You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Starnge Apartment Part I

Real Ghost Stories

Our Starnge Apartment Part I

 

I'll be starting off with my most recent experiences first. I was sitting on the living room floor browsing Netflix. As I was siting there trying to figure out what to watch, I heard a click of the a door handle being turned.

I looked up in time to see my bathroom door open by itself. I was the last one in there and know that I closed it all the way. The door only opened a crack and as I looked in from where I was sitting I couldn't see anyone or anything, it was just really dark inside. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, like a fight or flight response was about to kick in. It was only about a minute before I got up and closed the door again but it felt like I had been sitting there for about 10 minutes.

Normally I would just blow this experience off but other things have happened. My boyfriend's inhaler is constantly disappearing and reappearing. We will leave the apartment with the lights on and come home to find them off, or leave with the lights off and come home to find them on.

Whenever we come home and it's dark, as our headlights hit our apartment, we will see what looks the silhouette of a person standing right behind the blinds, but when we go in nobody will be there. Several times me and my boyfriend have grabbed the rifle and did a complete search of the house after seeing this, only to find nothing. At night it's not uncommon for us to see what appear to be shadow figures running across our living.

On top of that this is a pretty new building, but the breaker is constantly giving us trouble, even though we have had people come look at it and one guy even replaced it. Our garbage disposal broke and when the repair man came in he found pork chop bones in it but neither me or my boyfriend eat pork. We burned sage and tried to cleanse the apartment that way but it didn't work and even seemed to make something angry.

That's just some of the more recent things that have gone on. I'll be posting more on what has happened here later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hemie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-29)
Hi Hemie! Though all the rational posibilities have already given by the fellow members here, I would like to suggest you to keep Holy objects as per your believe (say crusifixes) to each and every room and see if something happens to them. If they got disturbed then you will get some idea.
My mom have tried this few month ago when I was facing something similar to what you were experiencing.

Regards
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-29)
Hemie,Welcome to Y.G.S.
I have to mirror wish-not and spiritwaings advice about changing locks and placing a video camera someplace where it has the best view without it being seen. You can even get a nanny cam to hide it in plain sight.
I've never heard of a pork chop eating ghost either so it probably came from the land lord or a repair man.
Regards
Red
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-25)
Hemie,
Hello and welcome to YGS.

First the bathroom door opening...
Was your A/C or heat on?
If its a central heat and air, the vents could have caused a suction, from the air turning on, and the door being closed.
Happens in my home often.

I agree with Wish-Not...
I would put at least one hidden camera somewhere in your apartment with a good view of the living room and hallway.

There is a possibility the apartment manager, could be coming in.I've also had that sort of trouble in the past.

Now onto the silhouette.
When you pull up and the lights hit the window, and you see what looks like a person standing directly behind them.
Does this happen everytime?
Or just occasionally?
If it happens everytime, it could very well be the way the lights reflect off of the shades,blinds,or curtains, and or something that you have placed behind them.

Not saying at all this isn't a haunting of some sort, but there could be other explanations for these occurences.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-24)
Hemie, does your bathroom have louvre windows? I'm wondering if the door may have been blown open, with the latch half closed giving the impression the handle was turned.

My thoughts are the same as Wish Not, change those locks.
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-20)
Ahoy, Hemie.

I agree with Wish-Not. This sounds a lot like someone's moving around in your house whenever it looks like you're not there - and they're mighty bad at it, if I may add. Please keep us updated.

Smooth sailing,
Mazz
XxDeathbladexX (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-20)
Did you ever ask your neighbours about your flat's history.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-05-20)
Hemie- I think I would have the locks changed to begin with. I would even consider getting a hidden camera set up somewhere in the apartment. This would eliminate the obvious of someone actually being in your apartment while you are not there.

I would also suggest keeping a journal of all the events. Some times a pattern can be revealed. One would want to include the obvious dates and times but also weather conditions, current atmosphere "mood" of everyone and details like that.

Interesting account to say the least. I just never heard of a pork chop eating ghost. Not to make light of the incident. Is it possible the bone may have been lodged on the side for a period of time and finally come free? Just things I was thinking about.

Thanks for sharing. Welcome to YGS. Will be looking for your next story Hemie.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: