You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Dream House

Real Ghost Stories

The Dream House

 

This is the continuation of my experiences from the house in the woods. It has now been over a month since we moved into the house. An almost crippling feeling of hopelessness, desperation and extreme sorrow washes over me whenever I am there. It feels as if I am doomed, as if God has abandoned me. I can't put into words the feeling that has come over me, it's like eternal darkness in my soul.

I hear voices coming from empty rooms. Things turn up missing on a regular basis only to appear at a later time in their original place. I heard what sounded like my kitchen being destroyed, glass breaking, things being thrown, cabinet doors slamming, but when I entered nothing was out of place.

I have started reading the bible aloud as I walk through the house. As I read the bible doors have slammed, windows have rattled, I have heard banging on the floors above me. On one occasion I heard a frightening voice say "your God is ailing he can't help you".

One evening I dozed off on the sofa while watching tv, I was jarred awake by the volume of the tv going to full blast. I opened my eyes and saw a young man standing over me. He looked to be in his early 20's, had filthy shoulder length brown hair and filthy clothes. As I lay there staring back at him he gave a smile that revealed the most disgusting brown teeth I have ever seen. He then walked toward the dining room. I arose and cautiously followed him, when I entered the dining room it was empty, but there was a putrid smell lingering in the air.

I started to notice why it seemed to be so quiet, although the house was surrounded by a large wooded area, I never heard birds chirping during the day, nor did I ever hear crickets at night. The only thing that seemed to live in the woods was the stray dog my wife adopted. She quickly befriended him and called him Shadow because of his jet black coat. Shadow is a large black haired male, a sheep dog I believe, he is a slow moving old boy who comes around for his free meal every evening. Shadow won't enter the house and never seems to come any closer than 10 feet from the back porch. Strangely enough he seems to have no fear of the woods and retreats there every night. I often hear Shadow howling incessantly in the woods at night. I don't know what it is about Shadow but I feel safe when he is around. I just wish I could get him into the house at night.

Over the past few weeks my wife has become severely withdrawn, she spends nearly all her time in the room on the third floor. I have heard her talking to someone up there, but when I mentioned it she became extremely defensive and said I am trying to make her sound insane. I tried to point out the change in her behavior and she became enraged, she started screaming, cursing, smashing dishes, and then stormed out of the house into the woods. It was well after midnight by the time she came back. We were able to sit down and talk, she admitted that there was several presences in the house and that she had been in contact with some. She said they needed us there and wanted her to bring me in. When I asked what she meant by that she became agitated and stormed up the stairs. She shouted from the top of the stairs he's getting stronger he will return. I wonder if something is using her, or if something has driven her insane.

Other hauntings by mjlain2

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mjlain2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
MJ,
Quite a situation you have going on there. My opinion is that you have one bad-assed spirit on your hands. I'm not getting any demonic vibes; but the negativity is palpable. The silence... Been there. Your house, the property, the woods?...tough to pinpoint... But it is the same thing I experienced when I was in close proximity to a portal. The inaudible "noise" of the portal blocks out the sounds of the natural world. Your hooded friend sounds like a soul collector. The other spirits will do as they will when he is not around, but he is either holding other spirits at the property or he is using the portal's attraction to get energy from them as they continuously arrive and depart.
Good move getting your wife off the property... For whatever reason, he has revealed himself and the others to her... It is not a safe place for either of you right now.
Sometimes the most obvious is the easiest to overlook. You and your wife have an argument in a home in the middle of the woods, and she disappears for hours?...where? And with whom? He coaxes her in front of you in disguise, and he calls to her at night in a voice you do not recognize?

Considering his obsession and attachment, she named him appropriately.

Lou
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
hi, on reading this story I confirm what I just commented on in your first story. But it's good that yoou're staying there with your wife.
CTGH (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi Joe. I write hooping that things have gotten better for you. I know how devistating and hepless you must feel. If you are interested in some help, please feel free to contact us, we have a large list of options for you as well as an investigation, which in some cases, can ease the mind a bit- or prove evidence to someone who may need to "see" it to be able to take the best next step.
We truly hope all is well and you are both happy and have been able to move on from this!

CGH
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
mjlain2 = If problems still persist. Loose the house. Sell it for investigations, there are people who would buy these kind of houses for reseach reason. Let it be, there are forces which cannot leave. There are a lot of true evidence of that. They linger, and in time, appear again no matter what cleasing activity you have performed. Just get away, because, saddly to say, it can follow. Take nothing that belong to that house.

Pray and God helps you in many ways.

In mind always,
Rose
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Hi mjlain. I would also like to know if everything has turned out okay or not. I hope you will give us an update very soon.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
I found your 2 stories very compelling. I have also found myself checking the website daily hoping for a resolution. I pray that it will be a pleasent one. Please let us know what has become of you and your wife.
Shellie (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
If a blessing, and a cleansing ceramony did not work, you might have something more powerful than anyone thought. You may want to contact the Catholic Church and talk to them. You might need a full Exercism of your home. It takes a wile, like several months to get a priest prepared to do it. But it might be your last and best shot. If nothing else has worked, then they may help you get this thing out of your home.
Good luck, God Bless, and keep us posted. You and your wife are in our prayers.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Hi mjlain. Here's just a thought... Get your wife out of there and let her clear her head so she really realizes what's going on. Then maybe if SHE told them off, to get lost, and participated in the smudging ceremonies, (re-try everything) with her standing up with you. Then they might not have the power to interfere in your lives any more. Since they seem to have quite a hold on her, she might be able to chase them out. I guess anything might be worth considering.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
Well... I have read your stories and I have read the comemntts. You must remember that how 'they' appear to your wife may not have any truth in what 'they' truly are or what 'they' truly want! They want either both of you to be submissive and come along easy into what I call the 'DARK', I do not know what all occurs in the 'DARK', but I am sure we can all imagine. If your wifes change in personality is any indication, well you just imagine. If they can not have both of you, well then you must go, you are a hinderance to 'them'.

I realize you have indicated that you have had the house blessed and so forth, you have read the Bible aloud and had negative replys flung back at you, but YOU MUST NOT GIVE IN! Believe in what you are reading. Even when having your prayers and words flung back at you, pray louder and with force. Hurl the prayers at 'them'. They are reacting because they ARE affected!

I do agree with you in getting your wife out of there. Have friends and family help, even if only for a while to try to get her to clear your head, but remember, these 'things' may be now attached to you and/or her! You may need to have your selves blessed. She has admitted to making contact with at least a 'few' of these 'things' and appears to be communicating with 'them' You must break through that hold, get her to see reason and have both of you blessed.

I am praying for you, for both of you. DO NOT give in. I feel you are certainly headed towards a very critical presipace in this... Utter horror that has you both entangled, and for your wifes sake as well as yours, do NOT let 'them' have the upper hand!

Keep us posted!
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
Oh yeah, something is trying to wear you down. What it is trying to do is separate the two of you and your combined efforts to fight. What they WANT is to gain all of the energy that you both posses. Ghosts need fear to "energize" themselves and there is a good feeding ground in that home.
Do you feel depressed, alone, helpless, HOPE less, lost and isolated? Been there, done that very recently. I am not here to chastise you or belittle you, but you must take charge NOW. Do not speak of this inside your home, believe it or not, they ARE aware. And try VERY hard to keep your fear in check. That IS difficult, but even if you have to start out pretending to be a top notch warrior, then do it. Pretending is not just for children, and somehow it does feel as if little by little bravery does sneak in.
In my case, we have smudged several times and in the past they have had little results in this home. We are hoping that we hit on a good one last night, it feels so much better this morning, but sometimes it does take a few times.
Also, did your friends Uncle help in the cleansing of yourself and your wife?
If the two of you are going into a "clean" house with something connected to one or both of you, you will TAKE IT BACK IN THE HOUSE, unless you are both clean.
Please heed our warnings and advice. None of us are trying to live through the Amityville horror house, and none of us seem to enjoy the prospect that someone else may have to live through anything like that. We are trying to save you the grief that this experience seems to be to you.
Good luck. Keep us posted. Thank you.
mjlain2 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
Well, I am still working on the situation here, but I have decided to remove my wife from the house by any means necessary.

Unfortunately I believe this will require physical force. So, I have some of her family members coming to help remove her from the house.

Mustang, to answer your question, so far I have had the house blessed by a minister and have also had a cleansing done twice. The blessing was done by a local minister. As for the cleansing, I have a friend who is a Native American and his uncle is experienced in cleansing ceremonies, the uncle actually traveled from Canada to cleanse the house, at no cost to me.

All three attempts have proved to be unsuccessful.

The question that plagues me is what can these entities possibly want/need with my wife? Why do they want her/us there?

It feels like something is trying to wear down my will to resist. But, I am not even sure what it is that I am resisting, or what this entity wants me to give into.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hello mjlain2. I must agree with FRAWIN on the fact that you DID receive some good advise as what to do. You REALLY need yo get your wife away from THAT DAMNED HOUSE for atleast a few days and try to talk to her then. Also, before she goes back in the house, you need to have this home blessed because these entities seem to have evil intent. I do not believe they are demons but low-level entities that have latched onto your wife and are trying to destroy your relationship. You MUST act now! What have you done to remedy this situation so far? Anything at all? Your wife, to them, is an easy target and she is weak right now. She needs you and you need to heed "OUR" advise by getting her away from the house to talk to her. There is no point in trying to speak to her in that home as they have a hold on her. You need to also do some investigating on the houses history as well as the property and it's surroundings, like the woods. It is only going to get worse if you do not act RIGHT NOW! Sometimes smudging ceremonies have to be done repeatedly to rid a home of stubborn ghosts and also have to be redone every couple of months or so. Please heed our warnings and take our advise. Good luck and I'll be praying for you and your wife. Keep in touch! ~Shelby ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hi mjlain2. Thank you for the continuation of what you are going through. In your first story you got some execellent advice from good and knowledgeable people. That same advice applies here. God Bless You.

FRAWIN 😐
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
mjlain, I agree with rose. Do your best to separate her from this situation. She needs to get away. I'm sorry for what you are going through, stand by your wife and hopefully things will get better for you both.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-19)
mjlain2 = If you want help, you must do what you think is right. You have good judgement, you know what is going on, have to do and face it. She needs to see the reality to all is going on. She is being sucked into the entities unreasonable realms. Those spirits are confuse themselves. They need her as a host. Must get her out of there. You know what to do. When a sorce confuse a being, believe me is not a good thing. She can not control you and must not, for you will loose ground of sanity.
Take care,
Rose

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: