You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Ghost Walking Inside Drainage Tube

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Walking Inside Drainage Tube

 

After lurking around this site ever since the same age this happened, I have finally decided to write out what happened to me 10 years ago. The following experience is my very first personal paranormal encounter, though not the only one.

When I was in 3rd grade, I lived in the city of Spring, Texas, which is a suburb about 18 miles north of Houston. The subdivision this happened in was Oak Creek Village/Olde Oaks. At one corner of the subdivision, near my house, there is a forest, and if you continue along the main path for about 10 minutes, you'll reach a clearing in which there is a small river with a large drainage tube with it's mouth opened perpendicularly to a side of the water. A neighborhood friend and his dad showed me how to get there, and I often rode my bike to the location to explore around.

One holiday weekend, my mother invited a boy in my class named Stephen to our home, as he was my only friend from school. (I went to a school outside of our neighborhood because my mom taught there, and the nearby school wasn't very good.) After playing baseball a bit, I told him about the forest, and he agreed to ride there on my scooter with me as I rode my bike.

When we got to the clearing, we slid down the grass hill to get to the river, and Stephen stepped on the rocks atop the water to enter the drainage tube as I watched from the grass nearby. About 20 seconds later, he walked out, looking quite bewildered, and said "I just heard a gunshot in there." Being a brave child, and since I hadn't heard a gunshot, I wanted to investigate, so I walked on top of the rocks and peered into the drainage tube as Stephen stood behind me, 7 or so feet away, not in vision of the inside of the tube. I had planned on walking inside the tube, but stopped because of what I saw. Inside the tube, about 50 feet away, was a glowing white figure and though fuzzy-ish, was clearly in the shape of a human, as I could make out a head, shoulders, arms, legs, and torso, though there were no details - it was only an outline of most likely a man. Unable to comprehend what I was seeing, I could only stare at it in quizzical wonder.

I started to look around the figure, but there was only darkness. It didn't appear as though anything but the figure was inside the tunnel, and no noise whatsoever could be heard, only the quiet flowing water from the river right under and behind me. I continued to stare at the figure, and saw that it appeared to be walking around within a small area, occasionally bending down, then standing back up. It seemed to be looking for something on the ground. As I continued to stare, I felt like it was gradually coming closer, at which point I realized "Isn't that a 'ghost?'" Only having heard the word mentioned a few times before, and in scary stories, I started to worry about the danger of the glowing figure before me, so I stepped back, faced Stephen, and told him what I was seeing. His eyes widened, and he told me we should get out of here, so we ran as fast as we could, and raced on my bike and scooter back to my home.

Though I remember having a small interest before, this experience is what truly got me into the paranormal, and what led me to this very site 10 years ago.

Though I've been back to the location several times after, as it is dangerous, I haven't ever stepped on the rocks leading into the tube since then. My own theory is that it was the ghost of a man who had died in the tunnel or nearby, and the gunshot was the sound of what had killed him. Though now an uninhabited and empty forest, I later found a mountain of bricks that I felt had been used to build a house in the clearing long ago.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmityAngel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
That was interesting. Love it, "Isn't that a ghost?" Don't kids do that, well, everybody does. 😊 Fun story.
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
Interesting story. Quick question about the bricks though, do you remember if they were just piled there or were they in a shape, like as part of a wall or foundation of a building?

Peace
CuriousGuy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: