You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House In Olin

Real Ghost Stories

The House In Olin

 

My family and I came to live to North Carolina in February 2004, used to live in a big old house in Elkin. However due to personal reasons we wanted to move closer to Statesville, so we started looking for homes in the area and we got to Olin loop, about 20 minutes away from Statesville.

There were not that many houses there at the time it was a new neighborhood with new houses. The house we decided to live in was still in the process of being built.

The fall came and finally we moved into that house. We were so happy. It was a brand new house, new life, we would meet new people. Until one October night. I remember looking out the window and would see something running down the road back and forth. I thought it could be some crazy neighbor, I checked outside and nothing was there. This was just the beginning of many strange things that happened in that house.

One night I remember I was at home watching movies in my room, my parents were outside the neighbors' house and suddenly I heard as if someone was outside knocking on the door. Again there was no one, no wind, nothing.

As time passed I got used to this stuff happening. There were days when I had to go to sleep early, if not I would have trouble sleeping. I would hear noises outside my house as if someone were running around the house, throwing glass bottles at the house. I would hear someone or something was under the house scratching something, which of course was crazy because we had no basement.

Sometimes me and my brothers would sit and talk about it, they too had their experiences in that house. My mom would see small creatures jumping on her bed, and at times there were noises in her bathroom, the doors would close out of nowhere.

I remember at times I would just go to sleep to the living room since I felt safer there than in my room. Maybe because it was closer to my parents' room. But even there at times I would see ghostly figures staring at me.

I always thought to myself why here? If this house was brand new when we got it, why would it be haunted? I guess I will never know what was the deal there. As of now I am living in a different house, totally different area.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Barbados99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-29)
RedWolf gave us information about the land, perhaps it is some spirits from the past whom needs to flow on, let's pray for the spirits and thank them for providing the land and let those whom deserve a kick at the bottom deserver them.
I wonder how Barbados99 would think about our comments.

Blessings from São Paulo

E.Lynx
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-05-29)
Miracles
I'm sorry if this was taken to be political it wasn't meant that way. I was just stating a fact and I should have added his offer was turned down. This was way before he announced he was running for President which is a fact I also should have added. I don't watch debates or read about them so when I talk about Donald Trump I talk about him as a business man. I don't like talking politics unless it's in a satirical way. I would never debate this election either way as I said I don't like talking politics and will not answer anyone who tries to talk to me about the subject. I am steadfast about this I promise. It was just a DUH moment I didn't think about.
Regards
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-29)
If the comments in this section turn political, they will be deleted.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-29)
Barbados
You say you heard knocking on the door but when you opened it nobody was there. As a rule if you hear knocking on the door don't just open it without asking who is there first. The reason is two-fold. First if you are alone or even if family is there that's how some push in robbers work. Secondly if nobody is there it's an invitation for the spirit that knocked to enter.

You here noises like somebody is running around your house breaking bottles. Let me guess, to build the houses a lot of trees had to be knocked down to build the neighborhood. That would make nature spirits mighty mad. If in building the houses any bones were found the building would stop so archeologists could do a dig and if it were found to be an Indian burial ground they wouldn't be able to build there as it is sacred grounds. How would you feel if your ancestors were dug up and put in a mass grave? If pottery was found that would mean it was an abandoned village. What few people are taught in High School is our generous Government gave General Custer blankets infected with small pox and other diseases to give to Native Americans which he happily did, wiping out whole tribes. Then their bodies were burned in a pile with the blankets. No burial ground.

The scratching you hear could be rats, they can eat through concrete. A trapped soul is trapped for a reason and is buried far deeper then a cement foundation would go.

The small creatures your mother saw bouncing on her bed were definitely nature spirits. They mean no harm to your family but you should leave treats for them to eat and keep live plants that they would tend to.

I live on Long Island which is south east New York across the east river from Manhattan. There were nothing but Native Americans and wildlife before white men came here. There are towns named after some of the tribes. There are 2 reservations only one is recognized by the Federal Government and they JUST got this recognition within the past 5 years they were promised land that was taken away from them and were told they could build a casino but guess what greedy people want it built in another county some 60 miles away from where their reservation is. Donald Trump is one of those greedy people, he said he would build it but that would mean he would get some of the profits. Donald Trump doesn't do anything that he can't profit from.

Regards
Red
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-29)
Wow! This is very interesting!
Talking about knockings from nobody and scratches, most people will consider that as some trapped spirits. Why are they trapped? There is lots of reason, as SilverWolf77 said it could be a burial ground, also spirits needs energy to flow on, they will be trapped in certain places due to lack of energy, some will seek for help and some will end up being "an angry spirit".
Another possible reason is that your home might contain a spirit whom would like to flow on but was trapped because of some kind of protection, imagine a fly trapped inside a building surrounded by insect repels, spirits would not be able to flow on if they are in such situation, no, not insect repels, something "protective" around or at the entrance and the exits of the house, that's what I meant. If there are any of such things try to leave one of your entrances or exits "unprotected". Then clean the house as if someone special is coming over.

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-28)
Could be Native burial ground. Houses that are built on it often have strange occurrences, like the ones you describe.
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-27)
Hey there Barbados!
Nice story indeed. Thanks for sharing.

I think these things are connected to land on which the neighbourhood is built. Why don't you try to find history of land as it help most of time

If you get something do share

Shrush:)
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-27)
Quote: I would hear someone or something was under the house scratching something, which of course was crazy because we had no basement.

Even with a slab foundation, animals that dig, such as moles, can be heard scratching under a house. With a crawlspace foundation, the list of possible suspect animals goes way up.

I doubt, however, that moles, raccoons or skunks would bounce on beds.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: