You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Heritage Hall

Real Ghost Stories

Heritage Hall

 

I used to attend L'Heritage high school in Sudbury Ontario, it was a completely normal place. Normal students, normal teachers, normal everything. Until one day, our school closed because we didn't have enough students enrolled in L'Heritage. We ended up closing down. The school basically sat there until elementary school "St Johns" of Garson had to rent out L'Heritage due to some ventilation problems. Me and a few others went into the school to clean it up a bit. We were there all day, until by friends and I had cleaned the whole school. They all left except for me. I stayed to finish up a classroom. Later on I decided to retire for the day. I walked out into the hallway and I heared footsteps behind me. I turned, but no one was there. I began to think that one of my friends had come back to prank me. "Very funny guys" I continued on, then I heard the footsteps again. I began to run until I heard a scream. I stopped, then felt the need to escape like something was pushing me out. I ran out of the school and quickly drove away. I sometimes wonder if any of the St John students have had the same experience that I had.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Elixellen (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
if it was old there might have been rodents in the school or loose floorboards. As for the scream, it might have been someone nearby or it could have been your head messing with you, because you were alone and the tension could have build up. 😁
melissa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-13)
hey guys did you like my story I did go back to check it out thks to denise scary never again I saw a ghost! it was a student! omg
Meg (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-12)
Hey I think it may be haunted by a kid that died there and same as Janice they probably closed down for that situation too. I would love to have check it out. I like mystery things but id have to of had a frind with me.
camanchie.. (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-12)
it could of been just another person cleaning who you didnt know was there they decided to leave the same time you did and thats the reason for the footsteps .....as 4 the scream that person probably walked on a tac or something....seriously....i think any abandoned place for to long can become inhabited by lost sprites especially schools where they have so much contact with children, who might of passed and look at it as a place where there friends were and had happier times....who knows...but you that would of scared me...later.
jennifer (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-05)
this happened to me too! I used togo to st johns school! except I wasn't alone when it happened. well not exactly. I was tryin out for a play and the director was in the gym. I was on the 3 rd floor! same thing happened! wow!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-03)
The school must've been haunted or something, which is not unusual, but probably a very scary experience. Maybe they have records or something about someone dying in that school and maybe you should try to get the guts, go back and investigate who probably died there. Well, was that experience really scary? did it like literally drive you out, as if it really wanted you out of that place? Well, I'm not saying I could be correct about this, but that's probably another reason they decided to close down the school, because of the haunting. Well, that's all I have to say about this and I also posted up two stories recently, A grandfather's experience and The haunted blue house. Maybe you would like to read them and post comments about what you think about my stories. Well thanx for your time in reading this, I appreciate it much. I also hope you had a Happy new year and take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: