You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Heritage Home

Real Ghost Stories

Heritage Home

 

In the spring of 2009, we moved into an old heritage home that had been renovated into 5 seperate apartments. The second I saw the house I fell in love; it had so much character, with its high ceilings and dark solid wood doors and paneling throughout.

From the moment we moved in, I would get this feeling like some one was staring at me. I chalked it up to the fact that I had never lived in an apartment before, and that I just needed to get used to living so close to other people.

About two months after moving in I became pregnant with my youngest son (my oldest was two at the time). As soon as I became pregnant, my (now) ex became extremely verbally and physically abusive. I wasn't allowed to leave the house, and he made it difficult for me to see my friends or family.

I was isolated and alone in my own personal hell, with no where to run. So when I began to see things and noticed that items weren't where I had left them, I blamed it on the constant stress that I was under.

I would constantly see flashes of a yellow flowered dress (nothing in my apartment was yellow or had flowers). I saw flashes of this dress in every room in my apartment, it wouldn't last long a second or two, just long enough for me to understand what I saw, and then it would be gone.

Because the house was renovated into separate apartments, and they used the origional solid wood doors; not everything fit quite like it should have. My bathroom door sat a good inch or two from the floor, and the carpeting from the hallway came into the bathroom about 4 inches.

One day when my ex was at work and I was home alone with my oldest son, I needed to use the washroom, so I placed my son in his playpen. As I was in the middle of doing my business, I heard footsteps. At first I thought it was some one walking upstairs, but when I looked towards the bathroom door I saw the carpet moving in the hallway like some one was walking. I called out to my ex, thinking that he had come home early from work, but got no reply. Then I was panicked thinking my son had gotten out of his playpen. But when I opened the door I saw my son was where I had left him, and no one else was in the apartment. I was shaken, and it took me months before I was able to pee without my son being in the bathroom with me, because I was terrified to leave him alone.

One night when I was 7 or 8 months pregnant with my youngest son, I felt something unusual touch my stomach...

I have always been a stomach sleeper, but when you are as pregnant as I was at the time, sleeping on your stomach isn't an option. I tossed and turned and finally found a comfortable spot on my back. I remember thinking how hot and thick the air seemed in our room, given the fact that is was a cold December night in northern Ontario. I had just began to relax when I felt a cold hand touch the left side of my stomach. It took me a minute to process what was happening... I could feel all 5 fingers and the palm as if the hand was spread out. But the hand wasn't facing the right direction; it was as if some one was standing at the side of my bed with their hand on my stomach.

I shot up in bed, looking around but no one was there. My ex had been facing the opposite direction but I asked if he had just touched my stomach any way. He told me no, that it was probably just the baby kicking. This was my second pregnancy and what I felt was most definitely NOT the baby kicking! He told me that I was crazy and delusional and to go sleep... I don't think I slept at all that night. I curled into a ball with my knees up and arms around my stomach, determined to protect my unborn child from whatever was in my apartment

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, boo_boo1988, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-22)
Check out The F St Apartment, Eureka, CA story on here by Beagle Mom. It's almost identical to your story. Hope things are better for you now.
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-12)
Oh Gosh! Just reading about your apartment in the old home brings back memories of our first apartment! I've been married 50 years now, and our haunted apartment was a similar set up! I must gather my thoughts, and then start a series of stories about that old house. Funny, we ended up living in it 2 times while at college!

Glad you are rid of the Bum, and that you and your children are doing well. I would like to believe your ghost was letting you know she was there, and hoping to somehow console you.

I await your further installments on this intriguing house!


Mother of Beagles
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Boo_Boo
I am glad that he was at least arrested. The laws between Canada and the US are very different. Most states will bring charges if the woman or the man (yes, some men are victims of domestic violence) refuse to do so. Laws vary by state but he would've spent 6 months to a year in jail, banned from having guns forever and this mark would follow him all his life.
I am glad that you are stronger now and wish you well. I will await more stories from this strange house.
boo_boo1988 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Thanks for your comments! I moved from the house in the summer of 2010, we ended up living in a second apartment in the same house (which is another lengthy story) that I will submit as soon as I have the time.

Brokentree; I did have him arrested when he almost broke my nose and blackened my eye... All he got was a few weekends in jail... Insane right? It took years for me to see the abuse for what it was, and I can tell you that I am stronger for it and refuse to take crap from any one now.
As for the woman in the flowered dress, things would constantly be moved in the house, or go missing for days and then turn up some where weird. But I also had a toddler running around, so I figured that it was him. Neither my children nor myself were ever hurt by the spirit, just a lot of stuff that creeped me out and added to my already stressful life.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
boo_boo: I hope there's a second part for this experience, it ended just when it was getting exciting!

It seems to me like your ex was more dangerous and frightening than the ghost.
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Agree with BrokenTree. My first thought was that you encountered a friendly spirit who wanted to share your pregnancy. How very sweet!

I've always believed that pregnancy unleashes a woman's instincts and intuition.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Sorry roylynx but I don't believe for one minute that pregnancy causes a woman to have a weak mind. If anything, they grow more beautiful with each passing day.
I am sorry to hear that your "now ex" became so abusive. He should have been kicked to the curb immediately. Never let a man abuse you ever again. Call the police and have him arrested for domestic violence. He deserves nothing less.
As for the woman in the flowered yellow dress, did she ever hurt you or your children? Has anything disappeared and never reappeared? Are you still living there?
This woman does not sound harmful to me although I secretly wish that she would have put your ex through a whirlwind of misery. She may be curious about your pregnancy or simply happy for you.
I wish you the best for you and your children.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Oh dear this is so scary and worrying... I am glad that you are now just sharing this story with us with no further trouble, am I right?

The atmosphere or the house does affect many ghostly encounters. When you are pregnant, some people says that you will have weaker mind, I don't mean the smartness, like sometime we become emotionally strong, you cry at anything, gets angry easily, and so on. And so if your body sensed that it is an uncomfortable atmosphere even if it is what it usually is, you might have to change it, like open up windows and rearrange things so that at least the surrounding looks different. Hope this helped a little, cheers!

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: