You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Very Spooky Sounds On Roofs

Real Ghost Stories

Very Spooky Sounds On Roofs

 

The real incidents what about I am writing here is really happened in 1984. At than I was primary school student. We were living in one of our communities narrow streets. At night time we all children and cousins of family are always get together on 3rd floor of old types big houses, where large rooms available for night together for family, cousins and friends (in India almost 50 % people lives in joint families still in 2017.)

After 7 o clock evening, I always go on 3rd floor and in few minutes my cousins and friends started to come. With my 15 other cousins and 10 friends we all daily play chess or carton type games with them. Or sometimes we were talking funny about films and cricket. (Indians are always crazy about cricket and films movies.)

In winter (February) 1984, one night I with my cousins and friends (total 25) were joking and laughing and eating tea and snacks, on 3rd floors large sitting room. Suddenly one of my friend says that he can listen here very spooky strange sound from roof as some very heavy person walking very heavily on roof. We all suddenly afraid. Other 2 friends and 3 cousins also says they also listen spooky same sounds. We all frightened curious. After few minutes then we all of there can clearly hearing spooky sound of heavy feet walking on roof. It sounds like very heavy person is walking on roof with very big heavy feet. We really clearly listen it. We all are speechless. Suddenly that spooky sound is stop. We all afraid so badly even no one of us dare to go out at terrace and watch what on the roof.

Really, no one of us really have any clue about that spooky sound. After 10 minutes we all decided to go and down 2nd floor hall and sleep there. We are so afraid no one talks any thing each other's.

The next day, surprisingly our surrounding neighbours peoples are also talking and asking each other if they hear any spooky sounds last night. So many peoples of our street has listened that sounds. Afternoon we all street persons decided to check out what happens on roof last night. 8 mighty and rigorous peoples of our street, any how manage to go on roof and started to check there. But no one can found nothing dangerous or suspicious.

Next few days, neither I nor my cousins or friends go on 3rd floor.

Our surrounding neighbours also said that now there were no scary walking sounds come from on roofs. After some days I,friends and cousins again together every night on 3rd floor and playing and joking. Suddenly again one night we all have clearly listened that spooky sounds. We start loudly shouting. ' who is on the roof?" suddenly we listen our surrounding neighbours also shouting and womens crying. They all also listened that spooky heavy feet sounds. All of us comes out from our houses and no one has no idea what to do. Some people call police. Policeman checks every house every rooms of streets and found nothing. They wrote report about some unknown thieves and gone.

Some daring persons of our street started sleep on terrace to grab if any thief on roof. But at one night again they (and we others also) listened that spooky sounds on roof.

Now no one from our street have dare to sleep at 3rd floor of their own house. Some religious type of peoples went to meet Oza baba (like priest or exorcist) . That Oza baba suggest to all of our street locals that never keep any non veg food like mutton, chicken, bedfellow beef, in houses in night time. We all started to do the same. We never keep any non veg in our house strictly. Since that, that spooky sounds was never listened again by anyone in our street. But even today I (and my friends, cousins) could never know what sound was that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ayaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-10-17)
The meat theory seems to me bit logicless. We all are made with flesh and bone then why once should avoid meat in their refrigerator. A special worship or cleansing could be tried first.

Regards
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-16)
I wasn't really scared of this story until I read ladyglow's comment...
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-14)
I think it is a lost spirit wandering in your neighborhood. I don't think it is of any harm.
Ayaz (guest)
-1
7 years ago (2017-10-09)
I like u all, read more. Enjoy it. Thousands of people really have faced spooky events in their lives.
gypsyking410 (13 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-10-08)
I think Oza Baba and the people assumed the entity would go to other places for meat, if he did not find meat in their homes.

Bedfellow beef was funny could not control laughing...:)
Jubeele (26 stories) (886 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-10-06)
How about a cricket analogy, like "batting a six" or "bowling a maiden over"? 😆
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-06)
Had to say thanks to Jubelee, that description of 'giants playing football' gave me a giggle 😁
Jubeele (26 stories) (886 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-10-06)
Maybe if you use the meat to bait traps of different sizes on various rooftops, you might be able to find out if the culprits were the furry or four-footed variety? We had a family of possums nesting in the roof once. Neighbors on the top floor said they sounded like a team of giants playing football!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-10-06)
I don't think the Oza baba's advice was right, if he suspected the noises were made by a carnivorous entity, wouldn't it be too risky to let it go hungry? What if it had decided to attack a person and have it for dinner?! 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: