You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Apparitions Or Hallucinations

Real Ghost Stories

Apparitions Or Hallucinations

 

I've been reading stories from this site for awhile and I would like to upload my personal experience. I would like to thank user "yomamma" for giving me the idea of uploading my story.

I have always wanted a guardian angel since my grandfather passed (I always called him geedad). And when my mom passed on 4/2/14 I wanted one more than ever to just show me a sign that she was there, I had never felt so alone. I have openly begged any spirit or anything that could possibly hear me when no one is around to show me a sign that she is there, but so far I have had nothing paranormal happen since this event which happened 3 years before my mom passed. So without further ado.

It was one night 3 years ago and I was sleeping on the floor in my gram's room (I was 11 at the time and scared to sleep upstairs because it creeped me out) and she has a glass door connecting her bedroom to the Florida room and my geedad used to always sit in the Florida room and watch the fishermen on the bay behind my gram's house.

That particular night I woke up around 1:30 and I looked up and saw him walking from the Florida room to the kitchen wearing jeans and a plaid green and blue shirt. This was his normal outfit when he was still alive. He had passed away 3 years before from colon cancer. About a week before he passed they decided to let him go home to spend his last few days there. He had to stay in the mobile hospital bed and it had been put next to my gram's bed (which is right where I was sleeping that night).

I'm not sure if this was an apparition or a hallucination because I have as hallucinations in the middle of the night before. I was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, connor729, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-03-03)
I am sorry for your losses - *hug*!

I lost my grandparents when I was about five years old - they died within four months of each other first my grandmother then my grandfather - over the years, I have prayed and wished and hoped I could see them or speak to them... Even in a dream... They were my heroes. In my story 'Coming to Say Goodbye' - I wrote of my few paranormal experiences involving them... I never saw them after the day my grandfather passed, though and haven't had any specific experiences with them in twenty years but, as I have mentioned in comments on other stories, I firmly believe they are out there watching out for me and have felt their presence many times. Whenever I move into a new home, the first thing I do is put up their pictures to invite them in and have their protection. Your lost loved ones are out there looking out for you - you may not be able to sense them in the way you would like but know they are there.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
I am sorry for all the losses you have had at such young age.
You can be sure that, even without making their presence strongly felt, your loved ones are watching over you.

What did you feel when seeing your grandfather? Did you feel different than when you have an hallucination?

It is possible that your grandfather is still in his home following the same routine as when he was alive, but it is hard to say if that night you saw his spirit or not... The answer is in your gut feeling at that moment.

Thanks for sharing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
I'm going to thank Yomamma too, and also thank you for posting this story. Compared to some experiences, it seems mild. And there's enough excitement going on in the world today... And that's as far as I want to go there.

Other than the shadow creatures in one apartment I shared with my brother, I've not had a similar experience. As you point out though, you've had hallucinations and also hauntings. What makes you feel there's a difference between the two?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: