You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Ghost "friend"

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost "friend"

 

I am a young lady from South Africa. All my life I have been sensitive to things that aren't there. It puts me on edge. I am sure that there is a ghost that goes where I go because things seem to occur regardless of where I am. At first I thought the ghost just hung around my family but it continued after I moved out.

When I was much younger my mom and older sister heard something whisper "hello" to them one night from a doorway where no one was standing. After my older sister moved out and we moved cities, my mom and her new husband heard coughing from inside their cupboard, which upon inspection revealed nothing. I would suddenly get completely cold and covered in goose bumps in the middle of a 45-degree day. Activity was always low and strange things occurred one long after the other. Then when I moved out I became even more aware, at first my husband and I shared a place with friends and I would not have noticed any activity there because the house was always full of strangers at strange times of the day or night. When my husband and I moved into our own place activity happened more often and has started being even more often within the past 8 months. I hear sighs in the flat, object move while we are not home. Heavy objects! I hear sounds of teaspoons in the kitchen, I wake up feeling watched more and more often during the night. Once I was in the bathroom with doors and windows closed when a pencil rolled right across the floor. I hear cupboard doors creaking, I wake up from sounds of movement in the flat. Let me say that we have a tiny one bedroom apartment (used to be a garage) with no pets. The most recent thing is that I woke up from the sound of my house keys being picked up and placed on the counter...twice. These types of occurrences happen whether I am at home or at work and have been more frequent lately.

Is it possible that this is all just from paranoia or could it be that I have a ghost "friend" that goes where I go? And why would there suddenly be more activity? Asking for any information here or any explanations.

Other hauntings by KatsWhiskers

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KatsWhiskers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Hey Katswhiskers - Have you yourself been blessed according to your beliefs? Sometimes spirits attach to people or items people carry with them.

Has anyone in your family that you were close to passed recently?

Try keeping a journal in order to determine or discern any patterns. You say that sometimes you feel that it is upset because the activity increases. By keeping a journal, maybe you can ascertain what is upsetting it, be it something you or your husband has done or is doing that it deems wrong. Or maybe it is an outside influence such as, and I'm just spit-balling here, the cycle of the moon, time of month, weather patterns etc. That is affecting it.

I hope this helps

Neph
KatsWhiskers (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Thank you Melda and Nephylim for your feedback. It is really appreciated.

I do not feel threatened by the entity at all, I can sometimes feel as if it is upset by something when activity starts to get very frequent and unusual. I just got back from a holiday and my husband, who is very skeptical, told me that he could not sleep the one night from all the weird things happening in the house. He believes me now. I have had my home "blessed" and the activity did not stop. It has been so many years now that I have gotten comfortable around it.
Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-11)
Hi there KatsWhiskers,

It sounds like you may possibly be a Spiritual Medium. The experiences you describe used to happen to my mother all the time.
It may be the same entity trying to get your attention or you could be picking them up along the way.
Mediums are like magnets for all sorts of otherworldly entities.

Do you feel threatened at all by these experiences at all? If so, find a way that works for you to protect yourself such as a talisman, shielding or cleansing (depending on your beliefs).

If you do not feel threatened and are curious to find out more, the only advice that I can offer is to set your boundaries, protect yourself and try talking to whatever it is.

I hope this helps in some small way.

Regards,
A fellow Saffer.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-09)
KatsWhiskers - I don't think that a ghost necessarily followed you, perhaps it was in your current home before you moved there. Then again, I can't say that it did not follow you.

For some reason certain people are more receptive to the supernatural than others, which is probably why you are aware of these entities.

If you are frightened of it, have your home blessed (according to your beliefs) or do a house cleansing. Rookdygin has a cleansing method on his profile page which by all accounts is extremely effective.

Rook - if you read this, I seem to be handing out your cleansing method as though I own it! This is the second time today. It's only because you were kind enough to share it and it appears to receive high praise 😊

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: