You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Room With The Man In It

Real Ghost Stories

The Room With The Man In It

 

Along time ago when I was about twelve years old I went to New Jersey to spend the summer with family. I have a HUGE family and our roots are deep and spirits was always a conversation that I grew up hearing about. A lot of the members in my family also can see them and some claim that they can communicate with them.

SO...here's the story. My cousins are three girls and a boy. The three girls shared a room and the oldest girl was around sixteen during this time, and my boy cousin (D) had his own room and he was around fourteen at this time. They lived in a apartment and you had to go past my boy cousin's room to get to their room.

As I was staying there, I began to notice that every time they would be about to go to their room, they would run past D's room. So one day I asked, "How come you guys run past D's room each time?" They both looked at me and said there's a man in his room. I said what do you mean, they said that if you go past his room sometimes you can see feet and legs near the door to his room and that's why they run past it. Again, this wasn't necessarily that frightening to me or shocking because I grew up hearing stories of spirits all the time.

One day, we were at their neighborhood pool and I forgot my towel. I didn't get in the water yet so I decided to just run back to the house real quick and get it before I got in. My cousin D was outside with some of his friends and saw me go in the house and, of course, no one was home because my aunt and uncle were at work and my older girl cousin was also not home.

So I went in, and was walking past D's room to get to the girls' room and get my towel and as I was walking, I had to step back slowly because I saw something out of the corner of my eye. When I did I saw these huge feet and on the feet were male dress shoes and as I looked up slowly you could see pants. I immediately began to feel goosebumps and all the hairs on the back of my neck rise up.

I ran out of the house and was now outside and my cousin stopped me and asked me what was wrong. I couldn't even explain to him what it was and also he was in front of all his friends. So when I got back to the pool I immediately went up to my cousins and told them what I saw and they said "see". That night, D came and slept on the floor in the room with us.

I still wonder about that to this day because that was the weirdest thing I have ever saw and I wonder if I would of kept looking up would I have seen a face or not?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, banaapudding, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

banaapudding (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-08)
tweed
Wow that is very interesting and similar to what I experienced also... But the woman on the couch who almost touched your leg... I could only imagine. But yeah my boy cousin knew his room was haunted also.
Caz (342 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-07)
Fascinated experience BP... Thanks for posting it.
Tweed...loved yours too. I've never seen an apparition before. The only thing I've seen was like a big bubble with swirling, multi-coloured glitter inside. It didn't look like what I'd call an orb. I don't know what it was, but it floated into my bedroom via the open door and just hung there oscillating like a big bubble... Stayed for about a minute before slowly fading away. The bedroom was bright with sunshine streaming in the window, but I saw it again about a week later at night... Then I never saw it again after that. Fascinating stuff! 😉
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-03)
Whoah, Banaapudding, I loved this, and good question at the end! No one can say for certain what would've happened if you kept looking up. But it's possible you would have seen who rest of them, this happened to me. I saw legs laying on the couch, followed them up and up to the face. It was a woman whose hair hung over the couch arm almost touching my leg. All fear and weirdness aside, what was interesting is as I looked up her body to her face, the rest of her would disappear. So maybe a similar thing might have happened if you did the same, as you too only saw one part at first.

I've also seen some feet and trousers while I was swimming in a lake. I didn't get to look up at the rest though because I was distracted. Heck, I didn't know it was a ghost until I looked back and the feet were gone.

Anyway, I'm rambling a bit now. In short I wonder if the rest of this apparition would have disappeared as you followed it up to the face, showing only the parts which were directly looked at. I don't know, but that's what it was like with the woman on the couch. Fascinating stuff.

Thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: