You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Northern Ireland Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Northern Ireland Haunting

 

Hi I have just come across this site and I thought I would submit my experience. Any comments or thoughts about what happened to me are appreciated. First of all the stats, I'm female, 21 year old living just outside of Belfast. I have lived in this house for going on 16 years (it was newly built when we bought it). The only person to actually die in the house would have been my dad and that was about 7 years ago.

My story starts about 4 years ago around july/aug time on a saturday morning. I was woken up at 6 ish by something pressing on my chest, this continued to happen for six more sats in a row always around 6 ish, I would be so freaked out I would leave the room. This continued until one saturday when I was so tired I actually got a little bit annoyed and refused to leave the room, instead trying to get back to sleep again. I had just started to doze off when I felt it pressing on my chest again only harder, in fact I had difficulty breathing until I actually got up out of bed and left the room.

I decided I was going to change bedrooms so I moved across the landing to the spare room. Whilst staying in this room I would hear breathing, always when I was lying down in bed almost as if someone was kneeling down by the side of the bed right beside my head (even when I held my own breath I could still hear breathing). I slept in that room for about a month with this happening on most nights. I eventually decided to move back into my own bedroom again and this is where it became more active.

One saturday (I know it always seems to happen on sats!) I was in my bedroom with my girlfriend, we had been just messing around and chatting, I left her for 30 minutes to go and get lunch for us (it's a local garage), when I came back she was sitting down stairs saying that the computer chair had started moving by itself and that she had heard whispering. We eventually went back up bringing juice with us in two glasses and saturday them on the window cill. We had been in the room a while when both glasses fell behind my bed (the head of the bed was in front of the window). I grabbed a cloth to clean up the mess thinking that it will have spilled but when I looked behind the bed the glasses had both landed the right way up without spilling any of their content.

Another time when I was in my bedroom on my own a can of body spray was thrown across my bedroom by nothing, followed about half an hour later by a more or less full 2 litre bottle of coke. Also I would wake up some nights with the feeling of someone's arm under my head when I was totally alone in the bed. Other nights I would feel the bed sag as if someone had sat on it again when I was the only person there.

I could also hear whispering coming from the corner of the room but I could never make out what it was saying. I no longer liked staying on my own in the house, I felt constantly watched and very uncomfortable.

Move to oct, it was around 7pm and I was walking down my hall to the kitchen (the hall is an L shape), I just rounded the corner and I saw a gray figure coming from the other direction, it had no features just a human shape and its form was wispy. Unfortunately I was terrified and ran back into the living room where my mother was sitting, I didn't wait to find out where it was going. My girlfriend also saw this wispy form once at the top of the stairs but it was less formed.

Now for the bathroom. I hated hated hated this room... Taps would turn on full blast for no reason. I could no longer take a shower in that room with out someone coming in with me, I always felt that someone was standing by the toilet watching me and even at one point when I walked by the bathroom I would see a black tall shadow standing in that area. This shadow actually followed me while I was on holiday in the Republic of Ireland. In fact one night I heard something calling my name (my girlfriend heard it too).

I along with a friend have heard my mother calling me (as if she was angry with me) and when I have asked her what she's yelling at she has told me that she didn't call me. A number of things like that happened to me over the next two years.

Then it all seemed to come to a head, I was going through a break up with my girlfriend and feeling quite down at the time. I woke up one night feeling something holding me down, I could not move and I could not scream... I was terrified and recited the lord's prayer in my head until the feeling left me (I'm not even a religious person).

This again happened during the day, I went into my mums bedroom for an afternoon nap. I woke up pinned to the bed again not able to move or say anything but his time there was a standing beside the bed as if it were looking at me, it was gray in colour without any features, the outer edge of the figure was hazy and light in colour but as you got into the centre of the figure it became more solid and a darker shade of gray. Size wise it was about the height of a 10 year old boy.

The final thing that happened to my was by far the most frightening. I was still quite scared of sleeping because of the paralysis so I resorted to staying on the sofa at night to be closer to my mum. I was watching tv that night (with the lights on) and I must have fallen asleep. When I woke up I was pinned to the sofa by the unseen force but it was as if either the sofa was shaking or the whole room was vibrating and there was a loud static noise with what I can only describe as a cat's yowl mixed in to it (it still sends shivers down my spine and brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it). I could feel something touching me in inappropriate places, it may have only lasted for a minute at the most then it just stopped and I was able to get up of the sofa and scream for my mum. From that happened the hauntings have more or less stopped in my house, apart from the odd thing.

There seems to be a lot of people on here who know what they are talking about. What I'm most interested in is an explanation for the last thing that happened to me, I know it sounds very far fetched but I know what happened to me and I know I was awake when it happened.

I'm sorry about the length of the story but I felt that in order for you to understand the build up of activity that I should try to include as much detail as possible.

Thanx for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Weechipmonk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
Welcome to the site!
First of all, the pinning down while being in the "half awake"-ish state is very common. It is very frightening, I have gone through this experience many times, but the best way to deal with it is by doing exactly what you did (that is recite a prayer aloud or in your head). For your final paragraph, the only thing I can really help you with is the touching in innapropriate places. This seems like a case of succubus. There is a great article on this site about this that I believe could help you 😉
Good luck
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Interesting. Northern Ireland is full of hauntings and mischief... Keep a good lookout.

luck
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
Is Saturday the only day you get to be yourself? On the days that it is just me and my ideas I seem to catch a little more stuff. I was told it was because I was calm and could pay more attention. Sometimes when I feel a pushy ghost I tell it I will only talk to friends and it stops. Try that.
jaque (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
I am not an expert on anything with spirits. I have just had experiences. I would say to take everyones advice and try it out to see. Sorry I cannot be more of help. I am really sorry that you are going through this. It must be very scary since you are having times of no control.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Welcome Weechipmunk.
Everything that I was thinking has already been posted by those that were quicker than me in getting to your story!
The one thing that disturbs me is the touching in inappropriate places. I hesitate to offer this explanation as I feel that if it were a possibility Shane would have brought it up. But what about a succubus? I do not know the obvious signs of such an entity, but there is an awesome article on this site about incubus' and succubus'. I do not want to say this is what it is, I do not know. (shrug) just another thought.
Thank you for bringing your name here! And thank you for your story.
charmingangie (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
hiya I'm new to this but I just got a feeling about a mans name gerry or something I don't know maybe down the road or near you mail me back if that makes anysense! God bless
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hello Weechipmonk, It seems that you have received some sound advice and about the only thing I can add is this : Be aware of the emotions that you send out because there are entities out there that feed off them. I believe anger, fustration and agitation can feed them just as much as fear. Take care and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi,
Have you ever done any investigation on the land? I know that you said that the house is new but the land has always been there and maybe something must of happened there a lot of time before you built.
I would try and research it.
Also, try the lavender burning before you go to bed that worked for me.
Good luck and keep us posted.
😁
Weechipmonk (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Not a lot seemed to happen to anyone else, my mum and myself would be the ones who spent most time in the house, my mum never felt anything, she didn't even hear the bottle of coke hit the floor even though she was in the living room that is directly under my bedroom.

My mum actually didn't believe me at first, it was only when she noticed that I was becoming more and more on edge in the house.

As for emotions, I was not going through anything stressful (until the final stages explained in the story). As the haunting intensified I started to feel agitated and angry (very out of character for me, I'm so laid back), and I felt fustration but I could never find a reason for feeling like that.

Thanx for the coments on my name lol. My friends in work nicknamed me it because I'm small and have a high pitched telephone voice lol 😆
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
First of all, let me start by saying you needn't explain that his happened and you know it happened 'because', we believe you. This is the site to get these occurance out, shared and discussed.

Second, I am certain that you are dealing with an entity of some type in your home. Shanes suggestion is great and very helpful. I know you stated you recited the Lords prayer in your head, try placing a cross in the rooms of your home, at least in the bath room and bed room. When something is happening, tell it to leave, tell it you will not give it the power by being afraid. Let it know it is not welcome in your house in the name of the Lord.

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi Weechipmunk! I would have to go with Shane's suggestions on this one! There is something definitely, well, not good, going on in your house. It seems to be fixated on just you. I know that you said that your girlfriend had seen the wispy, gray figure but did it ever do anything to her or anyone else? I was thinking if it was a haunting of the land, why would it have taken so long to start?! It could happen though! Lying dormant, just waiting to make it's move. However, I am thinking it is more because of you and your emotions. While these things were happening were you going through any kind of stressful situation, maybe with your girkfriend or strong emotions going on? Sometimes we create these things because of our stress and emotions. Not saying this is what surely happened, just a mere suggestion. I hope to hear from you soon. By the way, cute name! 😊~Shelby ❤
Weechipmonk (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
No one has ever played the ouji board in the house. My mum is very religious so she would never allow anything like that be done in the house. I myself would not play it, I have heard to many bad things about it.

As for an item that could be the cause of the haunting, we have nothing antique in the house and as far as I can remember we never brought nething of that sort into the house.

btw thanks for the replies ❤
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Weechipmonk, (cute name by the way) I have dealt with some pretty nasty things over the years and I know how frightening it can be to be pinned to your bed or anything for that matter by unseen forces. The one thing you have to remember when these events are taking place is to not be frightened as this is what gives these entities the energy they need to continue their assaults. You take away the fear, you take away their power. You can also try burning some lavender incense in your room before going to sleep at night and see if this help. You could also try having the home blessed or smudged depending on your beliefs. Thanks for sharing your story with us and keep us informed.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi Weechipmunk. There is something in your house! I believe that there might have been something haunted in your house way back before the house was built. Maybe the land was haunted or something you bought maybe haunted. I would try praying. Tell the entity to leave you alone firmly. I just have one question. Has anyone in your house played with the ouji board? It may have crossed beacause of that. Other members on this sight will give you more advice. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: