You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Cornflakes & Flour

Real Ghost Stories

Cornflakes & Flour

 

This didn't happen to me, but one of my mum's best mates daughter. Tthis happened in Cygnet, Tasmania (Australia). This girl (Jenny) was in bed one night and heard these noises out in the lounge-room, so Jenny went out to have a look but there was nothing there. She lived with only her mum, but her mum was still sound asleep in bed.

The next few nights, the same thing was happening, but still nobody there. Jenny told her mum, but her mum thought she was just imagining it.

So that night before she went to bed, Jenny got out a box of cornflakes and a bag of flour, she spread them all over the lounge room where she was hearing the noises. As she was laying in bed, she heard a crunch, crunch (the cornflakes).

She was to scared to go out and check so she waited until morning. When she walked out, the cornflakes were all broken up, there was footprints (bare feet) printed in the in the flour. The strange thing was the footprints started in the middle of the room and ended in the middle of the room. There was no way these footprints could be her or her mum because they didn't start or end anywhere.

After that the noises stopped and everything went back to normal, but she still has nightmares about it now.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tanami, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

yowieho (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
eternix, that video fascinated me too, but it was proved to be a fake, the road slightly goes down hill but the landscape looks straight, you should watch "Fact or Faked" they showed that video in that ghost show its quite interesting.
ChristineNicole (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
Eternix, that is the story line from a film that I've seen. I can't remember the name but it is not real. Perhaps it was a show on urban legends that you saw? Sorry to disappoint!
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
What a waste of cornflakes and flour... Weetiebix would have done the trick 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
You can not see me laughing, but I am. I can just imagine my reaction if my daughter laid out cornflakes and flour at night and I woke up to the mess. Ingenious, really. I hope someone got a photograph of the footprints beginning and ending in the middle of the floor. Thank you for a good story that did not have to have horrific details in it to make it believable.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
Hi tanami. I have a story on this site called 'Footprints of a Strange Visitor' and there were footprints left by an unseen 'visitor' so I believe you when you say the footprints were left in the lounge. I find it fascinating that they started and stopped in the middle of the room. I wonder why the activities stopped? I guess it's one of those things that just can't be explained. I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing it.
tanami (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
yeah I think they do leave footprints and there are different types of ghosts. ❤ 😊 😲 Belle
Cirdan (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
This was a great story, and scary as well. And I wonder how her mother's reaction was when she saw all this flour, cornflakes and footprints on the floor.
Oh, and I think ghosts do leave footprints, since someone can hear their footsteps.
tanami (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
thanx for all your comments I really appreciate it and I hope to hear more from you! ❤ Belle
eternix (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Sorry, I made a mistake on last my comment. In the end of the second line it's supposed to say "anyone's car".
eternix (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
I saw a video a while ago that showed this railroad crossing where a bus that broke down got hit by a train and many children perished. Supposedly, anyone's who stopped on it would move forward on its own accord until it was off the crossing. A woman on the video put talcum powder on the bumper of her car and stopped on the actual crossing, and her car really went forwards! Afterwards, she got out and there were small handprints on the powder. I don't think it was a hoax, though. Anyway, good story!
tanami (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Well how could it be a robber if the foot prints started inthe middle of the room and there's no way they could of got there. ❤ Belle
GhostTalker13 (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
I don't think is was a spirit because why would they leave footprints... Strange. 😕 I might have been a robber because ghosts usally float or levitate even if it looks like they're standing there.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Strange... I thought ghosts didn't leave footsteps. It may have been something worse though.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Scary! I have heard that you can use flour or Baby powder and if someone or something passes by you can see the foot steps or dragging or whatever.
Thanks for sharing!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Hi tanami. I wonder why it only happened those couple of nights? That is funny how the footprints started and ended in the middle. Whoever or whatever it was knew they were busted when they stepped on the cornflakes and flour! My mom would have had a fit if I put cornflakes and flour on the living room floor! Thanks for sharing her story. ~Shelby 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: