You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man Who Leaped On Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Who Leaped On Me

 

It's the first time I am writing about my experience. I hope readers would forgive the small mistakes I make.

I live with my parents and small brother in Delhi, India. My elder sister lives in a far off state, Raipur for her studies. The incident happened a few days back. My father is a very strict man. He expects us to wake up early around 4 in the morning.

An introduction to my room. My room is quite aloof than other rooms connected by a narrow corridor to the rest of the house. My bed faces the door of the room. The head of my bed stands against the wall and there are windows just on left side of it. The switch board is next to the door.

It was a usual morning when my alarm started ringing at 4:00 am. I quickly got up and dismissed it. After doing so I lay back on my bed. I was just thinking that I would not wake up early today and sleep those two hours when suddenly I heard footsteps coming into my room. I thought it was my father and muttered that I was just getting up. I squeezed my eyes and opened them to find no one in my room. (Since the window was near me there was enough light to see things.)

Thinking it was this fear of my father that played with my mind I lay still. Just as I was dozing off to sleep a man leaped upon me. He leaped in such a manner that his hands caught my legs. I got really frightened and thinking it was my father I cried, "Sorry! I was just getting up". I was kicking my legs wildly. But the grip was really strong. I could feel the man's weight upon myself.

Hearing me scream, my parents came rushing into my room only to find me hysterically kicking in air and screaming at no one.

There are many things I have considered before calling it a supernatural event.

1. I was wide awake.

2. The person leaped upon me from the side of my head. That is pretty impossible as I mentioned above my bed stands against a wall at the head.

3. The man was really strong. I feel it was a man because of the extraordinary grip.

4. There was no one when my parents entered the room. How can something run away so quickly and that too without collapsing into my parents who were coming from the same narrow corridor?

5. I have marks of hands on my legs.

6. We don't have anybody else in our house who could do so.

Other hauntings by skylark574

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skylark574, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

skylark574 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-28)
E.Lynx,
(Sorry for being late in my response.)
Well there is this person who died angry or sad due to family problems. The person was a relative and owed something to my mother that I think was really important to her since. I even had a dream in which the man visited me and my mother. He told my mother that she would get her things back, she does not need to worry.
It can be this man,maybe. But why so voilent?
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-18)
Thank you YGS for publishing stories. It seems I am addicted to this site. I can't stay without new stories I have already published one, now waiting for second one. Anyways thank you again for publishing new stories.
Paul1977 (13 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-08-16)
Totally agree! But can I say a sincere thank you for the new 14 stories that have just been published! I was only saying what the thousands of other users were thinking! Keep up the great work guys
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-08-15)
Paul1977 - thank you for your thought. If the admin of our site was concerned that no new stories have been added in almost a month, he would have asked us if we needed or wanted help. He hasn't so I take that to mean he isn't concerned.

Also, just because no new stories have been added lately doesn't mean we haven't been doing our job. It could simply mean after reading 10 or more in a row, and having to return them because they don't fit our guidelines, sometimes requires a mental break.

And for the record, nothing is going on with this site and we don't need help with the stories. But thank you so much for your concern.
Paul1977 (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-15)
What's going on with this site? How come it's been a month and no new stories have been published? I fully understand that moderators proof read these stories in their spare time, but if you do not have that time anymore maybe you can nominate others that do? Just a thought...Paul
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-14)
Regarding to your experience, I did some further research about sleep paralysis, and found that sometimes, people tempt to "hurt themselves" during their sleep under some stresses. Some wake up with scratch marks, some wakes up with bruises, I read one ever with a broken arm. I wonder why they do that. Well, this is just some rare symptoms that only a few people have.

Reading your story I felt that if it was a spirit of a dead person it sure have deep grudge against living person, do you remember or know anyone around you whom died with great sorrow or anger? Is there a continuous visit from that spirit?

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-09)
Well I thought with images during sleep paralysis show up at the foot of the bed, or can they appear anywhere?

I keep thinking it's a little odd someone would pop out of the wall behind you and hold you down backwards, instead of a more logical pop out of the side wall or the wall at the foot of the boards if it was your imagination, which was why I asked what was on the other side.

The neighbor could be having spiritual trouble (like a ghost) that temporarily jumped into your space aggressively or something along those lines, or the neighbor himself (or visiting living relative) could have jumped over, out of body, during meditation or sleep maybe. Pretty weird anyway.
tralli (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-08)
It really sounds like a sleep paralysis, I've had a lot of them in my lifetime, except I can't explain the marks on your feet, where those bruises or just temporary marks, like you get when you apply pressure on your skin?
skylark574 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-07)
So, I did search for sleep paralysis and here is what I think about it-
It can be so. But, the major and most common symptoms are sensation of weight on chest and breathlessness. That did not happen with me. Or maybe I was too terrified to notice.
And yes there is my neighbor's house on the other side of the wall. So, maybe we have got another option to think of.
skylark574 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-07)
Thanks, for all the comments. I don't have any idea about what it was.

Sds, I don't know much about sleep paralysis but would surely google it.

The hand marks quickly disappeared in 2-3 days. If asked I would say that it felt the same as the eldest daughter would have felt from The Conjuring (just a refernce).

I am looking forward if two other stories I submitted would get published. Was actually surprised to see my story published since the prestiged site has so many strict regulations.

Thanks again.

Skylark.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-06)
No need of any apologies, you write so well. A creapy experience. At first reading your story I thought maybe your assumption that it was the fear of your father that played with you that morning is true but the marks are depicting another demonic story.

You should pray and if you can you should do the cleansing of your house.

Thanks for sharing! 😊
Ashraf (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-05)
Hello Skylark574, I imagined your state of mind by reading your story. If not for the marks on your legs (as you say), I would have to agree with sds's theory. Anyways be strong and have a good life.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-05)
Hello skylark574, welcome to YGS. I could realise how you would have felt. You have said that when you were dozing of to sleep, you had this experience. Very difficult to say because this was your only encounter. I have a theory. It could have been a brief sleep paralysis lasting only a few seconds. Perhaps it might have been your first experience and hence you got scared and started screaming. Anyway, try to do some investigation about the room. Or did you have any other experience in that room like feeling like being watched or feeling some presence. But, if anything recurs like this, please do share with us and we shall be able to help.

Thanks for sharing your experience and be bold.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-04)
Thats really creepy. Can't say what it is? But since I am an Indian I only know one thing 4 a.m. Is considered brahmamuhurt auspicious for puja.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-04)
That is very strange.

Is there something on the other side of your headboard wall? Storage area with old stuff in it (housing a spirit) or a neighbor frustrated with the 4am wake up alarm? (Maybe astral projection on his part.)

Whatever it was, it didn't seem to want you up with your alarm.

Sometimes I wonder about things like that, had you not been having an early morning wrestle, you may have been too tired otherwise and could have tumbled down the stairs or something. Wrestling woke you up enough when you weren't before.

Reminds me of the biblical Jacob wrestling with an angel, very odd!
Briannalynn (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-04)
That's creepy! I've had a lot of creepy things happen to me as well. I love reading these stories because it reminds me that I'm not alone and that things like this happen to others as well!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: