You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Think I Punched A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

I Think I Punched A Ghost

 

Last night (August 6, 2017) as I was laying in my bed at about 11:30, setting my alarm on my phone, with the lights off, I thought I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I didn't really think anything of it. I thought I must have just been seeing things so I went to sleep.

Sometime during the middle of the night, I was having a good dream and I felt something grab my arm gently. It was almost like someone was trying to wake me up without scaring me. I figured it was my dad. Because I was having a good dream, I kept my eyes closed, hoping I could see what happened next.

Then I thought to myself "if my dad came in to wake me up, I would hear the door open". (My door is extremely loud and I am a very light sleeper). Then I opened my eyes to see a dark, human shaped figure standing to my left, holding my left arm, and two more figures to my right. One was laying on the bed next to me but her body was down by my legs. The other was sitting at the end of the bed. It was dark in my room so I could not see the figures very clearly, but they were definitely there. The one closest to me on my right looked like a woman with dark hair. I was very scared and I actually swung my hand at the "woman" to my right and hit my hand on my wall. I then put my blanket over my head and closed my eyes. I took another peek in a few minutes and they were gone. They did not seem like they wanted to hurt me or anything like that but it was still unsettling.

It took me a long time to fall back asleep and I felt another touch at some point during my sleep, this time on my back while I was sleeping on my right side. This made me jump but I was too scared to open my eyes.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bradyv32, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-16)
Ahoy Brady,

I like Valkri's explanation, and I can attest that it happens to me an uncomfortable number of times as well - usually coupled with sleep paralysis. Just the other night, I dreamt I was being held down by a killer mannequin that thought it'd be nice to rub my knee. I woke up in bed, ruffled, scared, and with the lingering sensation that someone had been rubbing my knee.

Camping,
Mazz
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-16)
Hi Brady

Sounds like a very scary encounter for you. I can't offer any advice as I am not sure what the figures were. Possible SP/dream? It sounds very similar to one of my encounters (Shadow Abduction - on my profile). I believe they are curious entities (spirits or ETs?) who just like to mess with us when they think we are asleep. Unfortunately some of us wake and find it scary but they seem to disappear quick enough. Thanks for writing in, its nice to know i'm not the only one!

Kind Regards
Sara.

😨 😨
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-08-11)
Brady,
It's possible that what you experienced wasn't paranormal at all. The technical term for it is Hypnopompic hallucinations. It happens between sleep and full wakefulness. Your subconscious projects images, and sometimes even sounds, smells and 'touches' (generally thought to be nerve reactions - muscle twinges) on to 'reality'. You could swear you were awake but really you aren't quite. It could be totally unrelated to what you remember dreaming even. You look away, close your eyes, hide for a minute and it's all gone when you look again. It can be very, very real feeling.
I can remember 2 distinct times I experienced it. The first time, I woke up and there was this HUGE spider on the pillow next to me. Right in front of my face. I mean this thing was the spidzilla of spiders. I sat up so fast and it was gone that quick.
The other time involved Greys surrounding my bed. Yep a whole herd of ETS, only not so cute. I was sleeping, fluttered my eyes open - and there they were, just standing around my bed, looking at me. I closed my eyes and reopened them, but they were still there, and getting closer so I started screaming - and *poof* they were gone. This too had the 'really happened' quality to it. In other words, I didn't 'wake up' during it, like you do from a bad dream. But then, both times I was just waking up so I wasn't really 'awake' either.
Gh0stHunter (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-11)
Omg I used to have similar things happen to me when I was a child. Where things would show up next to my bed and I would cover my face and look back again to see that they were gone. This is crazy!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-11)
Greetings, Brady, and Welcome.

I remember being about 4 years old and having a wonderful dream about visiting a magical bakery. When I reached forward to grasp a floating doughnut from a display, I jammed three of my fingers into the brick wall beside my bed. It wasn't the worst way I've been woken up, but I think it is fair to say it is still pretty damn memorable over 35 years later.

You describe trying to punch someone/something, but "hit my hand on my wall." If this experience had been a dream, you would not have any residual bruising or soreness. Rook, one of YGS's more experienced members, raised this issue as a perfectly valid concern; going from no previously-identified activity to a multiple-entity encounter is like riding a bike as your primary transportation, then suddenly inheriting stocks that make you the primary shareholder in Ferrari.

You mentioned in a prior response that *you* hadn't noticed any before this point, but it may be that they have occurred without your seeing them. I once heard a psychic describe her co-worker as having an immunity to the supernatural; his brain did not know HOW to recognize a supernatural event smaller than an apocalypse. Has anyone else in your home described odd sensations of being watched, having night terrors, having "lost" items suddenly appear in locations that have already been searched? If the answer is 'yes,' then you have been blissfully unaware of what's going on and/or rationalizing and dismissing any claims made by other family members; if the answer is 'no,' then you've got a statistical anomaly of troubling proportions.

Do you know the age of your house? Was the building, or the land, used for some other purpose prior to being a residence?

Some clarification of details, along with a little background for context, would help the forum to establish a better understanding of your encounter. In turn, there's a good chance that you'll get several reasonable responses to help you deal with this.

Best,
Biblio.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-10)
universalpeacekeeper - as one of the mods who tries to keep peace on this site, we prefer comments stay away from the topic of sexual entities, as the conversations tend to get out of hand.
universalpeacekeeper (1 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-08-10)
Maybe the three you saw were succubus demons... You never know.
funeralmass (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-10)
Wow dude, that is hard core. I think most of us on here wouldn't be afraid of an entity if we saw one, but you saw three and punched one of them! Bradyv32 likes romantic evenings in front of the fireplace, long walks on the beach, and picking fights in graveyards;).

Seriously tho, I'm not sure what to make of that. As Rook pointed out, I have experienced the "dream within a dream", and mixed dreaming and wakefulness that was different than sleep paralysis. How long have you lived in your current house, and is this your first paranormal experience there (or anywhere)? Again paraphrasing Rook, for such activity to go from nothing to several, full-bodied apparitions (including the ability to physically touch you) is strange (but not unheard of). If I may ask, have you performed any type of occult path workings (left or right hand path, it's all the same energy. Your intent is the only difference) recently, or ever? If so, that could explain it, even if you did the working at some other location years ago. Let us know if the activity repeats itself or ramps up. If you have any questions about occult practices, including demonolatry, I would be happy to answer to my best ability. Regards, funeralmass
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-10)
I'm guessing what the "good dream" was about 😐

That said, I believe these entities are trying to establish contact with you. These entities' activities build up over time until you become accustomed to their presence, then it becomes impossible to shake them from your life.

I'd advise you to seek the help of a pastor or a priest if their activity persists / happens again. Don't underestimate the power of prayer.
Bradyv32 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-10)
I have not noticed anything else out of ordinary but I will definitely be on alert after the last experience. And I was definitely wide awake when it happened.
elt (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-09)
Well at least they seam friendly. 😊 That's a good thing. If you see them again pleas post again. Try to find-out if anything happened in your house.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-09)
Is there a history of 'seeing things move' out of the corner of your eye, or any other 'haunting' type activity within your home?

Its rare for activity to start at the 3 figures on/around the bed level unless there has been a 'long term' haunting in the location.

Can you be 100% certain this was not a 'dream' within a 'dream'?

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: