You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Province House Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Province House Hauntings

 

My name is Luke. I live in a big house with my girlfriend Madison at Los Angeles. I often believed in the paranormal activity because of this one big story when me and Madison visited her grandma's house at Tacloban, Philippines.

When me and my girlfriend entered her Grandma's house, it was really simple. It was not really modern - they don't really have gadgets and electronics except the television, electric fans and air-conditioner. I only brought some clothes and one of my three cellphones since were only staying for three days.

Day one. It was 7PM and I was in the outdoor kitchen watching some TV, sitting in a old wooden chair. My girlfriend, her grandma and other visitors were having some corn boodle fight in the lawn. Suddenly, I wanted to get some mocha crackers biscuit in the dining room. When I came back to the outdoor kitchen, the television was turned off like someone invisible turned it off. The second incident that night was really creepy. I was sleeping with my girlfriend in the air-conditioned room when I started hearing noises that sounds like doorknobs.

Day two. Two strange events. Me and my girlfriend was sitting in the rocking chair napping during the boring afternoon. Her grandma was out in the farm planting potatoes (or whatever she was planting) when we heard footsteps behind the rocking chair. Suddenly Madison woke up and said, "Did you hear that?" I said "Yes." I told her about my experiences last night and she said she was hearing the same thing when we were sleeping but she ignored it and went to sleep.

When the night came we were sleeping now. It was fiesta outside and there were fireworks but we were not in a mood for the fireworks show. We were just peacefully sleeping until someone like lay down between us? Suddenly me and Madison woke up and stared at each other with scared faces. We went off the bed and saw that the middle of the blanket was wrinkled - it was impossible. Nobody could've slept between us!

Day three was the minor-est haunting. We were sleeping during that night of day three until we heard weird noises coming from the living room and indoor kitchen. We just layed down to our sleep, too scared to wake up.

Before we left, we checked the CCTV cameras (there were CCTV cameras placed on the living room, upstairs, balcony, kitchen and outdoor kitchen). We checked the time 1:00 - 3:45 AM (I'm pretty sure it was between that time stamps).

The first thing we saw was the rocking chairs in the living room started rocking and then the bed in the balcony shaking. Suddenly we checked the kitchen camera and saw that the cupboards opened and closed. The sink suddenly opened and turned off and then the bathroom door opened.

We asked her grandma's neighbors about the history of that house. One time that house was a small house and the occupants was a husband and wife named Eren and Yen. They had a 10-year-old son named Bonnie. They lived peacefully until it was blackout after a hurricane and then a candle caused to burn the house, killing the whole family.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SansTheSkeleton, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

girlInterrupted (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
I think the fact that you "Suddenly wanted some mocha crackers biscuit" was paranormal. Was it like some force stronger than your own was willing you to get the mocha cracker biscuit? It could have been a ploy by the dead people in the house to get you away from the TV so they could turn it off. I also think the neighbors were pulling your leg about the previous tenants. It seems odd that Eren and Yen would have a "son" named Bonnie.
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Tacloban City is often hit by typhoons. It's one of the most affected places in the Philippines every time a typhoon will hit Visayas area.
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Wow interesting story sans... But to be honest I'm in the same boat with the previous posters... May I ask how close your girlfriend with her grandmother is? Surely your girlfriend would know something about the 'haunting', if not by experienced maybe by stories shared by her families. What the purpose of the visit if all you and your girlfriend do is sleeping and lazing around and it was only 3 days visit. If it was me I would hang around and spend all the time with my grandmother jet leg or not. Why ask the neighbor about the history of the house rather than ask your girlfriend's grandmother directly.
Did you ask your girlfriend about the TV being turn off? Maybe one of her relatives or other visitors switches the TV off while you were getting the mocha crackers biscuit in the dining room. The second incident you heard noises that sounds like doorknobs. May I know what doorknobs sound like?...
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Luke,

Honestly, I completely understand that you spent a fair amount of time just being lazy because there is a 13-hour time difference between L.A. And the Philippines. I presume that you did more than spend 1/2 a day in the air, 3 days on the ground trying to get used to the jet lag, then another 1/2 day in the air back to L.A. Feeling disoriented by the time difference can be horrible.

As with everyone else's comments, I'm a little mystified by your story. If everyone is outside having a party, what holiday or event were they celebrating? I apologize in advance if this is a rude observation, but your statement "we were not in a mood for the fireworks show" makes no sense to me. Unless you're suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder or a migraine headache, who isn't in the mood to see fireworks? Who can honestly state "We were just peacefully sleeping" during a fireworks show? They make colossal "bang" noises, sometimes shaking buildings, and the smaller ones are outright fire-hazards. Couldn't you have sat outside in the evening breeze and watched the fireworks without getting caught up in the fiesta?

After sleeping through a massive party with explosions, you and Madison are awoken by a presence which lay down on the bed, leaving an indentation in the sheets so that "the middle of the blanket was wrinkled - it was impossible." Okay, WHAT HAPPENED NEXT? Did you just stand there waiting for it to wake up and leave? Did you tell it to get its own room? Did you decide to sleep somewhere else? People can't just leave disembodied spirits lying around all over the house, especially in bedrooms; that's just being rude to houseguests. It just seems odd that there's no follow-up to this part of your tale.

You were "too scared to wake up" on the third night, so how can you have been aware of minor noises coming from another room? Is this a miscommunication of some sort? Why did you wait until the very end of your stay to check the CCTV footage? If you'd checked it sooner, you may have been able to find accommodation in a hotel without supernatural activity.

Did Madison's grandmother have anything to say on this topic? "Oh, by the way, the dead family who lived here before are very conservative, so they may not like unmarried young people sharing a bed. Tell them to leave you alone because it's my house now and my rules! On the other hand, if a small ghost decides to join you in the middle of the night, his name is Bonny; tell him to let you sleep because he's dead now; he doesn't have to be afraid of ghosts in the dark." Did she look at the CCTV footage too? "Wow, there really *are* dead people walking around my house at night! Now I feel silly for having bought mouse traps!"

There are more questions raised by your storytelling than there are clear indications of what was going on. You certainly don't need to have all the answers, which you apparently learned in the last few hours by interviewing surprisingly well-informed chatty neighbors. It seems strange that they hadn't mentioned this to Madison's grandmother when she moved in, especially as she seems to spend her time outside growing vegetables, etc.

It would probably help everyone to get a clearer grasp of the events if you answered some of the questions posed by Tweed, Val, Miracles, and Lady-Glow.

Thanks,
Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Uh?!
Hi Luke: may I ask what kind of help do you expect to get from this forum? So far the only person in need of help in your story was your girlfriend's grandmother planting potatoes.

It seems to me that your girlfriend and you spent most of the time sleeping during your stay at her grandma's place, perhaps some of her departed ancestors went by just to check the blonde and not very helpful dude that stole their little girl's heart? 😊

Like the previous posters, I don't get the part of the CCTV in such modest dwellings... Watching the video would help to... Believe your story.

Thanks for sharing.
veilofdarkness (8 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
lol, good call Tweed! Could not have put it better myself. People sometimes add unnecessary details to their writing for whatever reason, but this one has added some inconsistencies that force me into the skeptics chair.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Sans - I read your profile and admit to being confused. Your profile says "I've only experienced a ghost haunting in the sports center I work..." and you encourage people to read it because it's, and I quote, "a big story!" but you refer to this story as this one big story. From your profile I was under the impression you have only had one paranormal experience 😕
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+5
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Sans, I'm a wee bit confused... If the home wasn't very modern or anything why did they have CCTV cameras throughout it? Like Tweed, if you were able to obtain that footage, I'd love to see it. (Personally, I'd have no clue how to do that, but then I barely understand how to use a cell phone. 😆)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Sans,

Sorry your stay in the Philippines wasn't as exciting as a big house 'at Los Angeles'. Still, maybe helping out with the planting of potatoes, or whatever, could have helped pass the time on boring afternoons and even quell any angered ghosts activated during your stay.
Did you manage to link the CCTV cameras rigged at this woman's otherwise humble home to one of your three mobile phones, the one lucky enough to go with you? If so could you upload the footage? Doing so would really put me in my place.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: