You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Rommate's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Rommate's Ghost

 

This is my first time submitting a story of mine, so we will see how well I can tell mine. I never had much of any paranormal activity experiences until college when I met my roommate. This story is the experience me and him had together in our dorm room in 2013.

My roommate told me that there was something that had been following him since he was born, no matter where he went, it was there. For the first few weeks of the semester, I never thought about what he said. Then one day, I came back from class in the morning to find my dorm room door open with the deadbolt sticking out, I figured that my roommate had goofed and turned the lock before he closed it. But over the next few weeks, this kept happening.

Then one night when me and my roommate were on our computers, the door suddenly came open. I went over and shut it, and two minutes later it opened again, and again, and again until I decided to turn the deadbolt on the door. We both watched the door intensely, then after a few minutes went by, we watched the door open and saw the deadbolt going through the door frame! I don't know how to describe what it looked like.

Other things happened over the weeks, my deodorant was thrown across the room at my roommate, my clothes basket spun and fell over. My roommate said he saw a shadow outside our window one day coming back from class and it went into our room.

One morning, we went outside and nearly ran back into the dorm. One of the picnic tables had all its bolts torn from the pavement was twisted and bent, and moved halfway across the complex, and these where 3/4 inch steel bolts driven into cement. To this day the table hasn't been replaced and, despite so many cameras focusing right on that area, they still have not been able to solve it.

Then one night, we invited over one of our friends to do a paranormal investigation. We set up cameras, sound recorders, put shaving cream on the floor, all the stuff us professional amateurs do. Anyway, our friend was taunting it, making fun of it, making it mad, and you could feel the tension in the air. That was the only time I saw this thing's apparition, it quickly darted across the room and back as a black shadow. When I went to another part of the room, right at the center my hair stood up on end, and I put my hand back and forth in the area and could feel this huge static sensation.

We asked it to move something to show us it was here. We decided to turn off the lights and see what happened. The very instant I turned off the light, something fell on the floor. I turned it back on to see what it was, and it was my roommate's Axe bottle, that was sitting on the other side of the room, right between me and our friend. Afterwards, we caught a voice on the recorder. It sounded like Latin to me, and I knew a few words from the language, all I could make out was "him" "room" and I think "door".

When my roommate left, things quieted down, except for Sarah, but that's for a different story.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miranu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Miranu (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-19)
Sorry guys. Only have internet at my grandmas at the moment. Sorry for not responding. And I must have hit the opt out button on accident. I had a couple photos, but I think they're with my roommate. The table must not have been loud, we were on the first floor and we never closed our window the entire semester and the table was about 20 feet outside our window. We never woke up and we didn't notice until we went outside.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-17)
Miranu, welcome to the YGS mayhem.

If any of our comments thus far seemed disrespectful or out of line, please do not take it personally. When you submitted the story, you selected the option "I won't be participating in the discussion;" some people press it by accident while others do not want their privacy invaded and feel safer sharing the story in *relative* anonymity. Sometimes, a narrative which signifies an author does not wish to clarify his/her experience can lead to some joking around among the site's regulars in the comments; I'm certain that not one of us intended any rudeness.

Since you are reading the comments, and have apparently decided to comment intermittently, I wanted to know if anyone had taken pictures of the picnic bench with a cell phone? Such destruction would -normally- raise a hell of a ruckus; next to a dorm with students, I can only imagine that it happened silently, or someone would have filmed the event. Pictures taken the next day, however, would be interesting to see. You may wish to upload them to a free photo-sharing site and post the link to them as a comment, if you are uncomfortable answering invasive questions, and you could edit out faces or identifying features of your school for privacy *before* uploading them: it's the picnic tables in the aftermath of the inexplicable event which piqued my curiosity, after all.

If these photos (should they exist and they're available) are the only comment you post after this, It would be appreciated. If not, I honestly enjoyed reading this account and look forward to your next story.

Thanks,
Biblio.
Miranu (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-17)
The shaving cream was my friends idea, and yes, professional ametures was intended to be humorous.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
-1
8 years ago (2016-01-17)
Personally, I've rather enjoyed the comments 😊
I agree lady-glow, it is frustrating when the o/p opts out of the discussion.
"Professional amateurs", that's kind of cute. With the taunting of the spirit, I guess their 'training' came from such idiotic shows like Ghost Adventures. Sorry if someone likes that show, I just find so much coming from Zack as being ill-informed and well, showboating. Then those with little or no experience see it and think that's how to do it - *sigh* all without the slightest idea of what to do if things get ugly...
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-16)
You were lucky, Mimi:

We usually made the messes off-campus! Nothing upsets the staircase's Cleaning Staff and the Porters like having students make a mess; Porters, particularly, can carry a grudge -for decades if need be!

-Biblio.

[A clarification- a "Staircase" is rather like a vertical dormitory, within the college buildings' structures. Each college has a several, numbered Staircases which earn reputations depending upon the behavior of the current inhabitants...]
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-16)
Biblio, no one would have given it a second thought in any of my dorms. 😁
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
All I can say after reading that is: "Phew that was a close shave"
Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
Greetings, gang:

I'm sorry, but can you imagine three guys, straight-faced, carrying recording equipment and shaving cream into a dorm room without anyone leaping to the conclusion they were setting up some sort of pay-per-view webcam service? Even in the more progressive and accepting climate of NYC university life (of which, I confess, I am in favor), I doubt that such dorm room profiteering would be permitted on a campus for reasons of legal liability.

Can you imagine the conversation with the Dean of Students? "No, we're just 3 guys who were filming ourselves sitting in the dark making fun of our ghost, when the R-A stepped in, slipped on our shaving-cream covered floor, and ruined our experiment..."

Shaking my head in silent disbelief,
Biblio.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
Seraphina - I thought that as well, kind of tongue-in-cheek. As none of us are professional experts, I thought professional amateurs was funny 😆
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
I thought maybe the writer's description of their three-member group of students as "professional amateurs" was intended as humor.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Interesting story. For future reference, taunting an entity in an attempt to get a response is never a good idea. It can cause a very ugly response.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Wish-Not, some paranormal investigators use baby powder or shaving cream as a way to be absolutely positive no one has walked through an area. It's messy, but very effective.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Wish-Not - I took it to be the same as baby powder, assuming being guys they may not have baby powder on hand 😕
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Since Miranu will not be joining the discussion let me ask anyone else that has knowledge of the "professional amateurs" paranormal investigation field...

"Shaving cream on the floor"?!?!?!?!?! Same thing as the baby powder on the floor? Or is this something that might cause an entity to slip and fall there by capturing it somehow? I just never have seen or heard of it before. Any help with this will be appreciated.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
I have so many questions about your experience, but knowing that you won't participate in the discussion...
Why to bother asking?
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Well you told quite well. A scary experience. And the ghost seems to be quite violent and aggressive.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: