provide the links).

When I told Jane I would include her experiences with Harold she said that she would be surprised if nothing strange or frightening happened whilst working on the Harold episode. There are numerous reports of people suffering headaches, stomachaches and having terrifying paranormal experiences whilst merely reading Anthony's book about Harold or even just visiting the website.

I suspected that many of the physical symptoms were psychosomatic in nature although I won't discount all cases outright. I was interested to see if anything did happen and was almost expectant over the first few days. I soon forgot though and went happily about my business until one Thursday night after returning from a relative's house.

It was bedtime for my two children, aged four and two, and I left them both playing with their toy trains in the dining room as I went upstairs to grab their PJ'S. On my way downstairs I stopped and talked to my wife who was doing some housework upstairs. I was looking down when I saw my daughter open the yard door and walk into the yard, my two year old son followed behind her. As I shouted down "hey what are you two doing" my son shut the door and waved saying bye. I quickly ran down to get my daughter back out of the yard as I didn't want her outside so late although I wasn't particularly worried as she would not have gotten far in that time.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, out of the corner of my eye I saw my daughter sitting on the floor still playing. Thinking one of the neighbours' children had entered and then left I quickly looked into the yard but found no child present and our gate was still latched and too high for a child of my daughter's height to reach.

My wife, who came to the top of the stairs, was not in time to see what appeared to be my daughter walking out the door but did see my son shut the door and wave bye. I sat down and explained to her that I saw our daughter walk out the door so was puzzled to see her there. At this my daughter became upset thinking I was giving her wrong and started crying saying "daddy I did not go outside".

I won't lie. I immediately thought of The Doll especially after the warning from Jane and reading the testimonies of others. It was as if another entity had impersonated my daughter. After feeling initially reluctant I included this experience as a sort of footnote at the end of my video.

One more thing happened a few days later just after I had uploaded the Harold episode to you tube. My wife had been out with her friends and on coming in a draft blew open the bedroom door. She said "oh hello Harold". I chastened her for making a joke as I had previously warned that a lot of people who make jokes about him often find that something happens, ranging from having an accident to supernatural type experiences. She went downstairs and collected some supper from the kitchen and as I heard her come back up the stairs I heard a sort of noise like small metallic objects rattling. She asked me if I heard it as it had come from just behind her and seemed to follow her up the stairs.

I walked up and down the stairs before running up and down the stairs to see if I could recreate the noise but were unable to. Luckily nothing happened since and I have put it behind me.

If anyone is interested in hearing the testimonies of other people on their experiences with Harold there is a closed group on facebook which you can join by request. There is also a website haroldthehaunteddoll[dot]com.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my story!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CreepyBattenberg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
Thank you again Romanreigns! The Harold page on facebook is a great place to see what is happening with the doll, Anthony regularly updates it. I shall have a look for you on facebook my friend!

By the way you were correct about me having a cold at the time I made the video ha ha:-)
romanreigns (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
luckily nothing has happened after that and now I am a joined member of harold the haunted doll and also fb freind with anthony quinata. He said to me that doll is really haunted and not all get the heating sensation. I have watch your video on yt and I must say you have put really good effort though in that episode you seems like affected by cold. What I think is that you should send me friend request on my fb account Vinit Grover, I have pic of 5 moons, you can easily find that on fb. Because I think we both are interested in paranormal and we can discuss about same on fb.
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
Romanreigns that is very interesting that you should get a scratch on your back suddenly! Of course it may be as you say that you had done it earlier somehow. Did you feel any burning sensations on your back when the scratch manifested?
romanreigns (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-19)
After watching the story via the link provided by you. All I want to say is that only a scratch mark appear on my back all at the sudden. May be that was all my fault but nothing has happen after that. And I am sure cause I live miles away from that creepy doll, my country is India. But that scratch, where the hell that scratch come from...
romanreigns (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-19)
OK now I am downloading a you tube video named as harold give the answers of my question. Its 6:47 in the evening. So I will tell you latter if all that was true or not.
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-16)
Allesgute thank you I will have a look at that link, it sounds like one scary film!

I wouldn't blame you for not looking at my video my friend!
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-16)
Thank you sheetal! Its worth looking into! Harold is one of the most unsettling things I have ever looked into. I put it up there with The Mothman/Indrid Cold. Be warned that a lot of people are affected by merely looking into the Harold story. Look at myself and one of the replies on here.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-16)
Hello. This is very creepy. I'm from India and this reminds me of a Marathi film 'Zapatlela' in which an evil spirit takes over a doll and unleashes terror: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zapatlela

But this narration of yours is so creepy, I don't have the guts to check out the video. I believe you nevertheless.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-16)
Hi, Creepybattenberg... This is something creepy... Never heard about this... Def going to check and read more:)
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Nearly scared the crap out of me Creepy but I was laughing so hard at his reaction, I nearly wet myself! Destination Truth was the best paranormal show...ever!
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Amzu15 I must point out that the jane in my story is different to the one in Anthony Quinata's.

Oh and did I say I wouldn't be immersing myself in Harolds story anymore? Famous last words from me, I was contacted by Anthony on sunday night to help him with something relating to Harold.

Just when I thought I was out lol:-)
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Babygoatpuller that's really freaky! Kind of funny though, I will have to watch it, it sounds awesome!

The Island of the dolls episode was the first ghost adventures I watched in about three years due to my interest in Harold and really got me back into it:-)
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Island of the dolls was also on Destination Truth. Josh Gates was investigating the stories about the dolls and while he was in a small lean-to with a bunch of the dolls hanging from everywhere, he walked up to one of them, got close to the face and looked at the camera and said, "If this doll opens it's eyes, I'm going to s__t myself" or something to that effect. He looked back at the doll and it opened it's eyes.

I don't know if he s__t himself, but he did scream like a little girl! 😆
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
Rook it is indeed the same doll as I mentioned in the Story Thanks for reading. Heres the link for my video if you want to check it out https://youtu.be/z8Q_M0dghZk

LianaKathryn I found a website that has no actual pictures its https://www.wattpad.com/23340017-true-stories-of-haunted-dolls-5-harold-the-doll

CB:-)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Folks,

This is the same doll featured on the Ghost Adventures episode of the 'Island of the Dolls'. (An island in the canals near Mexico City)

I believe only two paranormal teams have actually investigated Harold 'himself' with mixed results.

Respectfully,

Rook
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Amzu15 harolds is a very interesting story albeit one I will follow from afar rather than immersing myself in it the way I did when I was working on the video.

Thank you for reading my story!:-)
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Oh and sorry I forgot, I'm not sure about any websites without pictures but I will have a look for you.
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Hi LianaKathryn thanks for reading! I have never been in any actual contact with the doll. I have only ever seen pictures of him online. My only contact with Harolds owner Anthony is through e mail and facebook.

The story is that there could be as many as five entities trapped within the doll. There is a painting by a lady who was allegedly visited by these entities. In her drawing was three children, one was a boy and has a shadow like entity chained to him. The last entity is another dark figure much taller than the rest and lurking over them all.

There are many people who have claimed to have some sort of paranormal visitation without ever having physically been near it. Opposite ends of the world in fact.

Thanks again for reading i'm glad you enjoyed it:-)
Amzu15 (19 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Great story! I believe your story. I knew about the Annabelle doll and other hauntings beforehand. But not harold. After reading your story I searched about it. I even found about jane, the current owner, the haunting with the eBay seller who sold the doll, the deaths etc. And a blog which said some people have suffered because of reading it. I took my chance. And I am safe and nothing happened. Thank God.!xx
lianakathryn (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-05)
hello!
I think it is quite strange that you were never visited by the actual doll. Did you ever see the doll in person? Or was it just pictures and videos? Or Maybe the doll chooses just to be seen as a spirit, and not a doll. This doll is very interesting, and I was wondering if you knew any other websites (preferably without pictures) This is a very interesting post. Good job!
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-05)
Caz that's a wise decision! I was warned myself and being quite grounded it didn't worry me too much. I like to think i'm a little wiser now.:-)
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-05)
I most certainly will CB! I've come across too many weird things to rule out anything, so I'd rather not take any chances! Thanks again! 😁
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-05)
Thank you caz! I'm pleased you enjoyed reading the story! If you want to avoid the H Doll on my channel stay away from scary true tales episode 9;-)
Caz (342 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-05)
Great story CB! Thanks for sharing and will definitely look forward to any more you care to share! I'll probably pay your site a visit, but I won't be asking for that link anytime soon! 😜
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
YeseGrey 15 thanks! I definitely don't think it was a coincidence, there's so many people have experienced so many different things with harold, none of them good!

You should share your experience with Harolds owner Anthony. He would be very interested in hearing about what happened to you.

Take care my friend:-)
YeseGrey15 (20 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
Forgot to mention that when I went to the website, immediately felt uneasy and I had a brief nose bleed once I finished reading the first pages of the book.
Coincidence? I THINK NOT! 😨 😭
YeseGrey15 (20 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
Excellent story! I deff believe. If the skeptical people that are commenting actually do their research on the dolls they will see that the dolls and stories are legit.
May Jehovah bless you have a good one. 😁
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
WillowWaly thanks for reading my story! Theres no need to be sorry for being skeptical there's no way to know if anyone is telling the truth or not so I don't blame you.

And yes you are quite correct about there being a movie about an allegedly haunted doll named anabelle. The film is supposedly based on the true story although I have never seen it and the doll in the film bears little resemblance to pictures I have seen of the actual doll. The one I have seen on the movie poster is deliberatley sinister looking and the actual one looks more like what I would call a raggedy ann doll.

Its easily searchable on google as is Harold if you are interested.:-)
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
sbst_gh thanks for reading my story I am glad you liked it. Some people do feel uncomfortable just looking at the website. I will be honest and say that never happened for me but everyones different and there are plenty of folks that have felt the same way you did.
CreepyBattenberg (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
Wish-not thank you I will have a read of Sophies Story, thank you!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: